Author Topic: Open this thread for TCU Talk  (Read 15537 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Open this thread for TCU Talk
« Reply #225 on: October 10, 2020, 07:43:31 PM »
Really disappointed in zero jacardia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, getting worried he will leave us, which sucks cuz he seems like a very good runner.

Maybe y'all can call him and tell him to learn how to pass block. The adjustor has said, several times, that all Jacardia can do is run the ball and when he's in they can't be "multiple."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 10, 2020, 07:45:48 PM »
Does every school think every single freshman who doesn't play every down is going to transfer or is it just us?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 10, 2020, 07:47:48 PM »
I guess I wasn't paying attention at the time, why did they keep shitting on kli for taking a timeout with 1 second on the play clock?

Because Tim Brando, normally good, was exceptionally rough ridin' dumb today, for the entire game. I especially loved him calling a first down for TCU a must make when there was 11 minutes left in the game. He might have been a little deep in the bourbon.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 10, 2020, 07:49:31 PM »
The timeout thing was so bizarre and they never let it go.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 10, 2020, 07:50:14 PM »
I guess I wasn't paying attention at the time, why did they keep shitting on kli for taking a timeout with 1 second on the play clock?

I think the announcers were just morons, one of them also thought it was a blatant and obvious targeting lol. I think it was a good timeout to use- especially if you are uncomfortable with your backup qb trying to get a snap off inside 3 seconds of playclock.

That's a good call, he snapped it early the previous two plays.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 10, 2020, 07:50:43 PM »
Skywalker might not get his job back, as this ain't an HCBS team.

Are you on mushrooms?

He's a true freshman and this is his first starting game.  He runs in a TD, runs a 40 yard keeper, and throws a 80 yard pass.  WTF do you think he has to do to make you happy.  Oh don't tell me you like Pete just can't wait to say crap about this kid, of course when he was doing good neither one of you posted.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 10, 2020, 07:51:19 PM »
TCU OC Cumbie looks like Kroger brand Matt McConaughey

And Have you seen their previous OC, Meacham? The one that ended up going to KU for a few years and KU creamed themselves cause of the MM look. I think that look is a pre-req for that position.

I think he confused Meacham and Cumbie
Which one got caught crying in a stairwell, alone and questioning life decisions?

That one.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 10, 2020, 07:59:30 PM »

Yes, getting worried he will leave us, which sucks cuz he seems like a very good runner.

Maybe y'all can call him and tell him to learn how to pass block. The adjustor has said, several times, that all Jacardia can do is run the ball and when he's in they can't be "multiple."

Is mess the adjuster?  I haven’t seen that before that is great.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 10, 2020, 08:02:05 PM »

Are you on mushrooms?

He's a true freshman and this is his first starting game.  He runs in a TD, runs a 40 yard keeper, and throws a 80 yard pass.  WTF do you think he has to do to make you happy.  Oh don't tell me you like Pete just can't wait to say crap about this kid, of course when he was doing good neither one of you posted.

I'm glad we got the win, the kid played better than Duggan, and did enough to get the win. He was no where close to having what anyone would ever consider a good game, certainly not good enough to get favorably compared to anything Skylar has done.

Howard was 8 for 19 for 117 yards 0 TD 1 INT. Yes, the receivers were steaming polar bear crap, but that line is a horror show. If you take away his 80 yard run, he had 12 runs for 6 yards.

The team was great, the quarterback wasn't, but I that's not an indictment of his future, he may turn out to be Easton Stick, but he sucked today.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 10, 2020, 08:05:14 PM »

Are you on mushrooms?

I'm glad we got the win, the kid played better than Duggan, and did enough to get the win. He was no where close to having what anyone would ever consider a good game, certainly not good enough to get favorably compared to anything Skylar has done.

Howard was 8 for 19 for 117 yards 0 TD 1 INT. Yes, the receivers were steaming polar bear crap, but that line is a horror show. If you take away his 80 yard run, he had 12 runs for 6 yards.

The team was great, the quarterback wasn't, but I that's not an indictment of his future, he may turn out to be Easton Stick, but he sucked today.
All correct

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 10, 2020, 08:05:57 PM »

Is mess the adjuster?  I haven’t seen that before that is great.

Noooooo bro.
https://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=42254.0

Mess' nickname should be given by dax, he likes giving the long nicknames. It should be something like Courtney "I got bailed out two weeks in a row by my 5'5" running back making a crazy play he had no business making" Messingham.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 10, 2020, 08:20:25 PM »

Are you on mushrooms?

I think the kid has potential of being a very good QB.  From his HS game vids he is more of a pro-style than a dual-threat QB.  I was very happy TCU didn't hurt him and he played well for a true freshman.  That's something HCBS never did was use a true freshman QB.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 10, 2020, 08:32:26 PM »

Are you on mushrooms?

I think the kid has potential of being a very good QB.  From his HS game vids he is more of a pro-style than a dual-threat QB.  I was very happy TCU didn't hurt him and he played well for a true freshman.  That's something HCBS never did was use a true freshman QB.

I don't think any coach prefers to use a true freshman, especially in that situation.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 10, 2020, 08:39:47 PM »
That ball he threaded into Wheeler was so so good, it’s a shame it was ruled incomplete.   
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 10, 2020, 08:41:32 PM »

Because Tim Brando, normally good, was exceptionally rough ridin' dumb today, for the entire game. I especially loved him calling a first down for TCU a must make when there was 11 minutes left in the game. He might have been a little deep in the bourbon.
He described our defense as "stout" before the game started (or maybe right after it started). I was like "umm opportunistic maybe....stout?....he hasn't watched us play much this year".
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 10, 2020, 08:42:37 PM »
That ball he threaded into Wheeler was so so good, it’s a shame it was ruled incomplete.

Total bullshit call imo. There are way too many rough ridin' reviews in general. It’s tedious. Then they can’t even get it right half the time anyway.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 10, 2020, 08:49:13 PM »

Are you on mushrooms?

Most of that seems right, but honestly you need to give credit where credit is due: he did do that 80-yard run, and it can’t be taken away. He made that crap happen. And lots of people’s stat lines include huge plays that balloon their numbers, so imo it’s not really fair to say “take away this big play and this player’s stats would’ve sucked!” Especially when, if you took away that 80-yard run, it could possibly have led to him amassing 80 yards worth of stats some other way.

Did he wow me? No. Did he manage the game well enough to help us gut out a win on the road in his first start against a pretty solid TCU team? Yes. Did he have one of the most LOL plays in football history? Yes.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 10, 2020, 08:52:40 PM »
Just now watching the game and yeah the TCU Unis are barf city
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 10, 2020, 08:54:57 PM »
its kinda unbelievable that we dont have a backup QB better than Howard. The other guys have been there for a while.
true freshman or not howard was terrible. i dont expect ksu to have 4 great QBs but we should have a backup that can at least play on this level.. i honestly can't think of one aspect of the game howard looked serviceable at. If our D plays like today i think we can still count KU as a win and then thats probably the last win for the year.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 10, 2020, 09:00:00 PM »
I want an insider to live blog the hazing will gets for the ghost tackle

Watching Clemson-Miami game and Clemson RB Dixon just got tackled by the turf.  Maybe he seen Howard do it and he wanted to give it a try.  :dunno:

Are you on mushrooms?

Most of that seems right, but honestly you need to give credit where credit is due: he did do that 80-yard run, and it can’t be taken away. He made that crap happen. And lots of people’s stat lines include huge plays that balloon their numbers, so imo it’s not really fair to say “take away this big play and this player’s stats would’ve sucked!” Especially when, if you took away that 80-yard run, it could possibly have led to him amassing 80 yards worth of stats some other way.

Did he wow me? No. Did he manage the game well enough to help us gut out a win on the road in his first start against a pretty solid TCU team? Yes. Did he have one of the most LOL plays in football history? Yes.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 10, 2020, 09:01:42 PM »
its kinda unbelievable that we dont have a backup QB better than Howard. The other guys have been there for a while.
true freshman or not howard was terrible. i dont expect ksu to have 4 great QBs but we should have a backup that can at least play on this level.. i honestly can't think of one aspect of the game howard looked serviceable at.

He was pretty good at running the ball (other than his one extreme LOL), nearly amassing 100 yards on that alone. :ck:

If our D plays like today i think we can still count KU as a win and then thats probably the last win for the year.

calm down there, chief.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 10, 2020, 09:24:43 PM »
true freshman or not howard was terrible. i dont expect ksu to have 4 great QBs but we should have a backup that can at least play on this level.. i honestly can't think of one aspect of the game howard looked serviceable at.

He was pretty good at running the ball (other than his one extreme LOL), nearly amassing 100 yards on that alone. :ck:

If our D plays like today i think we can still count KU as a win and then thats probably the last win for the year.

calm down there, chief.

SB, ignore this duff.  He doesn't remember the Snyder QB's the year Ertz got hurt and he played our scout QB from a small Kansas HS.  Also, he played one of our WR's, who played some QB at Hutch CC, and we ended up playing Arkansas in the Liberty Bowl.   :lol:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 10, 2020, 09:27:01 PM »

calm down there, chief.

SB, ignore this duff.  He doesn't remember the Snyder QB's the year Ertz got hurt and he played our scout QB from a small Kansas HS.  Also, he played one of our WR's, who played some QB at Hutch CC, and we ended up playing Arkansas in the Liberty Bowl.   :lol:

Yeah, the only backup QBs I ever remember doing good in meaningful reps are Adam Helm and Kody Cook.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 10, 2020, 09:35:13 PM »
Cody Cook was weirdly kind of awesome IIRC
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 10, 2020, 09:35:49 PM »
Only compared to bazooka joe