Author Topic: The Biden (interim) Dictator  (Read 303225 times)

mocat (+ 1 Hidden) and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Biden (interim) Dictator
« Reply #2225 on: June 21, 2021, 02:21:28 AM »
Start a new thread on student loans. 

Meanwhile:  Blackrock owns the Biden Administration and pretty much the totality of the ProgFascist Movement.

If you need to understand why iPOTUS Biden made a decision start at BII:  Blackrock Investment Institute. 

Joe Biden:  Making the swamp great(er) again

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: June 21, 2021, 08:19:17 AM »
https://twitter.com/axios/status/1406958982372200453

I think the drop for community colleges pre-pandemic is much more concerning than what happened during the pandemic. Community colleges were much less likely to offer a rich variety of online offerings. Community colleges enrollees are also more likely to not feel pressured to have to stay enrolled during the pandemic. They can work for a year and then just go back to school without feeling like they've missed something.

That decline before the pandemic indicates that as four-year tuition increases not many people are looking at two year schools as an option to at the very least get those gen ed credits out of the way, and that's very unfortunate. While I know this isn't much of an issue in some states Kansas, Iowa, Texas, and, California for most of the county community colleges are underfunded and still heavily stigmatized as if they are only old people in night school.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: June 21, 2021, 04:48:35 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: June 21, 2021, 05:10:00 PM »
Such a dilemma. I spent years being pro withdrawal, then a couple of months ago I started seeing these Afghanis interviewed and saw and heard their panic in some cases, resignation of a return to Taliban rule in others, and now I've completely changed my mind.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: June 21, 2021, 09:04:43 PM »
End, endless wars.

In other news, Biden Family Inc selling dogshit contemporary art for 100’s of thousands of dollars.

New twist on pay to play, but kudos to them.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: June 21, 2021, 11:28:42 PM »
End, endless wars.

End up right back there because we didn't accomplish what the goal was.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: June 22, 2021, 02:07:16 AM »
End, endless wars.

The thought that a trillion dollar annual war machine can’t keep things bottled up in Afghanistan is straight out of the PNAC/NeoCon playbook. 

I suppose our intelligence agencies are going to miss the profits from the Opium.   

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: June 22, 2021, 07:13:13 AM »
End, endless wars.

I am torn. I get the people part of this. However, I don’t see a way we can accomplish any goal.  It seems like trying to create a void in water. How do we accomplish anything?  I don’t think you can effectively fight religion. Maybe it’s lazy, but we may need to consider that we can’t and that those who don’t want to live under that need to take a refugee way out.  We’ve been at war for longer than my high schoolers have been alive. We have spent enough to have solved some major problems around here with that money. We need to stop.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: June 22, 2021, 09:02:33 AM »
End, endless wars.

I am torn. I get the people part of this. However, I don’t see a way we can accomplish any goal.  It seems like trying to create a void in water. How do we accomplish anything?  I don’t think you can effectively fight religion. Maybe it’s lazy, but we may need to consider that we can’t and that those who don’t want to live under that need to take a refugee way out.  We’ve been at war for longer than my high schoolers have been alive. We have spent enough to have solved some major problems around here with that money. We need to stop.
This is generally my thought. It sucks because we know how much the people are suffering, but at this point we also have a pretty damn good idea that short of annexing the country we’re not going to do any good with our military.

I’d oppose going back in, but I could be persuaded if the plan was to do so with a true global coalition that includes US troops but is not US led (maybe UN or NATO).

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: June 22, 2021, 10:45:02 AM »
End, endless wars.

This is generally my thought. It sucks because we know how much the people are suffering, but at this point we also have a pretty damn good idea that short of annexing the country we’re not going to do any good with our military.

I’d oppose going back in, but I could be persuaded if the plan was to do so with a true global coalition that includes US troops but is not US led (maybe UN or NATO).

What about the potential risk to our national security by allowing the Taliban to regain a stronghold? We did not accomplish what we intended when we went into that country, unless the sole stated goal was to kill Bin Laden. This was will be a failure because of poor leadership at the start and throughout. The war in Afghanistan is our first failed war due to political partisanship. We diluted the war with Operation Iraqi Freedom, then the war spent three different administrations kicked around as a political football.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: June 22, 2021, 11:55:24 AM »
None of that really affects my point, which is that there is no basis to believe we can accomplish what we want with military intervention short of turning it into a police state using US troops. Unless a good chunk of the rest of the world is interested in pitching in I don’t see what good we hope to achieve there over the long term.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: June 22, 2021, 12:16:13 PM »
We don’t need a presence there, just drones.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: June 22, 2021, 12:21:53 PM »
End, endless wars.

What about the potential risk to our national security by allowing the Taliban to regain a stronghold? We did not accomplish what we intended when we went into that country, unless the sole stated goal was to kill Bin Laden. This was will be a failure because of poor leadership at the start and throughout. The war in Afghanistan is our first failed war due to political partisanship. We diluted the war with Operation Iraqi Freedom, then the war spent three different administrations kicked around as a political football.

Partisanship def didn't help, but IMO it was a doomed trip anyway.  I mean, can you imagine invading Italy and occupying until Catholics switched beliefs?  Fools errand.  Better move would be to help those who want out to get out.  Not that that is a small task either, but it's one that has a clear path to follow.  Any time we spend there is time we are spending in neutral, spending large amts of money, and just waiting for the inevitable power void that us eventually leaving will cause. 

I don't know the answer to this, but has there been any appreciable difference in the locals' ability to police, protect, build, etc for themselves over our time in country?  I have heard a bunch of stuff about how poorly trained the local armies, police, etc were back about 10 yrs ago.  I heard that not only were they poorly trained, but they didn't want to be there, they quit en mass often, and often they would defect to the other side.  If that isn't changing, we def need to get out.  If it hasn't changed in more than a decade, it won't change and we are simply a very expensive, very violent, place holder.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: June 22, 2021, 12:24:21 PM »
We don’t need a presence there, just drones.

Depends on what you want.  I mean, I have heard several interviews that noted something like 80%+ of drone fatalities are non-combatants.   I would think this is doing most of the heavy lifting for ISIS recruiting.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: June 23, 2021, 01:22:22 AM »
None of that really affects my point, which is that there is no basis to believe we can accomplish what we want with military intervention short of turning it into a police state using US troops. Unless a good chunk of the rest of the world is interested in pitching in I don’t see what good we hope to achieve there over the long term.

I wasn't rebutting your point although I do think you are downplaying the homeland security risk of letting the taliban run wild. We've maintained a permanent presence in Germany, Japan, the South Pacific, and Korea among several other places. I don't understand why, as unstable as this region is, we can't maintain a permanent presence there without actively fighting a war. The Taliban will break the treaty before September is over.

CNS, I think your Catholic/Italy analogy stinks. There are 38 million Afghanis, 80,000 of them are taliban.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: June 23, 2021, 06:40:34 AM »
Yeah, I knew numbers were a problem with that analogy.  Still, what is the expectation of those 80k taliban?  Conversion?  Extermination?  We are still fighting ideology. If the numbers are 38m vs 80k, why haven’t the 38m been made able to do their own maintenance?  The money and time we have spent is adequate to have done so. This leads me back to asking if the issues with the locals as army and police have gotten any better.

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: June 23, 2021, 11:57:35 AM »
So, thousands of lives lost, trillions spent on a country so systematically aligned with radical Islam that they cannot hold out against it for even a year on their own.   Despite hundreds of billions of dollars in equipment and training for its police and military. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: June 23, 2021, 12:01:03 PM »
Relative to Afghanistan withdrawal and the commingling of the NeoCons/ProgFascists 2017 to present day. 

What does Vlad Putin have on Joe Biden?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: June 23, 2021, 04:41:55 PM »
Yeah, I knew numbers were a problem with that analogy.  Still, what is the expectation of those 80k taliban?  Conversion?  Extermination?  We are still fighting ideology. If the numbers are 38m vs 80k, why haven’t the 38m been made able to do their own maintenance?  The money and time we have spent is adequate to have done so. This leads me back to asking if the issues with the locals as army and police have gotten any better.

The reason the 80,000 can so easily overtake the 38 million is the 80,000 are very heavily armed and the 38 million aren't like at all. The Taliban are allied with and funded by the Saudis, Iranians, Russians and the Chinese among others. That support isn't going to stop just because we leave.

Afghanistan are allied with us and the UK and we aren't selling arms to them like the Taliban are getting from their allies, nor should we. As we withdraw the Afghanistan army are literally forced to surrender their arms to the Taliban. It's very bleak.

We have 17,000 interpreters that we're leaving there who will be mined for intelligence then executed. This is shaping up to be a human rights disaster that we haven't seen in 85 years and we will have some culpability.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: June 23, 2021, 05:47:46 PM »
Why shouldn't we arm the locals?

It's their country.   They out number the Taliban 475:1.  Seems like they should be able to handle that pretty easily if the issue is simply China and Russia hooking them up with cool guns and crap.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: June 23, 2021, 06:59:39 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: June 23, 2021, 09:04:50 PM »
Any bill that doesn’t include repealing the salt cap is a crime against the citizens of this country

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: June 24, 2021, 05:04:18 PM »
iPOTUS Joe ups the stakes on what you need to have in order to take out these United States of America..

From a few poorly coordinated MAGA types now escalating to a handful of F-15's and maybe some nukes.

ProgFascist/New Stasi Nation much prefers the poorly coordinated few hundred MAGA's taking down our Trillion dollar defense-domestic police-intelligence complex and all they protect narrative.