Author Topic: The Biden (interim) Dictator  (Read 303008 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Biden Presidency
« Reply #600 on: December 20, 2020, 10:37:52 PM »
I already bitch about Biden, a lot, but I never praised him for the Haaland appointment, it was fantastic, and should be impactful, actually has the potential of being more impactful than anything that happened in the 8 years of the Obama presidency.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 21, 2020, 08:36:17 AM »
I already bitch about Biden, a lot, but I never praised him for the Haaland appointment, it was fantastic, and should be impactful, actually has the potential of being more impactful than anything that happened in the 8 years of the Obama presidency.
Yeah, that appointment got me real horned up.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 22, 2020, 02:08:47 PM »
Did Biden get a couple years older over the last week? Poor guy looks like the gas tank is on E.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 22, 2020, 02:27:50 PM »
Did Biden get a couple years older over the last week? Poor guy looks like the gas tank is on E.

He looks better than most 80 year olds I've been around.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 28, 2020, 04:50:11 PM »
Man, huge surprise here. 

https://twitter.com/chuckrossdc/status/1343218228223488002?s=21

ChiCom Joe Biden:  Making the swamp great again

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 28, 2020, 04:58:01 PM »
Damn that’s pretty good business management to survive three years only signing one client

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 01, 2021, 01:44:23 PM »

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 04, 2021, 10:19:13 PM »
What does this have to do with biden?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 04, 2021, 10:21:44 PM »
https://twitter.com/adamconover/status/1346209249312055297

that story is just flat out dishonest.  there was nothing that would have stopped those stores from outsourcing deliveries prior to prop 22, and nothing in prop 22 alters their ability to do so.

ab5 has been a disaster for ca dems, and this sort of dishonest messaging instead of recognizing that they mumped up and need to fix it will hurt them even more.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 04, 2021, 10:23:22 PM »
https://twitter.com/katewillett/status/1346256587149762567

I feel terrible for the unionized drivers losing their jobs, as well for the gig contract drivers in California for whom the California legislation probably (I'm not sure tbh) made things worse for.

I do gig delivery myself and love it as independent contractor. Sad part is that a vast majority of drivers are low-medium types that take on the job with an employee mentality. Meantime, real gig drivers, who utilize the gig economy to their advantage want no part of either being an employee or the added legislation in CA.

I'd wager that most drivers who do it right in CA were already netting (not gross) $25-$30/hr before all the legislation.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 04, 2021, 10:30:00 PM »
I feel terrible for the unionized drivers losing their jobs, as well for the gig contract drivers in California for whom the California legislation probably (I'm not sure tbh) made things worse for.

gig workers supported prop 22, according to the only public data i've seen.  prop 22 came into existence as a reaction to ab5, a law that attempted to force independent contractors to be employees, and which is despised by the overwhelming majority of independent contractors in the state (including me).

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 04, 2021, 10:43:51 PM »

gig workers supported prop 22, according to the only public data i've seen.  prop 22 came into existence as a reaction to ab5, a law that attempted to force independent contractors to be employees, and which is despised by the overwhelming majority of independent contractors in the state (including me).

Yes, I believe this is correct. Also correct is the result of prop 22 was crap compared to what most of those gig workers were hoping for. Not totally sure, I've only read bits and pieces about what has been going on in California.

From what I gather they've increased customer fees to cover increased "driver pay" for delivers, while also changing the way they prompt customers to tip. I've see some drivers happy and say they're making more. Other drivers, who were making good money before all of these are complaining that their earnings have dropped with the change, especially on GrubHub.

Grubhub, which for most of its existence was seen as a "luxury" service, typically prompts customers to tip (I believe) 30%, 25%, 20%, 15%, 10% with some verbiage about "our drivers work extremely hard to provide excellent service... blah blah." Tipping anything less was quite tedious. In CA after prop 22 it's now, "consider an optional tip for your driver" and customers are now prompted to tip $1 or $2 or nothing.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 10:50:37 PM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 05, 2021, 01:43:06 AM »
What does this have to do with biden?

Can you read?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: January 05, 2021, 01:55:50 AM »

that story is just flat out dishonest.  there was nothing that would have stopped those stores from outsourcing deliveries prior to prop 22, and nothing in prop 22 alters their ability to do so.

ab5 has been a disaster for ca dems, and this sort of dishonest messaging instead of recognizing that they mumped up and need to fix it will hurt them even more.

You definitely have a far greater grasp of prop 22 than I do. Now not having a statement from Albertsons affirming or denying what is being alleged here, I'm having a hard time coming up with a different conclusion than what the author here is trying lead the reader to. Why would they outsource the jobs if the gig workers were able to unionize? It seemingly wouldn't save them a dime so what would the motivation for outsourcing be?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 05, 2021, 06:58:00 AM »

You definitely have a far greater grasp of prop 22 than I do. Now not having a statement from Albertsons affirming or denying what is being alleged here, I'm having a hard time coming up with a different conclusion than what the author here is trying lead the reader to. Why would they outsource the jobs if the gig workers were able to unionize? It seemingly wouldn't save them a dime so what would the motivation for outsourcing be?
Having someone else be responsible for the logistics of product delivery would seem to be a strong motivator
:adios:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 05, 2021, 02:39:17 PM »
prop 22 didn't outlaw unions among gig workers, it rescinded part of ab5 that applied to uber and those companies that would have made the companies treat their gig workers as employees rather than gig workers (plus some other stuff supposed to give gig workers benefits).

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 05, 2021, 08:43:47 PM »
Victoria "eff the EU" Nuland:  Queen of the Coup D Etat pinned as Under SOS for political affairs.

Joe gonna hop into the regime change business early (and often)?

Chicom Joe Biden:  Making the swamp great again

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Biden Presidency
« Reply #619 on: January 07, 2021, 08:33:57 AM »
Gonna need a few more symbolic appointments to placate the lunatic ProgLeft Fascists

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1346886146404577286?s=21

Mega Corrupt ChiCom Joe Biden:  Making the swamp great again

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 07, 2021, 09:15:36 PM »
So Biden should be able to count the Arizona and Pennsylvania dissenters as willing votes to abolish the electoral college, right? So that should be the first thing Chuck and Nancy goes after when COVID relief is done, yes?

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 07, 2021, 09:27:20 PM »
Oh crap! Merrick Garland that got Mitch McConnell’d for the Supreme Court?!  Dis gonna be good.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 08, 2021, 04:50:36 PM »
Wall Street is very stimulated by Biden's Trillion's in stimulus talk because they know where a huge chunk of that cash is going to end up.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 09, 2021, 12:12:12 AM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 10, 2021, 06:41:49 AM »