Poll

regardless of who you would prefer to win, who do you think will win the 2020 presidential general election?

prefer trump and trump will win
3 (6.8%)
prefer biden and trump will win
4 (9.1%)
prefer trump and biden will win
3 (6.8%)
prefer biden and biden will win
34 (77.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: October 21, 2020, 05:20:30 PM

Author Topic: new election poll  (Read 7091 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: new election poll
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2020, 12:22:22 AM »
That's a poor analogy.  If you want to stick with RP, it'd be that he as theoretically near the end of year 4 with the 4th year having gone ridiculously worse than the first shitty 3 to where KSU was at risk of somehow not even having football going forward if he kept at it, and the options were keep him or hire whoever was the most basic, old, safe out-of-work coach at the time.

And of course the choice would be to hire Coach Basic and at least end the crap show and reset normalcy for a more winning selection after a few years.

iirc, kstate did decide to rehire coach basic and it worked out ok.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2020, 12:24:38 AM »
That's a poor analogy.  If you want to stick with RP, it'd be that he as theoretically near the end of year 4 with the 4th year having gone ridiculously worse than the first shitty 3 to where KSU was at risk of somehow not even having football going forward if he kept at it, and the options were keep him or hire whoever was the most basic, old, safe out-of-work coach at the time.

And of course the choice would be to hire Coach Basic and at least end the crap show and reset normalcy for a more winning selection after a few years.

iirc, kstate did decide to rehire coach basic and it worked out ok.

Ha, I didn't even think of snyder as biden, but that works.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2020, 01:15:17 AM »
i agree with ipa and tdaver that voting in a non-competitive state is entirely expressive, and one need not weigh any of the considerations with which voters in competitive states are burdened or privileged.

in several previous elections i've voted for presidential candidates i did not actually wish to win, because i thought it best allowed me to express the direction i would prefer politics to shift.  i did that in 2016, and don't regret it.

in 2020, i voted for biden because the most important message i most wished to express is complete rejection of trump, trumpism, the lawless corruption, cruelty and incompetence that have characterized his presidency and the falsity of the incoherent and ignorant idea that both candidates and current iterations of both parties are in any way moral equivalents.

Yeah, I totally forgot where ipa lives, crap vote for Barney, it doesn't matter a single bit. If I thought voting for hillz in '16 would have made a difference, I might, maybe, have been compelled to do so.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2020, 01:46:01 AM »
in 2020, i voted for biden because the most important message i most wished to express is complete rejection of trump, trumpism, the lawless corruption, cruelty and incompetence that have characterized his presidency and the falsity of the incoherent and ignorant idea that both candidates and current iterations of both parties are in any way moral equivalents.

This is exactly my motivation. Pure repudiation. also i want to contribute to the margin of victory in the hopes of avoiding a controversial outcome

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2020, 05:55:16 AM »
Yep, sys and mir, it is much easier to vote against the establishment when one side has a lock on it.

Senate race might have been competitive if DNC had backed Booker. Instead, they chose to bring Amy "I was a fighter pilot" McGrath. Pffffft. She brings nothing but DNC marching orders. I'd vote for Booker with your votes, too.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2020, 06:15:47 AM »
This is exactly my motivation. Pure repudiation. also i want to contribute to the margin of victory in the hopes of avoiding a controversial outcome

are you still considered a resident of a state?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2020, 06:36:45 AM »
If my 401K collapses, I'm kicking all of your margin of victory asses. ;)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2020, 07:10:25 AM »
Hillary had a lead in the polls in 2016 and lost by a slim margin. Biden has a much bigger, much more stable lead in the polls in 2020. Pretty straightforward.

Yes I agree with you and Chingon that trump has a good chance of winning

If Trump wins, his chance of winning today is close to 100%. Same for  Biden. Think about what type of cosmic event would have to occur in the next two weeks to change the outcome.
Yeah, this thing is wrapped up one way or the other. Nothing happening in these last few minutes is going to swing any votes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2020, 07:44:59 AM »
Do you think a Biden win might cause a stock market crash?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2020, 08:00:50 AM »
a lot of people are saying the economy will tank michigancat

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1318898380421083137

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2020, 08:05:37 AM »
I cast my vote a few days before 50 cent let me know about that, sucks man.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2020, 08:29:44 AM »

It's accepted fact in conservative circles that Biden is going to to confiscate 401k's.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2020, 08:31:35 AM »
Anybody that ignores all that is Donald Trump and what he's shown you he is over 4 years because their 401k might drop a bit are really the worst people.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2020, 08:49:13 AM »
I have no clue. Just message boarding.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2020, 08:50:23 AM »

It's accepted fact in conservative circles that Biden is going to to confiscate 401k's.
Ya. Gotta a couple of tweeters railing about no more 401k if Biden is elected.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2020, 08:51:17 AM »
Anybody that ignores all that is Donald Trump and what he's shown you he is over 4 years because their 401k might drop a bit are really the worst people.
Markets come and go. I hope posters here are smart enough to realize that.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2020, 08:59:55 AM »
If the markets doing well under Trump didn't convince people that the president has no effect on them at all, then I don't know what possibly could.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2020, 09:05:10 AM »
i agree with ipa and tdaver that voting in a non-competitive state is entirely expressive, and one need not weigh any of the considerations with which voters in competitive states are burdened or privileged.

in several previous elections i've voted for presidential candidates i did not actually wish to win, because i thought it best allowed me to express the direction i would prefer politics to shift.  i did that in 2016, and don't regret it.

Yes.  If I lived in a swing state, I would probably feel compelled to vote for Biden.  But my third party vote is still a strong anti-Trump statement.  I voted for the Repub candidate in every election prior to 2016.  Not getting my vote in two consecutive elections is more of an anti-Trump position than any left leaning voter for Biden.  And if this Trump regime is what the GOP really is, then I don’t anticipate voting for them in the future.  To be honest, moving to Utah has also influenced my drift toward third party voting at the local/state level.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 09:17:20 AM by tdaver »

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2020, 09:26:37 AM »
So, I was very nervous in 16 and thought that in the end "good" people would reject trump. That didn't happen and now it's hard to relax even with all the indicators showing a clear Biden win.

Two things give me pause. 1) trump supporters absolutely lie to pollsters. I think this has moved the last 4 years from "shy" Trump supporters to now it's trolls thinking they are sabotaging the establishment. Who knows how big of a segment this is. 2) Biden is not doing much campaigning. It's obviously a different situation than 16, and I think enthusiasm to vote against trump is high enough to offset this.

I definitely feel more confident this election, but I won't at all be surprised to see trump win.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2020, 09:40:56 AM »
So, I was very nervous in 16 and thought that in the end "good" people would reject trump. That didn't happen and now it's hard to relax even with all the indicators showing a clear Biden win.

Two things give me pause. 1) trump supporters absolutely lie to pollsters. I think this has moved the last 4 years from "shy" Trump supporters to now it's trolls thinking they are sabotaging the establishment. Who knows how big of a segment this is. 2) Biden is not doing much campaigning. It's obviously a different situation than 16, and I think enthusiasm to vote against trump is high enough to offset this.

I definitely feel more confident this election, but I won't at all be surprised to see trump win.

I think there are a lot of people still answering "voting for Trump" but in the end will just pull back and not vote.  Similar to HilDog in 16

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2020, 09:43:18 AM »
Peggy pos: in my libderp bubble I know quite a few people who have never voted or have not voted in a while that have made sure to be registered just to vote against trump

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2020, 10:24:35 AM »

I think there are a lot of people still answering "voting for Trump" but in the end will just pull back and not vote.  Similar to HilDog in 16

No, people lie to make themselves look better, not worse.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2020, 11:07:38 AM »
I’d normally vote 3rd party or Tom or whoever, especially in a safe state, but it’s too important this time to run up the score and try to reduce the chances of anything mumped up happening and get back to semi-normal. Tom and others can have my vote next time it’s two relative normals running.

Yeah, no shot I'm voting for Kamala in '24.

It's more than a little bit likely she will be running against a Q candidate.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 21, 2020, 11:13:06 AM »
A lot can happen in 4 years but I don't see how republicans can avoid trump 40%'ing his way through the primary again. He's literally the leader of a cult.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2020, 11:33:47 AM »
A lot can happen in 4 years but I don't see how republicans can avoid trump 40%'ing his way through the primary again. He's literally the leader of a cult.
You really think he makes it another four years?