Author Topic: competitive little kid sports  (Read 33743 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: competitive little kid sports
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2020, 05:18:43 PM »
What was baseball guy dad saying
Yelling at our junior ump (18’ish yo girl) about calls, yelling “why this if last inning that!?”, pushing the boundaries of 6/7 yo baseball rules. I’m definitely a “have fun” dad which probably doesn’t bode well for my son’s competitive future though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Find out what actual league/organizations there are. Little League, Pony Baseball all those kind. Might be more fun.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2020, 09:18:07 PM »
We lost in the semi final today for spring ball(delayed season obv). Had a “baseball dad” coach on the other team. Main ump had to come in from the complex and make him stfu. Lotta that in my future I assume. Not my scene at all. May kick his entire ass when not in front of kids and families and grandparents though.

post pictures of guys like this and lets see what interesting patterns develop, you will encounter plenty
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2020, 09:21:44 PM »
We lost in the semi final today for spring ball(delayed season obv). Had a “baseball dad” coach on the other team. Main ump had to come in from the complex and make him stfu. Lotta that in my future I assume. Not my scene at all. May kick his entire ass when not in front of kids and families and grandparents though.

post pictures of guys like this and lets see what interesting patterns develop, you will encounter plenty

wish I would have gotten one. will next time. :thumbs:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2020, 09:25:04 PM »
That thing is a monster

Yes, it’s a little too long 31 inches, but it’s only -10 and he will grow into the length. I thought it prob most practical to get like a 30/22 or 29/21, but who care about transitioning to -5 in 2 years anyway? I want him to have as much fun hitting now as possible.

His previous bat was the crappy USA Baseball certified, which are specifically designed to mimick Wood bats (smaller sweet spot, less pop, less forgiving). All the other kids on his team had regular usssa bats and were ripping liners off the end and knob all the time. I had no idea when I bought it.

Usssa bats average about 3.5% more exit velocity and 15-20 feet more distance on contact.

also congrats on exactly cloning yourself.

bet he hits bombs with it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2020, 01:44:04 PM »

Holy crap, spitting image

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2020, 09:38:07 PM »
That thing is a monster

Yes, it’s a little too long 31 inches, but it’s only -10 and he will grow into the length. I thought it prob most practical to get like a 30/22 or 29/21, but who care about transitioning to -5 in 2 years anyway? I want him to have as much fun hitting now as possible.

His previous bat was the crappy USA Baseball certified, which are specifically designed to mimick Wood bats (smaller sweet spot, less pop, less forgiving). All the other kids on his team had regular usssa bats and were ripping liners off the end and knob all the time. I had no idea when I bought it.

Usssa bats average about 3.5% more exit velocity and 15-20 feet more distance on contact.

I have a barely used cat7 30inch drop 8 sitting in my garage that I paid $150 for ten months ago and would give to you for free if you come by my house in mhk to pick it up sometime. Also a very sexy barely used Rawlings Quattro 29inch drop 11.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 09:43:41 PM by Dr Rick Daris »

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 30, 2020, 11:38:48 PM »
That thing is a monster

I have a barely used cat7 30inch drop 8 sitting in my garage that I paid $150 for ten months ago and would give to you for free if you come by my house in mhk to pick it up sometime. Also a very sexy barely used Rawlings Quattro 29inch drop 11.

For real, I’d make that trip. PM me your address.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2020, 11:40:57 PM »
@MakeItRain
@stevedave

:lol: :lol:
I must have the strongest recessive genes ever.  :dunno:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2020, 11:57:23 PM »
Also, hilarious thing at nicname jr’s (Max) first fall ball game today.

We were the home team today, and heading into the bottom of the first and I look down and like every kid on the team is outside of the dugout with their own bat “timing” the pitcher on his warmup pitches. I was like wtf is this? I’ve been to a million games and never seen anything like it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 31, 2020, 09:06:27 AM »
That thing is a monster

If anyone else has gear like this available please let me know!

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 31, 2020, 10:04:42 AM »

We were the home team today, and heading into the bottom of the first and I look down and like every kid on the team is outside of the dugout with their own bat “timing” the pitcher on his warmup pitches. I was like wtf is this? I’ve been to a million games and never seen anything like it.
serious clark?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 31, 2020, 10:30:44 AM »
daughter just got bumped up a swim level and now the coaches are having them do "dryland" workouts in addition to an extra half hour of swimming. (and of course paying for dryland is extra). also the head coach is a goddam squawk (how the eff did that happen). smdh

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 31, 2020, 11:30:52 AM »

serious clark?

Yes, Mrs nicname and I were very confused. I think it’s supposed to be a team unity/intimidation thing, but just seemed very dorky to me.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 31, 2020, 04:17:47 PM »
I've got a Louisville 125 fungo bat if any of you dad coaches need one.

JK...  I carry this thing around like Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men.  It helps me think

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 31, 2020, 04:56:07 PM »
Hitting fungos, especially flies, is a delicate art. Fun to practice tho. Got myself a Mizuno elite a few months back.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 05:40:35 PM by nicname »

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 31, 2020, 05:12:06 PM »
Hitting fungos, especially flies, is a delicate art. Fine to practice tho. Got myself a Mizuno elite a few months back.
Our other assistant was a magician... he coached hs jv for 20 years.  He could hit a ball straight up in the air at home plate for catchers at will.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 01, 2020, 12:02:48 AM »
That fungo is hot, tom

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 01, 2020, 11:47:51 AM »
That fungo is hot, tom
Yeah it is. I always got the shorter fungo and was pinpoint accurate with it
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2020, 06:51:25 PM »
Check out this hot POA

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2020, 06:52:25 PM »
I can personally confirm it can put whiffle balls in the creek

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2020, 07:05:14 PM »
I’ve only heard about the cat 9 never seen one in person. Drop 10 = crushed balls
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 22, 2020, 10:17:48 PM »
Check out this hot POA

Oh good god damn, the Cat 9!  That wood looking bat nicname jr has is just a fancy painted Cat8. Isn’t that thing like $350?? Maybe not for the lil kid version.

Literally no bat sounds cooler than a Cat.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/GQtwr-80KdA[/youtube]

« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 10:52:50 PM by nicname »

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2020, 10:23:51 PM »
Btw, the baseball bat bro’s YouTube channel is great and super addictive

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2020, 10:38:32 PM »
Btw, the baseball bat bro’s YouTube channel is great and super addictive
Yes, lil sd will watch this 24/7/365. Also this is the best job.

the kid one doesn't cost $350. iirc I got it for like $225. Still expensive but I'm coaching the team again next year and all the kids can swing it (assuming virus free in spring).

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 23, 2020, 04:12:17 PM »
just saw this today!