Author Topic: Open this thread for TCU Talk  (Read 15460 times)

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
Re: Open this thread for TCU Talk
« Reply #250 on: October 10, 2020, 09:38:36 PM »
its kinda unbelievable that we dont have a backup QB better than Howard. The other guys have been there for a while.
true freshman or not howard was terrible. i dont expect ksu to have 4 great QBs but we should have a backup that can at least play on this level.. i honestly can't think of one aspect of the game howard looked serviceable at. If our D plays like today i think we can still count KU as a win and then thats probably the last win for the year.
What game did you watch today?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 10, 2020, 09:39:10 PM »
its kinda unbelievable that we dont have a backup QB better than Howard. The other guys have been there for a while.
true freshman or not howard was terrible. i dont expect ksu to have 4 great QBs but we should have a backup that can at least play on this level.. i honestly can't think of one aspect of the game howard looked serviceable at.

He was pretty good at running the ball (other than his one extreme LOL), nearly amassing 100 yards on that alone. :ck:

If our D plays like today i think we can still count KU as a win and then thats probably the last win for the year.

calm down there, chief.

SB, ignore this duff.  He doesn't remember the Snyder QB's the year Ertz got hurt and he played our scout QB from a small Kansas HS.  Also, he played one of our WR's, who played some QB at Hutch CC, and we ended up playing Arkansas in the Liberty Bowl.   :lol:

Yeah, the only backup QBs I ever remember doing good in meaningful reps are Adam Helm and Kody Cook.

The only backup QB that was any good was when we beat Texas with Colin Klein.  Then Snyder didn't play him after that game, which was a typical Snyder thing.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 10, 2020, 09:42:47 PM »
#life
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 10, 2020, 09:47:01 PM »
true freshman or not howard was terrible. i dont expect ksu to have 4 great QBs but we should have a backup that can at least play on this level.. i honestly can't think of one aspect of the game howard looked serviceable at.

He was pretty good at running the ball (other than his one extreme LOL), nearly amassing 100 yards on that alone. :ck:

If our D plays like today i think we can still count KU as a win and then thats probably the last win for the year.

calm down there, chief.

SB, ignore this duff.  He doesn't remember the Snyder QB's the year Ertz got hurt and he played our scout QB from a small Kansas HS.  Also, he played one of our WR's, who played some QB at Hutch CC, and we ended up playing Arkansas in the Liberty Bowl.   :lol:

Yeah, the only backup QBs I ever remember doing good in meaningful reps are Adam Helm and Kody Cook.

The only backup QB that was any good was when we beat Texas with Colin Klein.  Then Snyder didn't play him after that game, which was a typical Snyder thing.

Yea Cook was the WR that Snyder played at QB, since he was better than the dummy we had as the backup in '16.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 10, 2020, 09:54:14 PM »
#life

Wasn't he a starter for some of the games.  He wasn't a true freshman thou.  Waters and Sams switched back on who played that first year/

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: October 10, 2020, 10:11:07 PM »
Hey guyz, the katz just started a freshman QB against a big12 team on the road and we still won. Was he awesome? NO.

Did we go 3-0 in big12 play? YES

Thats all that matters, go katz!

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 10, 2020, 10:13:29 PM »
If anything benji said is a lie I can’t find it

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 10, 2020, 10:17:26 PM »
If anything benji said is a lie I can’t find it

Hey big apple cat, feels good to be good at fball again right? Only one thing left to do....

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 10, 2020, 11:03:34 PM »
He described our defense as "stout" before the game started (or maybe right after it started). I was like "umm opportunistic maybe....stout?....he hasn't watched us play much this year".

we are stout though.  makes sense that a trained professional would pick up on that.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #259 on: October 11, 2020, 06:24:13 AM »
Hey guyz, the katz just started a freshman QB against a big12 team on the road and we still won. Was he awesome? NO.

Did we go 3-0 in big12 play? YES

Thats all that matters, go katz!
Ain't no lies there. Such a great feeling to watch the Cats get that win!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 11, 2020, 07:32:52 AM »
way to go KSU cats.  This team keeps surprising me.  Feels 2011'y up in here.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 11, 2020, 08:02:27 AM »
He described our defense as "stout" before the game started (or maybe right after it started). I was like "umm opportunistic maybe....stout?....he hasn't watched us play much this year".

we are stout though.  makes sense that a trained professional would pick up on that.
489, 517, 471
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 11, 2020, 08:08:18 AM »

489, 517, 471
You need to redefine what "stout" means.  Allowing 21 and 14 in back-to-back weeks is impressive, regardless of how many yards are chewed up.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 11, 2020, 08:11:38 AM »
Also, 3 weeks in a row, K-State's defense has either knocked the opposing QB out of the game, or completely mind-f'd him.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 11, 2020, 08:14:05 AM »

489, 517, 471
You need to redefine what "stout" means.  Allowing 21 and 14 in back-to-back weeks is impressive, regardless of how many yards are chewed up.
You can't include the TCU game since it hasn't occurred yet when he spoke. Our defense bent and broke often the previous 3 weeks. Nobody was talking up our defense after giving up almost 500 yards avg on our first 3 games. I don't think I need to define what "stout" is, because you and I both know it ain't that.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 11, 2020, 08:26:03 AM »
Who cares dude

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 11, 2020, 08:38:02 AM »
Yards don’t really matter if you aren’t giving up scores.

Do you even points per drive bro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 11, 2020, 08:51:55 AM »
You don’t put fury in your username if you are willing to concede points on a message board.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 11, 2020, 09:06:42 AM »
This defense is stout

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 11, 2020, 09:24:19 AM »

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: October 11, 2020, 09:42:11 AM »
true freshman or not howard was terrible. i dont expect ksu to have 4 great QBs but we should have a backup that can at least play on this level.. i honestly can't think of one aspect of the game howard looked serviceable at. If our D plays like today i think we can still count KU as a win and then thats probably the last win for the year.
What game did you watch today?

i watched the same game as you. and i saw a QB who was very inaccurate on the majority of passes. Could not go through any progressions. Made some shocking throws to nowhere. passes were wobbly. had terrible time setting feet in pocket and tripped on own feet several times in one game. to his credit he never fumbled. i dont expect a true freshman to wow anyone my bigger issue is not that howard sucked but that we dont have anyone in the program that could perform better than that.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 11, 2020, 09:43:40 AM »
This defense is stout

Exactly what I told my 6 girls on the drive to church this morning.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 11, 2020, 09:52:27 AM »
Skywalker might not get his job back, as this ain't an HCBS team.

Are you on mushrooms?

He's a true freshman and this is his first starting game.  He runs in a TD, runs a 40 yard keeper, and throws a 80 yard pass.  WTF do you think he has to do to make you happy.  Oh don't tell me you like Pete just can't wait to say crap about this kid, of course when he was doing good neither one of you posted.

I'm glad we got the win, the kid played better than Duggan, and did enough to get the win. He was no where close to having what anyone would ever consider a good game, certainly not good enough to get favorably compared to anything Skylar has done.

Howard was 8 for 19 for 117 yards 0 TD 1 INT. Yes, the receivers were steaming polar bear crap, but that line is a horror show. If you take away his 80 yard run, he had 12 runs for 6 yards.

The team was great, the quarterback wasn't, but I that's not an indictment of his future, he may turn out to be Easton Stick, but he sucked today.

Most of that seems right, but honestly you need to give credit where credit is due: he did do that 80-yard run, and it can’t be taken away. He made that crap happen. And lots of people’s stat lines include huge plays that balloon their numbers, so imo it’s not really fair to say “take away this big play and this player’s stats would’ve sucked!” Especially when, if you took away that 80-yard run, it could possibly have led to him amassing 80 yards worth of stats some other way.

Did he wow me? No. Did he manage the game well enough to help us gut out a win on the road in his first start against a pretty solid TCU team? Yes. Did he have one of the most LOL plays in football history? Yes.

I don't want to take that away from him but when assessing his performance it should be pointed out that play was schemed, according to Klieman's post game press conference, and it wasn't the case of a quarterback making something out of nothing.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 11, 2020, 09:55:10 AM »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 11, 2020, 09:58:25 AM »
stout
/stout/

adjective
(of an object) strong and thick.

oh yes the D is stout
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles