Author Topic: Athletes Forcing Change  (Read 94680 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Athletes Forcing Change
« Reply #625 on: July 22, 2020, 10:46:45 PM »
i agree 100%. so who gets to be the standard bearer? Is there a standard or is the only requirement that someone says they feel threatened? Beyond that, how do you prove an emotion in a court of law?

You don't have to prove emotion, that's a fool's errand, and frankly an impossible standard that we don't apply to other laws regarding language, intent is the standard.

You don't have to actually be scared if someone tells you they are going to shoot you in the head. You're not exempt from punishment if you scream fire in a crowded movie theatre and everyone isn't scared. Perjury is still perjury even if you profess that you're telling a joke.

I've showed you all in this thread that other countries, even whiter than this one, have laws against hate speech on the books, and it's enforced. People aren't walking around on pins and needles wondering if they're going to get arrested for dressing up like 1980's Michael Jackson. I'm really wondering what the hesitation is. Is it that difficult to legislate even the slightest bit of decency in America?

So what's your stance on the Nation of Islam and their doctrine?

The fact that you feel the need to ask me this question, I'm guessing this is some kind of gotcha, shows that this conversation isn't suitable for you. Maybe listen more. If it wasn't so basic, essentially asking me about anti-Semitism, I'd be offended.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 22, 2020, 10:48:09 PM »
People aren't walking around on pins and needles wondering if they're going to get arrested for dressing up like 1980's Michael Jackson.

speaking as someone who had an actual 1980's michael jackson beat it jacket, in the 1980's, i should have been arrested because i was a smooth rough ridin' criminal

:dance:

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 22, 2020, 10:49:16 PM »
I was born in the '80's but lol

:cyclist:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 22, 2020, 10:49:25 PM »
Was the butt spin an actual break dancing move or just, like, kind of a joke people made?

When done well, yeah. You never saw the breakin' movies?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 22, 2020, 11:10:56 PM »
Was the butt spin an actual break dancing move or just, like, kind of a joke people made?

When done well, yeah. You never saw the breakin' movies?

It's been a LONG time.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: July 23, 2020, 06:53:11 AM »
i agree 100%. so who gets to be the standard bearer? Is there a standard or is the only requirement that someone says they feel threatened? Beyond that, how do you prove an emotion in a court of law?

You don't have to prove emotion, that's a fool's errand, and frankly an impossible standard that we don't apply to other laws regarding language, intent is the standard.

You don't have to actually be scared if someone tells you they are going to shoot you in the head. You're not exempt from punishment if you scream fire in a crowded movie theatre and everyone isn't scared. Perjury is still perjury even if you profess that you're telling a joke.

I've showed you all in this thread that other countries, even whiter than this one, have laws against hate speech on the books, and it's enforced. People aren't walking around on pins and needles wondering if they're going to get arrested for dressing up like 1980's Michael Jackson. I'm really wondering what the hesitation is. Is it that difficult to legislate even the slightest bit of decency in America?

The fact that you feel the need to ask me this question, I'm guessing this is some kind of gotcha, shows that this conversation isn't suitable for you. Maybe listen more. If it wasn't so basic, essentially asking me about anti-Semitism, I'd be offended.

It's not just anti-Semitism. It's also their promotion of racial segregation, anti-LGBT, and black supremacy. But I can understand why you'd want to dodge this question considering your viewpoints on free speech would have all these black people thrown into jail.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 23, 2020, 09:33:33 AM »

It's not just anti-Semitism. It's also their promotion of racial segregation, anti-LGBT, and black supremacy. But I can understand why you'd want to dodge this question considering your viewpoints on free speech would have all these black people thrown into jail.

Farrakhan's a prophet and I think you ought to listen to what he can say to you, what you ought to do.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 23, 2020, 12:03:42 PM »
such an incredible album, best song imo:  black steel in the hour of chaos

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 23, 2020, 12:48:16 PM »

Yes, because my views on LGBT rights and segregation are within question for anyone who've read more than three of any message board post I've ever had. What the eff is your point? Did I say that black people can't be racist or have abhorrent views? eff outta here with this stupidity.

You're actually too stupid to understand that you don't nor should get thrown in jail for everything that's illegal. Go rough ridin' read a book and stop making this conversation dumber.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 23, 2020, 03:22:51 PM »
 :lol: such a unique combination of goal post moving, scattered arguments, racist, authoritarian, and crazy.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 23, 2020, 07:55:34 PM »
I was just trying to determine if MIR could walk us through his train of thought on how we could

Quote from: MakeItRain
legislate even the slightest bit of decency in America

It wasn't a gotcha question. I seriously wanted to see these mental gymnastics. Instead he just threw a tantrum.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 23, 2020, 08:11:20 PM »
such an incredible album, best song imo:  black steel in the hour of chaos

Probably. Most hilarious/enjoyable is cold lampin though. That whole thing is just absurd/funny.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 23, 2020, 09:32:48 PM »
I was just trying to determine if MIR could walk us through his train of thought on how we could

It wasn't a gotcha question. I seriously wanted to see these mental gymnastics. Instead he just threw a tantrum.

I asked you two different questions, dipshit. Don't worry about it, you're no different than cat27, I'm not going to bother with having conversations with people acting in bad faith.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 24, 2020, 10:58:05 AM »

We have already successfully legislated decency! Thanks for your question and go cats.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 27, 2020, 12:28:02 PM »
Greg, get on this thing and then have gE do your work on revising the conduct code.

https://twitter.com/kstatesga/status/1285729107586748416

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 27, 2020, 03:43:26 PM »
yes, do that

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 30, 2020, 02:13:54 PM »
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/29565299/ncaa-allow-uniform-patches-social-justice-causes

Other than getting confused and thinking that the athletes can just write individual messages on their jerseys, KSO is being surprisingly measured about this.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 30, 2020, 10:37:02 PM »
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/29565299/ncaa-allow-uniform-patches-social-justice-causes

Other than getting confused and thinking that the athletes can just write individual messages on their jerseys, KSO is being surprisingly measured about this.
It's a cool idea. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 31, 2020, 07:27:44 AM »
This could wreck my ability to know who is who (for many) on the football field. I never remember numbers lol.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 02, 2020, 08:39:37 AM »
That’s not a big ask tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 02, 2020, 08:41:40 AM »
That’s not a big ask tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The revenue share seems big. And it all probably seems big to the NCAA

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 02, 2020, 08:57:50 AM »
And I was going to say this night be the nail in the coffin for Larry Scott but if he's made it this far I don't know that it will have much effect.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 02, 2020, 10:42:10 AM »
Funny that the players’ take cake in players tribune form, after that is/was a pac 12 pr partner.

Tons of journalism indignation and masturbation here that could also go in the persecution/heroism thread.

https://twitter.com/johncanzanobft/status/1288824933171126272