Author Topic: competitive little kid sports  (Read 33746 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: competitive little kid sports
« Reply #450 on: July 02, 2022, 08:58:12 PM »
goddamn that is hot

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 03, 2022, 08:18:49 AM »
Little dude(s) will be pumped to strut out with that pimp suit. Do any of the kids wear knee savers?

yeah, I'd say about half of the catchers wear them

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 21, 2022, 10:57:43 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to retire the ol’ Posey 28. Nicname JR decided to stick with the one-piece alloy Cat8, which is the same bat as the Posey, just a different paint job.

Moved up from 31/21 to 31/26. He’s 5’8” now, but a stick at ~115. Looks like a baby giraffe half the time.

They’re super-cheap now and he was excited for the limited edition gold and black version (a proud Newtonian).

Lots of hits and great memories w/ the Posey.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 23, 2022, 07:35:16 PM »
Check out this hot POA

Update

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 23, 2022, 07:56:51 PM »
Looks like someone may in the market for a Cat X.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 24, 2022, 11:07:25 AM »
So, another one of my daughters cheer teammates suffered a terrible accident while cheering.  She was dropped during a stunt and has been in the ICU since Monday evening.  She has not gained consciousness yet. 

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 24, 2022, 11:15:43 AM »
any of your kids ever gone through a draft for little league? friend of mine says in his city for 7U boys (southeast state) they get all these kids together, let them field like 3 ground balls then take 3 swings, then run the bases. then all the coaches of each team pick their teams draft-style. had no idea this was a thing.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 24, 2022, 11:21:02 AM »
any of your kids ever gone through a draft for little league? friend of mine says in his city for 7U boys (southeast state) they get all these kids together, let them field like 3 ground balls then take 3 swings, then run the bases. then all the coaches of each team pick their teams draft-style. had no idea this was a thing.

I’ve heard of youth basketball leagues doing this. They run into problems with “sandbagging” from time to time.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 24, 2022, 12:02:57 PM »
Yeah, my team growing up did. Meade would have 3’ish relatively evenly matched teams and Plains/Kismet would have two teams with one being great and the other being terrible and it would enrage everyone. Fowler of course would have only one terrible team. This is a thorough history of Meade County little league.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 24, 2022, 12:03:46 PM »
So, another one of my daughters cheer teammates suffered a terrible accident while cheering.  She was dropped during a stunt and has been in the ICU since Monday evening.  She has not gained consciousness yet.
Awful. My 6 yo is in tumbling at some big cheer place here in Omaha and it terrifies me that she may want to pursue this stuff.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 24, 2022, 12:08:39 PM »
Awful. My 6 yo is in tumbling at some big cheer place here in Omaha and it terrifies me that she may want to pursue this stuff.

Yeah, this girl is on one of the best competitive cheer teams in the world and she's a flyer.  They throw those girls really high up in the air.  She's just 15 years old.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 25, 2022, 12:11:42 PM »

6 and 7 are in competitive at Cheer Pit and they seem to be pretty safe but my middle for sure will be a flyer and that is scary. 

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 25, 2022, 03:01:17 PM »
Thumbs down for planned obsolescence in football cleats. When shopping for my 7th grader I noticed shoe companies no longer make the old screw-in cleats for football shoes. Burns my ass tbh.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 25, 2022, 03:43:28 PM »
Can you explain how that is planned obsolescence? Isn’t that just a function of molded cleats being more practical to produce?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 25, 2022, 03:46:43 PM »
Also kids feet grow incredibly fast and football shoes get absolutely trashed in a season in my experience.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: August 25, 2022, 03:47:03 PM »
You know what’s almost as fun as little kid sports? When your kids are older and don’t really play sports anymore and you have like countless hours of time to do stuff or just not do stuff

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 25, 2022, 03:48:45 PM »
I had removable cleats and I’d change them a couple times a season. Mostly probably due to having to walk over the parking lot and back to the practice field imo.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 25, 2022, 03:49:52 PM »
You know what’s almost as fun as little kid sports? When your kids are older and don’t really play sports anymore and you have like countless hours of time to do stuff or just not do stuff

Even when they play you just show up to games. Practice is over before dinner. School sports is awesome. Much more fun imo.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 25, 2022, 03:54:23 PM »
Can you explain how that is planned obsolescence? Isn’t that just a function of molded cleats being more practical to produce?

I wore the same pair of shoes for three seasons in high school. My feet were done growing after my sophomore year. Our school had big bags of replaceable cleats. You could also buy them for real cheap.

The shoes held up well and you just replaced the cleats as they wore down. When modern cleats wear down you have to replace with another $100+ shoe.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 25, 2022, 03:58:01 PM »
I had removable cleats and I’d change them a couple times a season. Mostly probably due to having to walk over the parking lot and back to the practice field imo.

Yeah, it’s more of a high school thing.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 25, 2022, 03:59:39 PM »

I wore the same pair of shoes for three seasons in high school. My feet were done growing after my sophomore year. Our school had big bags of replaceable cleats. You could also buy them for real cheap.

The shoes held up well and you just replaced the cleats as they wore down. When modern cleats wear down you have to replace with another $100+ shoe.

The main body of your shoe held up for three years playing football?  Those bad boys must be GOAT’d.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 25, 2022, 05:14:21 PM »
Yes. They were solid AF. I think they were this version, but mostly blacked out.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 25, 2022, 09:11:21 PM »

I assistant coach (MAIN ASSISTANT NOT DAD ASSISTANT!) lil sd's travel baseball team as I've mentioned on here some. every single person I talk to tells me I'll miss it more than anything and I'll look back on it as the best days I ever had with my kids. but I'm also counting down the days because, folks, second full time job. right now we go 6 nights a week with football and baseball. we have friday's off thank god. and it's a grind. and I'm in peak "kind of important at irl work" years and it probably hurts that part of my life a bit. but I straight up told the person I report to that I'd quit today if they told me it was either asst coach my kids baseball team or my job (first world problems I realize). he was like "yeah obviously, work is pointless in the grand scheme of things" so my employer rules clearly. but man, it would be nice to talk to my wife at some point about something other than kid/work schedules. lil sd is mostly football/baseball but also plays basketball non-competively. lil girl sd is 6 and does swimming, gymnastics/cheer?, softball, soccer, volleyball. wtf with all this nonsense. but we have no idea what she will like so we just do all of it. I think I've made this same post once a year since we started doing kids sports but here's a 2022 update I guess. go cats.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 25, 2022, 10:02:27 PM »
SD you're doing a great job.

I think whatever is going on- a parent is going to look back and miss that time when their kids were young, and you should do whatever it takes to be as involved in your kids' lives as possible. 6 days a week with little kid practices? barf. its your kid? heaven.

Do what it takes to get special time when they're young. The drive to and from practice, the work for the piano recital, the working on the science project- don't take it for granted. Soak it up. Soak it the f up.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 26, 2022, 07:14:53 AM »