Author Topic: The Biden (interim) Dictator  (Read 309856 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: The Biden (interim) Dictator
« Reply #4675 on: April 29, 2022, 09:17:52 AM »
as progeny of BIG FARM I came into this world suckling at the gov. teet and, folks, it rules

It is like cancelling agreed to debt but instead of screaming about it everyone loves it because FARM!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: April 29, 2022, 09:22:20 AM »
You mostly just get the money without even doing the debt part

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: April 29, 2022, 09:24:34 AM »
College is a barrier to entry. Intentionally so, and one that provides added value of skill and education relevant to most industries.

If college wasn’t required, don’t think for a second that other barriers to entry wouldn’t be implemented. They would most likely also be costly, classist, racist, etc as it seems most systems set up in most countries are.

A change like that will provide a level of chaos that needs to be reorganized. Anytime that occurs, those with money and power organize it to fit their needs, wants, etc.

I don’t think those in favor of less college would get what they want from it other than less expensive labor.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: April 29, 2022, 11:29:54 AM »
We basically can’t go 12 minutes without threatening somebody with military action if they don’t do what we want.  This is #neoconGe utopia.   Sadly the pros and adults got outmaneuvered again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: April 29, 2022, 02:14:08 PM »
think we have missed the 7 year window

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: April 29, 2022, 02:39:52 PM »
I'm probably going to vote for Biden regardless because I like western ideals like having basic human rights and elections that matter. I'd rather not live in some 3rd world crap hole like Russia, and I doubt the republicans end up nominating anyone who feels the same way.

Western ideals is an interesting phrase to use when discussing people getting off scot-free from the debts they willingly agreed to.

You should REALLY look up just a few resources on farm subsidies/fossil fuel subsidies/corporate welfare that our gov routinely engages in.  Just to give you a little perspective if nothing else.

I'm aware of those things. They should all be stopped as well.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: April 29, 2022, 02:43:48 PM »
Farm subsidies are the life blood of this nation. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: April 29, 2022, 02:44:39 PM »

I imagine most investment in public education has a positive ROI. But JW's a numbers guy, maybe he has data that says otherwise???

From a social standpoint there is a lot of investment in higher education that does not have a positive ROI. There can be positive personal returns and negative social returns at the same time due to the subsidies for state universities and colleges. I would recommend reading The Case Against Education by Bryan Caplan. You might disagree with some of his assumptions, but I think his assumptions are fair. I also think that some of his assumptions that people might disagree with don't change the final result too much.

I would also recommend reading The Tyranny of Merit by Michael Sandel. It is about a lot more than college education, but college degree requirements are a part of it.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: April 29, 2022, 03:03:29 PM »
The argument in favor of returning to the Dark Ages. Sounds interesting.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: April 29, 2022, 03:09:17 PM »

I imagine most investment in public education has a positive ROI. But JW's a numbers guy, maybe he has data that says otherwise???

From a social standpoint there is a lot of investment in higher education that does not have a positive ROI. There can be positive personal returns and negative social returns at the same time due to the subsidies for state universities and colleges. I would recommend reading The Case Against Education by Bryan Caplan. You might disagree with some of his assumptions, but I think his assumptions are fair. I also think that some of his assumptions that people might disagree with don't change the final result too much.

I would also recommend reading The Tyranny of Merit by Michael Sandel. It is about a lot more than college education, but college degree requirements are a part of it.

College profs and reading assignments.  :Yuck:

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: April 29, 2022, 03:11:51 PM »

I happen to know a lot of people that do not have a college degree and they don't seem to be living in the Dark Ages.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: April 29, 2022, 03:20:17 PM »

I happen to know a lot of people that do not have a college degree and they don't seem to be living in the Dark Ages.

This overview doesn't say anything about college. I'll defer to you, but this strikes me as a baby/bathwater solution.

https://press.princeton.edu/books/hardcover/9780691174655/the-case-against-education

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: April 29, 2022, 03:35:13 PM »

This overview doesn't say anything about college. I'll defer to you, but this strikes me as a baby/bathwater solution.

https://press.princeton.edu/books/hardcover/9780691174655/the-case-against-education

It is mostly about college education. There is some discussion of high school as well, but the focus of the book is higher education.

Also, there is no argument that we should have no education. The argument is less education. Why should we have baristas at Starbucks with a college degree? In terms of high school, the argument is maybe fewer elective classes and things like foreign languages along with opportunities for things like more work experience.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: April 29, 2022, 03:50:48 PM »
#blueanonGe’s takes on forgiving massive college debt that was taken on by choice and associating any push back to a desire for the dark ages is 1000% on brand.

#thumbsup

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4695 on: April 30, 2022, 01:02:40 PM »
First quarter GDP shrank over 1%

Ramp up the student loan forgiveness . . . blame Putin!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: May 02, 2022, 12:21:59 PM »
A brilliant poster on this board brought this up months ago (some of the usual deflectobots got mad, as always).

We're going to send $33 Billion to Ukraine, tho

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/world-feed-itself-historic-fertilizer-120018356.html

Got damn Tucker Carlson!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 12:28:03 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: May 02, 2022, 11:04:47 PM »
Joe's boss President Xi made a couple of phone calls, the administration of course is hiding behind Ukraine.   Suck it Taiwan, Biden Family Inc has assets to protect (and a World War to start)!

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/taiwan-considers-alternatives-after-us-informs-howitzer-delay-2022-05-02/

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: May 03, 2022, 09:12:51 AM »
Lotta attaboys and some under the table cash going to the SCOTUS leaker.

Great deflection for the clown car administration.   :thumbsup: