Author Topic: How good is Will Howard???  (Read 110814 times)

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: How good is Will Howard???
« Reply #675 on: September 14, 2021, 12:36:54 AM »
If rubley isn’t ready to play, what was he a 4 star for? Measurables isn’t elite. So he must have some skill, but apparently not. Or he’s just not very smart.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 14, 2021, 05:54:39 AM »
The messfence is hard to learn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 14, 2021, 04:53:53 PM »
What year was it that we played Texas an only had like 4 passing plays the whole game, and we didn't even need them to win? I want to say it was 2009 or 2010. We literally ran on every play and won the game handily.

Anyways, that should be our strategy against Nevada.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 14, 2021, 04:55:01 PM »
What year was it that we played Texas an only had like 4 passing plays the whole game, and we didn't even need them to win? I want to say it was 2009 or 2010. We literally ran on every play and won the game handily.

That was CK's coming out party.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 14, 2021, 05:18:34 PM »

Yup, that was a time when we didn't realize the hell we unleashed on Texas's defense with CK and Daniel Thomas, and it was 2010.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 14, 2021, 07:18:35 PM »

Yup, that was a time when we didn't realize the hell we unleashed on Texas's defense with CK and Daniel Thomas, and it was 2010.

YES! I was at that game and remember that everyone was surprised when he started instead of Coffman (though I don't remember the injury), and then we just ran it down their throat over and over. It was so beautiful. Shouldn't have even bothered with the 4 passing plays.

Kansas State, with Collin Klein starting for the injured Carson Coffman, went on to win 39–14. Entering the fourth quarter Kansas State was leading 39–0. Texas quarterback Garret Gilbert had 272 passing yards, 1 passing touchdown and 93 yards rushing, in addition to 5 interceptions. Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein had 9 passing yards on 4 attempts, 127 rushing yards and 2 rushing touchdowns. Kansas State running back Daniel Thomas had 106 rushing yards and 2 rushing touchdowns. Kansas State defensive backs Ty Zimmerman and Tyson Hartman both had 2 Garret Gilbert interceptions, while Kansas State defensive back Stephen Harrison also had 1 interception. This was the Wildcats' third straight win over the Longhorns.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: September 14, 2021, 07:24:25 PM »
So, I guess the question now becomes, will the coaching staff change their approach to the game now the Skylar is out, and just go all in on the ground game, or will they make him throw the ball, undoubtedly spotting the Wolf Pack 14 points?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 14, 2021, 08:00:07 PM »
Will has only thrown two pick sixes in his entire career, I doubt he throws two in the first two possessions Saturday!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 14, 2021, 10:09:19 PM »
Teams typically rally around a qb in a situation like this. Howard will be and look fine. Last weeks game was crazy weird. Our god damn coach was bawling on the field for crying out loud. Weird situation for anyone to walk into and deuce didn’t exactly help him out with that fumble.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 14, 2021, 10:28:46 PM »
Teams typically rally around a qb in a situation like this. Howard will be and look fine. Last weeks game was crazy weird. Our god damn coach was bawling on the field for crying out loud. Weird situation for anyone to walk into and deuce didn’t exactly help him out with that fumble.

The drive he put together to put us up 21-3 is what he is capable of so I’m optimistic as well.  Outside of getting trucked by an unblocked nose guard and not tucking it I didn’t see anything from him Saturday that caused me to think he can’t win us this next one.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 14, 2021, 10:31:56 PM »
Thank you dr Rick for your sensible point of view
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 15, 2021, 10:21:46 AM »

The drive he put together to put us up 21-3 is what he is capable of so I’m optimistic as well.  Outside of getting trucked by an unblocked nose guard and not tucking it I didn’t see anything from him Saturday that caused me to think he can’t win us this next one.

Lol. Watch the tape. He could have had two more picks. Damn dude was playing sketti' brained out there.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 15, 2021, 12:03:40 PM »
His first drive made me think the offseason hype was real.  The remainder of the game made me realize it's not.  We still won some games with him last year against some flawed teams.  I don't see a reason why we can't win this weekend with him and even have a puncher's chance next weekend.  OU will murder us with Howard.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 15, 2021, 12:05:57 PM »

Agree the team will rally around Howard and he should be fine (fine=mediocre to poor)

And I've heard this repeated, but has this part about Kli crying been confirmed?   I'm sure he was emotional, but was he really full out crying on the field  :dunno:, seems like this might be getting overblown

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 15, 2021, 12:31:15 PM »

Agree the team will rally around Howard and he should be fine (fine=mediocre to poor)

And I've heard this repeated, but has this part about Kli crying been confirmed?   I'm sure he was emotional, but was he really full out crying on the field  :dunno:, seems like this might be getting overblown

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: September 15, 2021, 12:43:19 PM »
@Purple Apathy, is your username meant to be ironic?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 15, 2021, 12:45:40 PM »
No crap, who gaf? Sky has been through a lot and he's been right there with him the whole way. Happy to have a coach who gives a crap.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 15, 2021, 12:52:24 PM »
people judging klieman for this in any sort of negative way are interesting to me.  he clearly cares about his players, and it seems they feel the same way about him.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 15, 2021, 01:12:23 PM »
If Klieman’s emotion there was anything but endearing to you, your brain doesn’t work right.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 15, 2021, 01:20:44 PM »
I’d much rather have a coach like Snyder who watches a players hip get ripped out of socket, screaming on the field and show zero empathy or human emotion.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 15, 2021, 01:59:28 PM »
There is nothing wrong with a coach being empathetic, but the team's response to what happened was not overly positive. I don't know what went on in the locker room during half-time, but the third quarter would leave me to believe there wasn't much leadership being demonstrated and that starts at the top.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 15, 2021, 02:01:59 PM »
I’d much rather have a coach like Snyder who watches a players hip get ripped out of socket, screaming on the field and show zero empathy or human emotion.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 15, 2021, 03:14:18 PM »
There is nothing wrong with a coach being empathetic, but the team's response to what happened was not overly positive. I don't know what went on in the locker room during half-time, but the third quarter would leave me to believe there wasn't much leadership being demonstrated and that starts at the top.

Because you're seemingly a miserable person who either can't experience even being contentment, never mind satisfaction or happiness. No offense.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 15, 2021, 03:17:04 PM »
Maybe im reading this wrong, but the defense started the 3rd quarter with a 3 and out (with a sack).  Then the offense drove the ball 60+ yards that ended up with a 30 yard field goal.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 15, 2021, 03:19:27 PM »
Maybe im reading this wrong, but the defense started the 3rd quarter with a 3 and out (with a sack).  Then the offense drove the ball 60+ yards that ended up with a 30 yard field goal.

yeah PA is wildin