Author Topic: How good is Will Howard???  (Read 113389 times)

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: How good is Will Howard???
« Reply #600 on: September 12, 2021, 10:53:01 AM »
IMO Howard can be a good QB, he just needs to get better at all the skills that good QB’s possess. Not that difficult really.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 12, 2021, 10:59:32 AM »
They need to Dink and dunk with him.  If he throws over 10 yards it’s too far.  Get him confidence and tell him to be more like Alex Smith.  If we have a great defense we need him to be just ok.  Let Deuce do the heavy lifting on offense.

That's the real talk thing that needs to happen

I gave wacky crap on Twitter but his body language in the post game was a fair analysis of his nervousness. Dude acted like he hadn't seen the field.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

IMO it's not just that, like, the dude literally played half a season last year and came in with the yips of a HS freshman. I get Skylar's injury was no contact "holy crap" moment but dude, you've been there, this isn't last year. And even last year he came in with more poise than this. His whole approach to the game was as wide eyed scared shitless as his worst last year.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #602 on: September 12, 2021, 11:01:22 AM »
They need to Dink and dunk with him.  If he throws over 10 yards it’s too far.  Get him confidence and tell him to be more like Alex Smith.  If we have a great defense we need him to be just ok.  Let Deuce do the heavy lifting on offense.

That's the real talk thing that needs to happen

I gave wacky crap on Twitter but his body language in the post game was a fair analysis of his nervousness. Dude acted like he hadn't seen the field.

IMO it's not just that, like, the dude literally played half a season last year and came in with the yips of a HS freshman. I get Skylar's injury was no contact "holy crap" moment but dude, you've been there, this isn't last year. And even last year he came in with more poise than this. His whole approach to the game was as wide eyed scared shitless as his worst last year.
Yep. You just used more words to express my thoughts.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 12, 2021, 11:01:37 AM »
He’s a good runner and has two good receiving threats and an all big 12 caliber running back he should be fine if the coaches can adjust.

Had a nice 20 yard strike to Landry Weber that was well thrown. I think his biggest problem is his position coach.

Problem is he is absolutely terrible at throwing. That is an important skill to have IMO
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 12, 2021, 11:08:48 AM »
Look, we all agree that Will Howard is a nice young man who we wish the very best in life and in going pro in something other than sports, but we also all agree that he sucks ass and balls and taints and rectums at quarterbacking the KSU cats and we want him to never ever do it again. Never ever. amen.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 12, 2021, 11:13:32 AM »
I think I’d rather have huebener back there.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 12, 2021, 12:45:34 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 12, 2021, 12:47:28 PM »
It's extremely hard for me to believe that William Howard is this team's second best option at quarterback
The coaching staff ran John Holcomb out of town.

Where did he end up? Certainly he's piling up TDs for another FBS school, right?

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 12, 2021, 12:50:12 PM »
It's extremely hard for me to believe that William Howard is this team's second best option at quarterback

Where did he end up? Certainly he's piling up TDs for another FBS school, right?

We had another qb on the roster that Snyder recruited for 2019 but I can’t remember his name, I think he ended up at blinn CC.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 12, 2021, 12:50:46 PM »
Rubley wasn't even the back up, Jaren Lewis was/is. I saw Rubley play last year, my guess is that the game is a bit too fast for him right now. But Howard had to play as a true freshman without an off-season. If Rubley isn't better than him now, he never will be.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 12, 2021, 12:51:45 PM »

We had another qb on the roster that Snyder recruited for 2019 but I can’t remember his name, I think he ended up at blinn CC.
https://www.buccaneersports.com/sports/fball/2020-21/bios/herron_chris_w09k?view=gamelog&pos=qb

Offline SteelCat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 12, 2021, 12:52:09 PM »
Holcomb couldn't win the starting job at Florida A&M so left the team. 

Howard will light it up next week.  His ascension starts against Nevada. :ksu:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 12, 2021, 12:57:05 PM »
Doesn't look like Herron's on the active roster, either

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 12, 2021, 01:05:51 PM »

https://www.buccaneersports.com/sports/fball/2020-21/bios/herron_chris_w09k?view=gamelog&pos=qb

Ah that’s right, good find.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 12, 2021, 01:37:18 PM »
Rubley wasn't even the back up, Jaren Lewis was/is. I saw Rubley play last year, my guess is that the game is a bit too fast for him right now. But Howard had to play as a true freshman without an off-season. If Rubley isn't better than him now, he never will be.
come on man

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: September 12, 2021, 03:01:15 PM »
Even tho it wasn't a turnover, it was the pass off the SIU linebacker's chest that broke me. I'm convinced Howard's best look is walking the sidelines with a clipboard.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 12, 2021, 03:05:25 PM »
come on man

Come on what? What are you taking exception to here? Howard has been in the program 5 months longer than Rubley, those five months were Howard playing college football, in those same 5 months Rubley played 5 high school football games. They are both freshman and Rubley isn't going to get 7 games of playing QB to close whatever gap there is now. If Klieman decides Rubley isn't get enough to at least get a chance to start sometime this season and you assume progression is linear for both guys, Rubley won't close the gap.

If Rubley is the more talented player he needs to play right now. If Howard's playbook knowledge and intangibles are strong enough to overcome what we all think is a gap in physical skill, I have no idea when the coaches will ever see enough to make a change if they're going to let Howard turn the ball over 3 times every game.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 12, 2021, 03:06:01 PM »
Even tho it wasn't a turnover, it was the pass off the SIU linebacker's chest that broke me. I'm convinced Howard's best look is walking the sidelines with a clipboard.

Considering the circumstance, that was Howard's worst throw of his career.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 12, 2021, 03:17:48 PM »

Considering the circumstance, that was Howard's worst throw of his career.

omg yes, both of these so true, I was just, aghast at how idiotic of a throw it was.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 12, 2021, 03:29:41 PM »
come on man

Come on what? What are you taking exception to here? Howard has been in the program 5 months longer than Rubley, those five months were Howard playing college football, in those same 5 months Rubley played 5 high school football games. They are both freshman and Rubley isn't going to get 7 games of playing QB to close whatever gap there is now. If Klieman decides Rubley isn't get enough to at least get a chance to start sometime this season and you assume progression is linear for both guys, Rubley won't close the gap.

If Rubley is the more talented player he needs to play right now. If Howard's playbook knowledge and intangibles are strong enough to overcome what we all think is a gap in physical skill, I have no idea when the coaches will ever see enough to make a change if they're going to let Howard turn the ball over 3 times every game.
well, i can’t imagine (other than to support your preposterous take) that one would assume a linear progression path between the two players whom posses such dissimilar skill sets.  for someone who continually preaches objectivity to this board, might be time for you to take some of your own advice.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 12, 2021, 03:32:41 PM »
Just let Jaren chuck it all over the yard.  At least we will get some awesome balls to go with the 3 INT’s per game.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 12, 2021, 04:14:17 PM »
without thinking that much into it, i think it's bad our hotshot 4 star qb isn't getting considered over the WSQBOAT. but coaches are weird about freshman. it's definitely not a huge deal yet, i'd say my hope for rubley dropped like 20%.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 12, 2021, 04:30:17 PM »
Remember how stupid it was for us to not start Josh Freeman those first games?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #623 on: September 12, 2021, 04:45:35 PM »
If Rubley isn't a better option than Howard that means our staff has failed to recruit an FBS level QB.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 12, 2021, 04:48:21 PM »
If Rubley isn't a better option than Howard that means our staff has failed to recruit an FBS level QB.

And 0 prospects for 2022