Author Topic: Athletes Forcing Change  (Read 94660 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Athletes Forcing Change
« Reply #225 on: June 29, 2020, 09:58:49 PM »
Quote from: GregKSU1027 link=topic=42134.msg1991116#msg1991116 date=1593482350King honey here.[/quote

It’s Rev Honkey, dummy.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 29, 2020, 10:11:48 PM »
A lot of people in the real world today thought the ksu twitter guys joke was funny  :frown:

The point is, I can use these words because I have over a decades long track record of these people knowing I'm not a racist, you ignorant dumb eff. The line between a tasteless joke and racism is racism. If trim put that "joke".on twitter, people wouldn't are the rest of his tweets and say "yep this falls right in line with how he thinks." He also would have apologized and been embarrassed for making such a gross miscalculation.

Jaden wasn't joking and literally everyone in the world with reading capabilities knows that. I have no problem calling dumbfuck racists like eastcat dumbfuck racists for such a lame and obviously insincere defense.  People apologize for bad jokes, you can't apologize for expressing what's heartfelt.

This is classic.  It's okay for you to do it when somebody knows you right?  But when you don't know someone you can freely call them a racist (not even talking about the tweet)!!  :curse: :curse:. What a double standard POS you are.  If I did the same with my pals you wouldn't hesitate to call me privileged or a racist, which you pretty much have when you don't know me but it's ok for you.  What a douche.  Why don't you say you have many white friends too and they don't care because they know you... oh, you just did that.  lol.  You gave bookie an incredibly hard time about him saying the same damn thing.  And the name calling is also a great touch you possess.

Yes, you dumb sonofabitch, I can use language on a message board and with my friends than I couldn't in other settings. No rough ridin' crap, like what in the living hell are you even crying about here? It's just like you using words like spook, coon, wetback, chink, etc. when you're hanging out with Billy over the smoker while having a busch light.

You're also still equating the words cracker and honkey with other language that has historically been used to harm people of color. Honkey and cracker were made popular by late 20th century comedians. Why don't you do a Google image search of the words cracker and honkey and look at the results, then Google image those words I used in my first paragraph, you tell me the difference in those terms.

Honkey and cracker are no where close to other derogatory words and I agree with that but you used them as such.  It's a double standard but apparently being a bigot doesn't apply to you so forgive me.   You love all races and never have used the term chink or wetback right?  I'm pretty sure I'm not crying either dipshit.  I'm making a point which is pretty much over your head obviously.  Your rules apply to just you.  Got it.
Please what are the other ones? I'm genuinely interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 29, 2020, 10:32:45 PM »
guys I infiltrated the BLM cell and came back with some intel. sounds fishy

#BlackLivesMatter was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer. Black Lives Matter Foundation, Inc is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes. By combating and countering acts of violence, creating space for Black imagination and innovation, and centering Black joy, we are winning immediate improvements in our lives.

We are expansive. We are a collective of liberators who believe in an inclusive and spacious movement. We also believe that in order to win and bring as many people with us along the way, we must move beyond the narrow nationalism that is all too prevalent in Black communities. We must ensure we are building a movement that brings all of us to the front.

We affirm the lives of Black queer and trans folks, disabled folks, undocumented folks, folks with records, women, and all Black lives along the gender spectrum. Our network centers those who have been marginalized within Black liberation movements.

We are working for a world where Black lives are no longer systematically targeted for demise.

We affirm our humanity, our contributions to this society, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression.

The call for Black lives to matter is a rallying cry for ALL Black lives striving for liberation.

You also don't have to read far to find anti-family and Marxist ideas.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-co-founder-describes-herself-as-trained-marxist/

Welp, it's about time they start to catch up with that white clang; you know it's the pillow case boys KKK.  :fatty:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 29, 2020, 11:29:36 PM »
I always thought that it was spelled “honky”

anyone remember when elson floyd’s wife described white women as as “pink toes” in jail house discussions w ricky clemons?  holy crap what a wild time that was.  hadn’t heard that term before then and haven’t since

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 29, 2020, 11:52:21 PM »

anyone remember when elson floyd’s wife described white women as as “pink toes” in jail house discussions w ricky clemons?  holy crap what a wild time that was.  hadn’t heard that term before then and haven’t since

Man the Ricky Clemons saga was something else. I'd read a book about it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 30, 2020, 01:12:01 AM »

Man the Ricky Clemons saga was something else. I'd read a book about it.

Can't believe there wasn't a documentary about Mizzou under Quinn Snyder

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 30, 2020, 06:56:36 AM »
... I'm continuing to hold every dime and child, and I have an army of them...

An army of dimes, or children? I only ask because if it's an army of children, then someone's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes. The Gov. William J. Le Petomane Thruway requires exact change.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 30, 2020, 07:01:58 AM »
Cross post; Have you guys been over to Wildcat unfiltered or K-State Family. What a bunch of racists

Some of them, probably. I think others are making valid points. I'll probably butcher this quote, but the guy who said that more would feel empowered if this guy gets kicked out, sues, and wins. I don't want any of the money I give to K-State going to fight racist trolls, or worse, being paid to them because they've won a lawsuit against the university.

I still think too much attention is being given to this.

The tweet that is, not racism in general.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 30, 2020, 07:48:57 AM »
I was new at Eudora in 8th grade and a kid called me a "stupid cracker" on the basketball court and it rocked my world for a solid 30 minutes.  :cry:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 10:07:55 AM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 30, 2020, 08:43:38 AM »
Cross post; Have you guys been over to Wildcat unfiltered or K-State Family. What a bunch of racists

Some of them, probably. I think others are making valid points. I'll probably butcher this quote, but the guy who said that more would feel empowered if this guy gets kicked out, sues, and wins. I don't want any of the money I give to K-State going to fight racist trolls, or worse, being paid to them because they've won a lawsuit against the university.

you should tell that guy that the players' most recent statement they all posted isn't asking for the kid to be expelled.

It's amazing how many definitely not racist adults have been tsk-tsking the athletes for not thinking this through while casting judgement and making assumptions without actually taking the time to learn what the players are asking for.

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 30, 2020, 09:21:33 AM »

you should tell that guy that the players' most recent statement they all posted isn't asking for the kid to be expelled.

It's amazing how many definitely not racist adults have been tsk-tsking the athletes for not thinking this through while casting judgement and making assumptions without actually taking the time to learn what the players are asking for.

I'm honestly dont know what they want at this point. They started out with "expel him, or else" and now are on "everyone needs to be nice to us, or else". Is this accurate or what exactly do they want at this point?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 30, 2020, 10:07:04 AM »

I'm honestly dont know what they want at this point. They started out with "expel him, or else" and now are on "everyone needs to be nice to us, or else". Is this accurate or what exactly do they want at this point?

They started with "make it a university policy that racism isn't ok" and that is where they still are.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 30, 2020, 10:14:15 AM »

What they are asking for is literally in the first post of this thread.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 30, 2020, 10:21:01 AM »

To save everyone from shuffling back through:

Put a policy in place that allows a student to be dismissed for displaying openly racist, threatening or disrespectful actions toward a student or groups of students.

Portions of the code of conduct that touch on this issue are the following:

- Disruption or obstruction of teaching, research, administration, disciplinary proceedings, or other University-sponsored activities.

- Conduct directed towards another person(s) that is intended to and does substantially interfere with another’s educational or employment opportunity, peaceful enjoyment of residence, or physical security.

- Telephone or Internet harassment, which shall include: (KSA 21-6206)
   -- Making calls containing or making or transmitting any comment, request, suggestion, proposal, image or text which is lewd or obscene remarks.
   -- Making or transmitting calls, whether or not conversation ensues, or any comment, request, suggestion, proposal, image or text with intent to substantially interfere with another person’s educational or employment opportunity, peaceful enjoyment of residence, or physical security. Transmission of comments, requests, suggestions, proposal, images, or texts may include any transmission utilizing electronic means, including but not limited to sending text, picture, video, or audio messages over social media websites, social media applications, instant messenger or chat services, message boards or any other electronic format.

- Participation in a campus demonstration which unreasonably disrupts the normal operations of the University included but not limited to the following:
   -- infringes on the rights of;
   -- inciting others to disrupt scheduled and/or normal;
   -- intentional obstruction which unreasonably interferes with freedom of    movement, either pedestrian or vehicular;
   -- inciting another person to breach the peace.[/li][/list]

- Intentionally interfering with the freedom of expression of others.

- Conduct that is disorderly, lewd, or obscene; breach of peace; or inciting another person to breach the peace.
https://www.k-state.edu/sga/judicial/student-code-of-conduct.html

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 30, 2020, 10:22:19 AM »

Put a policy in place that allows a student to be dismissed for displaying openly racist, threatening or disrespectful actions toward a student or groups of students.

- Disruption or obstruction of teaching, research, administration, disciplinary proceedings, or other University-sponsored activities.

- Conduct directed towards another person(s) that is intended to and does substantially interfere with another’s educational or employment opportunity, peaceful enjoyment of residence, or physical security.

-- Making calls containing or making or transmitting any comment, request, suggestion, proposal, image or text which is lewd or obscene remarks.
       -- Making or transmitting calls, whether or not conversation ensues, or any comment, request, suggestion, proposal, image or text with intent to substantially interfere with another person’s educational or employment opportunity, peaceful enjoyment of residence, or physical security. Transmission of comments, requests, suggestions, proposal, images, or texts may include any transmission utilizing electronic means, including but not limited to sending text, picture, video, or audio messages over social media websites, social media applications, instant messenger or chat services, message boards or any other electronic format.

- Participation in a campus demonstration which unreasonably disrupts the normal operations of the University included but not limited to the following:
       -- intentional obstruction which unreasonably interferes with freedom of    movement, either pedestrian or vehicular;

- Conduct that is disorderly, lewd, or obscene; breach of peace; or inciting another person to breach the peace.
    I’d say breach of peace is pretty straightforward

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
    • Pak'r Élitaire
    • #TeamChestHair
      • View Profile
    « Reply #240 on: June 30, 2020, 10:25:25 AM »

Sure.  That's a vague enough term that could theoretically cover "disrespectful" actions.  The problem wouldn't be the policy, the problem would be applying it in a way that would withstand constitutional scrutiny in the event a punished student sues -- the importance of which hinges on whether the university cares about losing a hypothetical constitutional claim brought by a student.

I actually think the more applicable rule would be:
    That's pretty close to what the athletes are advocating for.  I doubt that that point would cover the tweet at issue ("directed at" being the most operative phrase), but it's at least close to what the athletes are calling for.
    « Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 10:29:41 AM by DQ12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
      • View Profile
    « Reply #241 on: June 30, 2020, 10:42:05 AM »
    Yeah, except they’re looking for validation that racism is a special category worth calling out. I’m honestly surprised the provisions you highlighted don’t already call out protected groups.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • Cats, man
      • View Profile
    « Reply #242 on: June 30, 2020, 10:43:03 AM »
    Yeah, except they’re looking for validation that racism is a special category worth calling out. I’m honestly surprised the provisions you highlighted don’t already call out protected groups.
    Just shows how old these rules are.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
    • Pak'r Élitaire
    • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
      • View Profile
    « Reply #243 on: June 30, 2020, 10:58:59 AM »

You would be incorrect. That phrase does not refer to disrupting someone's internal peace; it refers to a state of lawlessness that is considered dangerous. For example, let's say you're repossessing someone's tractor because you loaned them money to purchase the tractor and they defaulted on the loan. When you show up, the farmer is sitting on the tractor with a shotgun. You cannot then repossess the tractor without causing a breach of the peace, so you can no longer privately repossess it.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
      • Pak'r Élitaire
      • BSPAC
        • View Profile
      « Reply #244 on: June 30, 2020, 11:01:35 AM »

You would be incorrect. That phrase does not refer to disrupting someone's internal peace; it refers to a state of lawlessness that is considered dangerous. For example, let's say you're repossessing someone's tractor because you loaned them money to purchase the tractor and they defaulted on the loan. When you show up, the farmer is sitting on the tractor with a shotgun. You cannot then repossess the tractor without causing a breach of the peace, so you can no longer privately repossess it.

some farmer getting violent when he doesn't get handouts.  pretty typical

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
        • Pak'r Élitaire
        • #TeamChestHair
          • View Profile
        « Reply #245 on: June 30, 2020, 11:04:43 AM »
        There's a practical element to this.  K-State can do whatever it wants.  There's very little (if anything) K-State can do to punish protected (i.e. racist) speech within the bounds of the constitution.

If K-State needs some pretext to boot this guy (or the next guy) off campus or otherwise punish him in any meaningful way, "breach of peace" is as good (and as bad) as any, imo. 

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
        • Make it rain
          • View Profile
        « Reply #246 on: June 30, 2020, 11:28:05 AM »
        There's a practical element to this.  K-State can do whatever it wants.  There's very little (if anything) K-State can do to punish protected (i.e. racist) speech within the bounds of the constitution.

If K-State needs some pretext to boot this guy (or the next guy) off campus or otherwise punish him in any meaningful way, "breach of peace" is as good (and as bad) as any, imo.

No, K-State cannot do just whatever it wants. It's a state university. The state owns it, runs it, allots it money etc.  It is a state actor regardless of which way the political winds happen to be blowing. I forgot that part of the Constitution where it said, hey these rights we discussed, nevermind ... they don’t rough ridin' apply if a school has a code of conduct. Being expelled is punishment.  The First Amendment prevents state actors from retaliating against individuals for protected speech.  It isn't just limited to protection from being jailed.

The whole reason for the code of conduct change is so that students can be removed for similar comments in the future. This is setting up the university to be sued in multiple ways when the next racist bad person like this kid gets kicked out for similar statements/tweets/FB posts. I understand that it wasn't really a joke to him. I understand who he is and the groups he associates with. I also understand that as a grown adult, sometimes you have to just walk on by the trash.

This little punk's comment was horribly insensitive, specifically intended to rile people up, comes at a politically hostile time, and is not worth the time it takes to read.

Yet, here we are anyways.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
        • Pak'r Élitaire
        • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
          • View Profile
        « Reply #247 on: June 30, 2020, 11:32:20 AM »
        Remember how bothered gE posters get when they'd see the "racist piece of crap" tag in their profile here?

KSU as a university can't brand a student that, but the community can.  Long before the tweet, EMAW's and MHK'rs should've been pointing the kid out everywhere he goes and announcing there goes the racist piece of crap.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
        • Katpak'r
        • Labeled by children.
          • View Profile
        « Reply #248 on: June 30, 2020, 11:37:24 AM »
        Remember how bothered gE posters get when they'd see the "racist piece of crap" tag in their profile here?

KSU as a university can't brand a student that, but the community can.  Long before the tweet, EMAW's and MHK'rs should've been pointing the kid out everywhere he goes and announcing there goes the racist piece of crap.

What? How immature of behavior is that?

This event with GF was originally about police brutality. That was a valid conclusion and concern. It has been hijacked into a society engineering wealth redistribution plan like Zimbabwe.

All dissent bullied and shouted down in the name of racism.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
          • View Profile
        « Reply #249 on: June 30, 2020, 11:37:46 AM »
        Once again, plenty of ammo to get rid of the kid.   Still extremely pleased some of you don't run K-State.