Author Topic: KSU should no longer play football (2020)  (Read 15885 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: KSU should no longer play football (2020)
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2020, 03:44:52 PM »
peggy po: beers in the stadium.. the boys were buzzin

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2020, 07:59:05 PM »
I too prefer being good.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2020, 08:41:18 AM »
Our safeties are either atroctious or very poorly coached.  I'm worried its very much both.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2020, 09:34:47 AM »
Our safeties are either atroctious or very poorly coached.  I'm worried its very much both.

I think we’ve been decimated by injuries and dudes opting out. The guys we have left are Hrebec (no disrespect) level.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2020, 10:30:47 AM »
OU is gonna enjoy every bite of this game in a few weeks for "revenge" The cats aren't ready for Big 12 play at all and it showed.
MakeitRain was also very right with the covid tests. I just hope we are able to field an entire team without any complications. I don't think we will be in great shape this season and just be thankful we can even watch the cats lose.  :ksu:
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2020, 01:22:26 PM »
the thing that sticks with me the most was how badly we would have gotten slaughtered if not for their dumb mistakes. i mean, you take away the blocked punt, the fumble when its like 2nd and goal, and most crucially when it was 2nd and california and sky throws it away so its going to be 3rd and 33 but the ASU guy is like "lmao this is boring" and decides to get a roughing the passer. I mean seriously we should have lost by 3 scores. if you look at all the other stats besides the score, you would have thought we lost by 3 scores.

We also had like 2 sure TDs dropped, and if Sky had been accurate on a few others maybe a few more. The place we got outplayed was on the line, which is obv important, but we weren't crushed, or were going to be crushed by 3 scores. You could tell this once we got plays in the open. They had dumb mistakes, but we had plenty too. 
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2020, 01:51:43 PM »
Agree w/ @cfbandyman
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2020, 02:20:46 PM »
the thing that sticks with me the most was how badly we would have gotten slaughtered if not for their dumb mistakes. i mean, you take away the blocked punt, the fumble when its like 2nd and goal, and most crucially when it was 2nd and california and sky throws it away so its going to be 3rd and 33 but the ASU guy is like "lmao this is boring" and decides to get a roughing the passer. I mean seriously we should have lost by 3 scores. if you look at all the other stats besides the score, you would have thought we lost by 3 scores.

We also had like 2 sure TDs dropped, and if Sky had been accurate on a few others maybe a few more. The place we got outplayed was on the line, which is obv important, but we weren't crushed, or were going to be crushed by 3 scores. You could tell this once we got plays in the open. They had dumb mistakes, but we had plenty too.

i hope you're right. but this did not feel like UMass or EKU or LA Tech games of yore where snyder refused to open the playbook and then finally at the end they did just enough to get the W. We looked overmatched across the board, with the exception of the deep ball where we just dropped a few but big12 defenses will shut that down in a hurry. I want to be wrong but this feels like a 4 win season with a lot of games not being even remotely competitive. and i'm not trying to catzacker it up or anything i mean we just really looked that un-good.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2020, 02:40:37 PM »
It's also been a very strange offseason. We had less preparation and less conditioning than normal. We also are going to struggle with depth all season due to players testing positive for COVID. I think we can expect to get destroyed by teams with more depth, like OU and Texas, and expect weird things, both positive and negative, against everyone else all year long.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2020, 03:41:52 PM »

i hope you're right. but this did not feel like UMass or EKU or LA Tech games of yore where snyder refused to open the playbook and then finally at the end they did just enough to get the W. We looked overmatched across the board, with the exception of the deep ball where we just dropped a few but big12 defenses will shut that down in a hurry. I want to be wrong but this feels like a 4 win season with a lot of games not being even remotely competitive. and i'm not trying to catzacker it up or anything i mean we just really looked that un-good.

Eh, we were up 21-7 and looked fine, it was more like to me we got too cute and really didn't play our hand well (o line being meh as previously discussed). I didn't think we look overmatched, it looked more like 2011 k-state where instead of us being us, we were the other team we eeked the win out against. They exploited our weaknesses, and we just acted like we could bully them and it didn't work.

I also said it a bit earlier ITT but our offensive plan was pretty trash, Messingham (I get it's exciting and it could work) has us throw the ball vertically way too much, especially early, and early in a game with a super green o-line, is a bad recipe for when it doesn't work. We needed a better plan to get the offense into a groove with some easy plays, and then go big. Probably too much my opinion but the results in this game seem to speak for themselves, we got out of sync and stayed there until we finally went to the edges and did more sweeps and bubble screens and quick slants.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2020, 03:48:37 PM »
Our defense was poop.  They had a chance to win the game and couldn't do it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2020, 04:13:03 PM »
I’m pretty sure I could catch a pass if it was a spiral and not thrown super hard and only AJ Parker covering me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2020, 04:22:10 PM »
I’m pretty sure I could catch a pass if it was a spiral and not thrown super hard and only AJ Parker covering me.

Only because you can practice it against one of your children.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2020, 07:27:47 PM »
Not that AJ is some kind of world beater but he’s clearly better than Robinson and Thomas. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2020, 07:48:30 PM »
Yeah, I picked him because he was the best one

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2020, 09:45:29 PM »
Ou is going to put an all timer ass beating on us

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2020, 10:44:33 PM »
Ou is going to put an all timer ass beating on us

How many points will you give me?

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2020, 11:16:29 AM »
What's the line?  -21?

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2020, 03:08:27 PM »
https://twitter.com/GeorgeStoia/status/1305955907034124289

They had COVID and we couldn't beat them.  :blindfold:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2020, 03:11:03 PM »
we had covid too. everyone in CFB has covid

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2020, 03:13:34 PM »
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2020, 03:43:18 PM »
OFFENSE
Being without Duffie hurt us -- Beebe was totally inept out there.  Hopefully when Duffie returns that can get shored up a little bit.  Although he's listed as a tackle on the depth chart, Beebe strikes me as more of a natural guard -- 6'3 326 is not the ideal height/weight dimension there.  FWIW, I thought Leveston did a bad job on the left side too, so chin-up Beebe.  Logan Long must be pretty terrible.  Between Beebe/Leveston and our 3rd string Center, the performance on saturday pretty much makes sense.

Harry Trotter?  More like Charles Jones, imo.  God bless him, but there's no way he should ever be getting 16 touches in a game.  Deuce is my favorite offensive player on our team and is going to have a bonkers career, IMO!  Everything I hoped Warmack could be.

Skylar Thompson still looks like a sophomore.  I like CK as a human and football player and recruiter, but i think he's done a remarkably bad job of developing Skylar Thompson.

DEFENSE
Our poor, depleted safeties.  Ryan Hennington will spend very little time in purgatory because of the undeserved abuse he got on Saturday, so he has that going for him. Hubert needs to stop doing everything he possibly can to get a sack on every single play, because sometimes, Wyatt, offenses will decide to hand the ball off.  Parker needs to stop reading his own press clippings in the Manhattan Mercury!  He's a pretty good CB, but if he wants that 1st team all conference stuff, he better play better. 

Our DTs got some fun pass rushing oppys -- probably due to a bad interior line.  Front 7 was astoundingly bad against the run.

All in all, a horrible performance, though understandable under the circumstances.  This year will likely suck.  I'm encouraged by the OL help we have coming down the pike -- but that fruit probably won't bear until '22 or so.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2020, 03:52:39 PM »
Agreed on Beebe. He looked very chonky and inept out there. Didn't realize he is a RS Freshman tho. Can get better!
I was grumbling the whole game about Trotter, but kept telling myself "it's the line, not him". But he is what he is and it shouldn't be a big 12 starter, imo. He did have a few good runs towards the end of the 4th.
Deuce has "it". This cut made something move.

https://twitter.com/WIBWMitchel/status/1304858769919299584

- chunkles

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2020, 03:53:42 PM »
Lynch Mob not back?