Author Topic: competitive little kid sports  (Read 41841 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: competitive little kid sports
« Reply #1102 on: May 09, 2024, 10:47:28 PM »
 :lol:

Roster was perfect too
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: May 09, 2024, 10:48:17 PM »
We have two Grayson’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: May 13, 2024, 08:46:35 AM »
We have two Grayson’s

We played a team with two kids named River.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: May 16, 2024, 07:38:27 PM »
A great GC thing is the grandparents and other family members that “go live” as soon as our GC game feed ends. I have tons of 15 second videos that are basically this from our game a couple games ago.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: May 17, 2024, 04:23:17 PM »
A great GC thing is the grandparents and other family members that “go live” as soon as our GC game feed ends. I have tons of 15 second videos that are basically this from our game a couple games ago.

haha, yes. Go live is a very dangerous button. We have this happen too. Its a real hoot. "River's old ass grandma is now live streaming". ha

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: May 24, 2024, 10:26:26 AM »
Had games, Monday, Wed, Thursday (1st place Trophy secured)...Have game Today, 2 Saturday and maybe on Monday.....Fun but......... :sdeek:

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: May 24, 2024, 11:24:27 AM »
We have a tourney each of the next three weekends. Thankfully the bookends are Omaha tourneys.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: May 24, 2024, 04:09:23 PM »
do you guys have kona ice trucks at your ball fields?  best part of the whole shooting match

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: May 24, 2024, 06:19:03 PM »
Sometimes!

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: May 24, 2024, 08:12:32 PM »
well if you ever want instant hero status, hire a truck for your kid’s birthday party.  last week i bought myself so much street cred with every fourth grade boy at the school.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: May 24, 2024, 09:22:44 PM »
Hell yeah brother!

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: May 25, 2024, 08:00:10 PM »
That would buy street cred on my 43rd birthday
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
competitive little kid sports
« Reply #1114 on: May 25, 2024, 09:29:19 PM »
Horrible pool play today. Tied the best team in it and then lost to a team we beat 9 out of 10 times. Baseball I guess. Consolation bracket isn’t going to know what hit it at 8AM TOMORROW LMAO THUMBS DOWN.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: May 25, 2024, 10:05:43 PM »
Saw a 14u kid hit a 350 foot dinger today using a green goblin corked with racquet balls today.

Our 15u (w/ 4 14-years olds) hung tough with a legit AAA (is that what they call it in 16u???) but lost 4-0. They made every play. They’re call the KS Curve and their uniforms were awesome and looked just like Clemson. Then that team proceeded to pants some poor saps from Bartlesville to the tune of 15-0. They scored 8 runs and had the bases loaded before the other team recorded the first out of the game. Was 11-0 after one.

Then we played the Bartlesville and also beat them 13-0 after 3.5.

Imagine driving all that way to get clobbered 0-28 in two games then stay in a hotel and wake up to play tomorrow morning at 8:30. Awesome!

They had a lady assistant coach that was almost unbearable (imo to her own team). At one point when we were up 8-0 their left fielder was playing about 10 feet from the line. I’ve never seen a gap that big in all my life and no one even noticed. After a couple of batters I was like “you guys might want to shift left field a tad.”

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: May 25, 2024, 10:36:58 PM »
Saw a 14u kid hit a 350 foot dinger today using a green goblin corked with racquet balls today.

Our 15u (w/ 4 14-years olds) hung tough with a legit AAA (is that what they call it in 16u???) but lost 4-0. They made every play. They’re call the KS Curve and their uniforms were awesome and looked just like Clemson. Then that team proceeded to pants some poor saps from Bartlesville to the tune of 15-0. They scored 8 runs and had the bases loaded before the other team recorded the first out of the game. Was 11-0 after one.

Then we played the Bartlesville and also beat them 13-0 after 3.5.

Imagine driving all that way to get clobbered 0-28 in two games then stay in a hotel and wake up to play tomorrow morning at 8:30. Awesome!

They had a lady assistant coach that was almost unbearable (imo to her own team). At one point when we were up 8-0 their left fielder was playing about 10 feet from the line. I’ve never seen a gap that big in all my life and no one even noticed. After a couple of batters I was like “you guys might want to shift left field a tad.”

yeah, youth baseball is nuts. I told the 1B today that he probably didn't want to be holding our runner on 1B while we had the bases loaded and he looked at me like I was rough ridin' with him. just trying to help here (for some reason) bro. looked to the dugout but they were a "paid" staff and weren't interested in me talking to their kid. ok boys.make that check.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: May 26, 2024, 05:40:35 AM »
an absolute hilarious thing for 11u baseball (and any youth ball) is the time management. both games yesterday got salty about time. we clawed back and tied the best team in the tourney in the 5th and were visitor. we got two outs and our HC made a "mound visit" for like 5 minutes because we were almost to time. other staff losing their crap, their fans losing their crap, everyone yelling. we got the 3rd out and it was just right at time and their HC comes out unglued and the boys had to hold up in the hand shake line for like 5 minutes while the blue gets barked at by their coach. second game was the opposite. we were trailing 1 and didn't even have our pitcher throw a warmup. just "COMING DOWN" first pitch. then our HC yelled "NEED A BATTER" at the other team while they obviously intentionally waited as long as they could to get one up. just hilarious how this stuff plays out at this age.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: May 26, 2024, 03:48:51 PM »
Horrible pool play today. Tied the best team in it and then lost to a team we beat 9 out of 10 times. Baseball I guess. Consolation bracket isn’t going to know what hit it at 8AM TOMORROW LMAO THUMBS DOWN.

Absolutely dominated some chumps in the consolation(LOSER!!!!) bracket today. Felt good to take out frustrations on these poor little kids who we made cry to their mamas. JK it was very civil (not kidding about kicking the living crap out of them).

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: May 26, 2024, 09:52:43 PM »
I umpired through the KSHSAA season and am on a new (to me) assigning group for games here in KC. Yesterday I had to do 2 10u games which I hadn't worked teams that young in a long time but whatever, it paid the same so no big deal.

So one team is just getting raked, I mean absolutely murdered. It was probably 18-0 after the first. In the second inning some kid didn't back up a ball hit to the outfield so the coach pulled him Norman Dale style and played the rest of the inning with 8 players on the field. Never seen that before and I feel bad for those kids.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: May 26, 2024, 09:55:01 PM »
Anyone got any umpire questions? And no, I won't be answering "why are the umpires at ______ so shitty" or "the umpire at my kid's game had a real attitude problem. What's his deal?"

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: May 26, 2024, 09:58:00 PM »
Today I was working a 14u field, 3 games, but these were very high level teams. Saw a kid mash a homer about 380 feet.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: May 27, 2024, 06:50:28 AM »
I umpired through the KSHSAA season and am on a new (to me) assigning group for games here in KC. Yesterday I had to do 2 10u games which I hadn't worked teams that young in a long time but whatever, it paid the same so no big deal.

So one team is just getting raked, I mean absolutely murdered. It was probably 18-0 after the first. In the second inning some kid didn't back up a ball hit to the outfield so the coach pulled him Norman Dale style and played the rest of the inning with 8 players on the field. Never seen that before and I feel bad for those kids.
Horrible

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: May 27, 2024, 10:45:39 AM »
Anyone got any umpire questions? And no, I won't be answering "why are the umpires at ______ so shitty" or "the umpire at my kid's game had a real attitude problem. What's his deal?"

Got any good umpire job progression tips? I think it would be perfect for my 15 year old but he doesn't want to start in the rec leagues and wants to go straight to doing competitive games. Hes got a connection to basically do it all summer at 3&2 if he wants to but I think he's going to get his ass handed to him if he goes straight to that and will quit and never go back.

When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: May 28, 2024, 09:12:50 AM »
Played Mon, Wed, Thursday and then Friday night, 8 and 10am on Sat and 11 on Sunday. Won the weekday tourney and just couldn't hit much in the weekend tournament. The best part was that since we didn't hit that good we didn't make the bracket play on Memorial Day and i'm pretty god damn sure not one kid or parent gave 2 shits about that since we had played like 8 days in a row!!!