Author Topic: The Biden (interim) Dictator  (Read 303701 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Biden (interim) Dictator
« Reply #1575 on: March 31, 2021, 01:08:47 PM »
From the dude whose only near monosyllabic level response to everything is taz'd balls.  :lol: :lol:

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: March 31, 2021, 01:31:37 PM »
that trumper who tazed himself in the crank until he died makes dax very upset. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: March 31, 2021, 01:36:16 PM »
I think it's more like the linear thinker who can't come up with anything original (after the one original response from months ago) make me  :lol: :lol: at him.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: March 31, 2021, 03:10:08 PM »
I think it's more like the linear thinker who can't come up with anything original (after the one original response from months ago) make me  :lol: :lol: at him.

old fat trumper who tazes his groin to flat line will always be funny except to other old fat trumpers

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: March 31, 2021, 03:39:53 PM »

old fat trumper who tazes his groin to flat line will always be funny except to other old fat trumpers

Who said it wasn't funny?   It's just not original anymore.   You've completely missed the point . . . as always.

Again, great job of deflecting from all discussion about mentally incapacitated iPOTUS Biden today.  Keep those deflecto meters on full, and always stay triggered about #blueanon

Online LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: April 01, 2021, 08:00:17 AM »
was considering riding to the Canyon over spring break with the fam but then realized we would be masked the whole time and opted out of that idea

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: April 01, 2021, 08:39:42 AM »
What would make people switch from flying to taking the train? Last I checked, prices were comparable.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: April 01, 2021, 08:59:09 AM »
What would make people switch from flying to taking the train? Last I checked, prices were comparable.

The train would need to arrive on the same day it departs.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: April 01, 2021, 09:11:30 AM »
Yeah, if we could reach the kc to denver/chicago/dfw/Nashville type range in 4 hours, I would strongly consider it. Over that and planes are too convenient.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: April 01, 2021, 10:22:19 AM »
the reality of train travel versus the fantasy is pretty big.  I think taking them through the mountains would be dope but back when I used to take the Acela from boston to DC i realized it sucks crap

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: April 01, 2021, 10:25:03 AM »
I’ve done Chicago-KC a few times. It’s a few hours longer than flying after you bake in all the extra time for travel to the airport, security, etc. but it’s fairly pleasant. DC to NYC on the express was great and if you are going to Manhattan it’s faster than flying if you count waiting in the cab line at LGA and sitting in traffic.
:adios:

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: April 01, 2021, 11:06:08 AM »
I’ve done Chicago-KC a few times. It’s a few hours longer than flying after you bake in all the extra time for travel to the airport, security, etc. but it’s fairly pleasant. DC to NYC on the express was great and if you are going to Manhattan it’s faster than flying if you count waiting in the cab line at LGA and sitting in traffic.

gross.  take the Delta shuttle fam

Online kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: April 01, 2021, 11:45:32 AM »
the reality of train travel versus the fantasy is pretty big.  I think taking them through the mountains would be dope but back when I used to take the Acela from boston to DC i realized it sucks crap

I took the train from Portland to Seattle a couple of years ago.  The views were pretty sweet.  Also the free wifi and bar car made it way more fun than an airplane, but it was only a 3 hour trip.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: April 01, 2021, 11:49:12 AM »

I took the train from Portland to Seattle a couple of years ago.  The views were pretty sweet.  Also the free wifi and bar car made it way more fun than an airplane, but it was only a 3 hour trip.

Yeah, medium-haul train rides are good (about 3 hours sounds right). Way more room than airplanes. You can generally get up and saunter around. Plus, the aforementioned bar car. And (slightly) better food. In Europe, it works. We are too big to make it work outside of individual regions.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: April 01, 2021, 01:06:19 PM »
Seattle-Vancouver is 4 hours and just right convenience-wise to make it about a wash vs. flying where you can pick either depending on what's going to be convenient schedule-wise, where within the cities you want to start/end drinking, etc.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: April 01, 2021, 04:46:37 PM »
I took the Southwest Chief from KC to Flagstaff (and then back) once.  It's a great way to travel.  I was crushing beers the whole way.  :cheers:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: April 01, 2021, 06:18:38 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: April 02, 2021, 12:48:42 PM »
Anyone ever taken the Amtrak from KC to LA?

https://twitter.com/Robillard/status/1377394535869739012

Wichita to ABQ three times. It's cool to see the scenery out west, the food is better than airplane food, crazy uncomfortable seats, loud, there are some weirdos who feel much more liberated on a train than on a airplane.

The biggest reason to not take the train is that the price point is often similar if not more expensive than airfare and obviously it doesn't get you there faster. Outside of busses it's the slowest mode of transportation, but sometimes the most expensive.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: April 02, 2021, 01:28:52 PM »

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: April 02, 2021, 01:38:43 PM »

Wichita to ABQ three times. It's cool to see the scenery out west, the food is better than airplane food, crazy uncomfortable seats, loud, there are some weirdos who feel much more liberated on a train than on a airplane.

The biggest reason to not take the train is that the price point is often similar if not more expensive than airfare and obviously it doesn't get you there faster. Outside of busses it's the slowest mode of transportation, but sometimes the most expensive.

Also you are much more likely to die than air travel
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: April 02, 2021, 09:37:44 PM »

Also you are much more likely to die than air travel

Yes, but neither are very likely at all.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: April 03, 2021, 09:07:58 AM »
I looked at taking Amtrak to Vegas, but it was not very practical. I have taken the Amtrak from Seattle to Portland and it was lovely. I would do another long trip through the west if I had a chunk of time, but it isn’t cheap to go long haul.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: April 03, 2021, 09:13:00 AM »
I did Chicago to Grand Rapids on Amtrak a few times back in the day and gosh it was lovely!

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: April 03, 2021, 11:17:37 AM »
I did Denver to San Diego to San Francisco to Portland and back to Denver as a summer trip with my grandparents when I was around 10. Sounds horrible now but it was pretty boss as a kid
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: April 03, 2021, 11:33:52 AM »
Mods please create a resident slow train ridership thread

Thanks