Author Topic: 9/29 debate thread  (Read 8531 times)

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Re: 9/29 debate thread
« Reply #150 on: October 01, 2020, 12:16:57 PM »
I think she might do well as an incumbent. Agree that she would probably lose as the candidate this year.

I would agree on both of those.

If, obv if, Biden wins, I fully expect it to be a single term presidency and then hand it over to her. I think she does pretty well in that one, assuming that is what happens.

She's not going to sway how the general populace feel about black women, just like Hillary didn't. People aren't going to stop hating women just because Joe Biden either gets sick or dies in office.

For the most part yes, but it's easier to defend when you're already there, than try and reach where you haven't been IMO. I guess what I mean to say, she'll do better in the hypothetical 2024 race being VP than she would just trying to do it w/o any of that legitimacy. She'll get plenty of vitriol, I don't doubt it, but people will also get much more comfortable with the idea of it if she's basically an heir apparent. Obviously president is the ultimate glass ceiling, but the penultimate one hasn't been broken yet being VP.

I also think Hillary being a woman wasn't as big of reason as to why she lost but that's more my opinion.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 01, 2020, 12:30:05 PM »
I think she will beat Ivanka.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 01, 2020, 12:42:13 PM »
I think she will beat Ivanka.
lmao she’d boat race Ivanka. Ben Sasse tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 01, 2020, 12:50:06 PM »
Ben Sasse will never make it out of a primary.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 01, 2020, 01:07:21 PM »
WE WILL PIVOT TO CIVILITY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 01, 2020, 01:14:08 PM »
Nope. Once you go Q, there is no coming back.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 01, 2020, 01:51:48 PM »
People who generally hate Liz and Hilldawg love Tulsi.

People loved Liz until she became a serious threat to win the nomination.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 01, 2020, 01:53:39 PM »
I think she might do well as an incumbent. Agree that she would probably lose as the candidate this year.

If, obv if, Biden wins, I fully expect it to be a single term presidency and then hand it over to her. I think she does pretty well in that one, assuming that is what happens.

She's not going to sway how the general populace feel about black women, just like Hillary didn't. People aren't going to stop hating women just because Joe Biden either gets sick or dies in office.

For the most part yes, but it's easier to defend when you're already there, than try and reach where you haven't been IMO. I guess what I mean to say, she'll do better in the hypothetical 2024 race being VP than she would just trying to do it w/o any of that legitimacy. She'll get plenty of vitriol, I don't doubt it, but people will also get much more comfortable with the idea of it if she's basically an heir apparent. Obviously president is the ultimate glass ceiling, but the penultimate one hasn't been broken yet being VP.

I also think Hillary being a woman wasn't as big of reason as to why she lost but that's more my opinion.

Hillary and Biden are politically nearly identical. Do you think Hillary would beat trump today? I'm saying this as someone who didn't even vote for her.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 01, 2020, 01:59:49 PM »
The people who like Tulsi would immediately hate her if she were going to be the nominee.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 01, 2020, 03:11:08 PM »

Hillary and Biden are politically nearly identical. Do you think Hillary would beat trump today? I'm saying this as someone who didn't even vote for her.

Honestly, I think it would be even closer, she pissed away her chances in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania. She only lost those by like 80k votes combined, and she owned the popular vote. That is literally the difference in that election. They also acted very arrogant towards the end, and I'm sure enough people stayed home to probably keep that election from going that way, but those the breaks.

Hillary comes with the Benghazi baggage (real or imaginary) w/ "her emails!" and being saddled with the whole Bill "pedo" thing. As well as being the insider on an election craving an outsider. Her short comings come way more from things outside her possession of a vagina. All it does IMO is aggravate it, it's a handicap, not the handicap.

This election is much more "do you want more of this circus or do you want some semblance of normalcy" for some and "I just love pissing off the libs" on the other. There is nothing really that matters about the positions of the two candidates IMO at this point, so who cares about how left or right that is.

It's hard to play the what if on this anyways, she'd lose in a rematch because what is done is done, but the history of that election shows if she played it differently she'd won. I guess what I mean to say if you flipped the two candidates, and had Biden in 2016 v Trump, and Hillary v Trump 2020, I think trump could have still won in 2016 simply because the country was willing to roll the dice on an outsider and Hillary would have a better chance at winning in this one because holy hell this didn't go well. Circumstances and her poor closing game in the last month, plus probably even Comey, did her in, more than her sex did her in.

A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 01, 2020, 03:35:32 PM »
h clinton was the target of negative republican narratives for a couple decades before she ran.  that stuff works.

for whatever reason, republicans never turned their opinion-forming power against biden before he ran.  they'll have four (or eight) years to demonize harris, which is a lot less than clinton, but a lot more than nothing.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 01, 2020, 03:41:34 PM »
for whatever reason, republicans never turned their opinion-forming power against biden before he ran.

Burisma, China, other stuff dax regurgitates. It didn't stick.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 01, 2020, 03:44:00 PM »
for whatever reason, republicans never turned their opinion-forming power against biden before he ran.

too late by the time he's a candidate.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 01, 2020, 04:12:50 PM »
I mean they still pretty much go after Hilldawg harder than they go after Sleepy JOe

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 13, 2022, 01:42:00 PM »
I'm gonna type five words that I never ever thought I'd type in a sentence unironically.

I agree with Ronna McDaniel
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1481682492583198729

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 13, 2022, 01:50:10 PM »
Add realistic criteria for getting a third party up there and I’m on board.