Author Topic: Athletes Forcing Change  (Read 95319 times)

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Athletes Forcing Change
« Reply #200 on: June 29, 2020, 05:32:26 PM »
So your claim is that "BLM will escalate", but you won't actually say what you think that escalation would be.

Q probably called it years ago. stay tuned...

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 29, 2020, 05:32:51 PM »
Do you think I run BLM or something?
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 29, 2020, 05:38:28 PM »
I'm just basing my prediction on previous experience observing the reaction of people discovering that they have been duped.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 29, 2020, 05:50:34 PM »
Interesting, thanks for posting cRusty.

Few of those things really seem to be their mission statement now, recently the co-founder of BLM openly stated that their exclusive goal is to remove the signer of the  First Step Criminal Reform Act from office.   The same administration that's working on second chance for success initiatives (particularly for hiring into Federal jobs) pell grants for people in prison to continue their education etc. etc. etc.

Oh well, politics, man.

they're also anti-family

It's on their website, not mine.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

Monsters smdh

Oh the conversation I had about this one on kso, lol. Some of these people actually see us as something other than human.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 29, 2020, 05:53:15 PM »
Love thy neighbor is just a little too radical for this freedom lover

The concept is actually really difficult for some of them, maybe the exact wording on the website is confusing. One dude actually thought, well he tried to make the argument that BLM advocates for the removal of fathers.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 29, 2020, 05:59:01 PM »
Too bad okcat doesn't post anymore

He's a shithead but he wouldn't be defending jaden or anything it stands for

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 29, 2020, 06:07:37 PM »
A lot of people in the real world today thought the ksu twitter guys joke was funny  :frown:

The point is, I can use these words because I have over a decades long track record of these people knowing I'm not a racist, you ignorant dumb eff. The line between a tasteless joke and racism is racism. If trim put that "joke".on twitter, people wouldn't are the rest of his tweets and say "yep this falls right in line with how he thinks." He also would have apologized and been embarrassed for making such a gross miscalculation.

Jaden wasn't joking and literally everyone in the world with reading capabilities knows that. I have no problem calling dumbfuck racists like eastcat dumbfuck racists for such a lame and obviously insincere defense.  People apologize for bad jokes, you can't apologize for expressing what's heartfelt.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 29, 2020, 06:11:29 PM »
first do you agree that as a whole white America has adopted a strategy of giving lip service to BLM but has no intention of relinquishing any power or advantages that they may have to BLM or african americans ?

Yep, although you must know that power and equality aren't the same. This is how you fall into the "there was a black president" trap.

For the record I agree with you that myers statement is just a bunch of meaningless words, without action I'm continuing to hold every dime and child, and I have an army of them, from K-State.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 29, 2020, 06:13:38 PM »
first do you agree that as a whole white America has adopted a strategy of giving lip service to BLM but has no intention of relinquishing any power or advantages that they may have to BLM or african americans ?

Yep, although you must know that power and equality aren't the same. This is how you fall into the "there was a black president" trap.

For the record I agree with you that myers statement is just a bunch of meaningless words, without action I'm continuing to hold every dime and child, and I have an army of them, from K-State.
Yeah it's a damned shame. I got my diploma today and with all that has went on the last two weeks I don't even wanna show it off. I'm ashamed especially since the school hasn't made headway. You said it best earlier it is worth getting sued over. And I really hope the school see's that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 29, 2020, 06:50:31 PM »
A lot of people in the real world today thought the ksu twitter guys joke was funny  :frown:

The point is, I can use these words because I have over a decades long track record of these people knowing I'm not a racist, you ignorant dumb eff. The line between a tasteless joke and racism is racism. If trim put that "joke".on twitter, people wouldn't are the rest of his tweets and say "yep this falls right in line with how he thinks." He also would have apologized and been embarrassed for making such a gross miscalculation.

Jaden wasn't joking and literally everyone in the world with reading capabilities knows that. I have no problem calling dumbfuck racists like eastcat dumbfuck racists for such a lame and obviously insincere defense.  People apologize for bad jokes, you can't apologize for expressing what's heartfelt.

I can use these words -  Is that like black privilege or something

I have a decade long track record with these people -  Did you just say you are not racist because you have white friends?

don't bother responding, its not important, you just crack me up.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 29, 2020, 07:05:21 PM »

Curious about the last part... do you think there are other (especially midwestern) state schools doing measurably better than K-State in this respect? If so what are they doing?  (I realize this may be entirely beside the point for what you do with your money and progeny.)

This specific instance seems too tied to Jaden to blame the university for allowing it to start, response obviously TBD. The #BlackAtKState from a few weeks back is also hard for me to say whether it is just something that caught on twitter and could have happened at any number of schools, or if there was something about KState in particular.
:adios:

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 29, 2020, 08:25:08 PM »

This is classic.  It's okay for you to do it when somebody knows you right?  But when you don't know someone you can freely call them a racist (not even talking about the tweet)!!  :curse: :curse:. What a double standard POS you are.  If I did the same with my pals you wouldn't hesitate to call me privileged or a racist, which you pretty much have when you don't know me but it's ok for you.  What a douche.  Why don't you say you have many white friends too and they don't care because they know you... oh, you just did that.  lol.  You gave bookie an incredibly hard time about him saying the same damn thing.  And the name calling is also a great touch you possess.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 29, 2020, 08:29:16 PM »
The other part is that literally no one is offended by honky or cracker

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 29, 2020, 08:38:58 PM »

Curious about the last part... do you think there are other (especially midwestern) state schools doing measurably better than K-State in this respect? If so what are they doing?  (I realize this may be entirely beside the point for what you do with your money and progeny.)

This specific instance seems too tied to Jaden to blame the university for allowing it to start, response obviously TBD. The #BlackAtKState from a few weeks back is also hard for me to say whether it is just something that caught on twitter and could have happened at any number of schools, or if there was something about KState in particular.

Good question, and I don't know how other universities would handle it, fortunately they haven't had the chance, K-State has and it appears as if Myers is just going to hem and haw and hope that this goes away. I know this, Wefald wouldn't do this, people might not like what he would have done, but he would have done something other than a 1000 word press release that didn't do much more than tout where he's been. It's unfortunate that the jaden fish was thrown in their laps, but that's how crisis management works.

I agree with #blackatkstate, almost all of those stories had nothing to do with K-State as an institution. That was brought to my my attention a week after otherwise I would have tried to shift the focus on the university response to things that happened under their watch, other than the acts themselves.

I am getting the feeling that the leadership at the school thinks that initiatives aimed at recruiting minority students and using supportive words stand in the place of actual strong, put your foot down advocacy. I also will relate this to sexual harassment at schools. Back in the day before title IX offices, schools would absolutely use strong language disavowing all forms of harassment, but they really did nothing to protect women, not until the federal government made them do so.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 29, 2020, 08:44:15 PM »
Thanks. My hope is that today’s statement was truly a stall for time to navigate admittedly complex ancillary issues, legal and otherwise.  If this is the end of it, that will be disappointing.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 29, 2020, 08:48:38 PM »

This is classic.  It's okay for you to do it when somebody knows you right?  But when you don't know someone you can freely call them a racist (not even talking about the tweet)!!  :curse: :curse:. What a double standard POS you are.  If I did the same with my pals you wouldn't hesitate to call me privileged or a racist, which you pretty much have when you don't know me but it's ok for you.  What a douche.  Why don't you say you have many white friends too and they don't care because they know you... oh, you just did that.  lol.  You gave bookie an incredibly hard time about him saying the same damn thing.  And the name calling is also a great touch you possess.

Yes, you dumb sonofabitch, I can use language on a message board and with my friends than I couldn't in other settings. No rough ridin' crap, like what in the living hell are you even crying about here? It's just like you using words like spook, coon, wetback, chink, etc. when you're hanging out with Billy over the smoker while having a busch light.

You're also still equating the words cracker and honkey with other language that has historically been used to harm people of color. Honkey and cracker were made popular by late 20th century comedians. Why don't you do a Google image search of the words cracker and honkey and look at the results, then Google image those words I used in my first paragraph, you tell me the difference in those terms.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #216 on: June 29, 2020, 08:53:37 PM »
Hello fellow honkies

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 29, 2020, 08:58:29 PM »
honkey please....

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 29, 2020, 08:59:10 PM »
Hello fellow honkies

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
King honey here. See it's not offensive

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 29, 2020, 09:01:08 PM »
The other part is that literally no one is offended by honky or cracker

Awesome!  Another person who can judge what is and isn't acceptable when it comes to racists names and that no one is offended by them!  :excited:Very privileged view if I say so myself.  I can assure you that someone is offended by those terms but they're probably just racist.  Acceptable!!  My neighbor who is a kraut will be happy to hear this!!
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 29, 2020, 09:03:49 PM »
Could all of you honkeys take this trash to the pit? TY

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 29, 2020, 09:09:39 PM »

Good question, and I don't know how other universities would handle it, fortunately they haven't had the chance, K-State has and it appears as if Myers is just going to hem and haw and hope that this goes away. I know this, Wefald wouldn't do this, people might not like what he would have done, but he would have done something other than a 1000 word press release that didn't do much more than tout where he's been. It's unfortunate that the jaden fish was thrown in their laps, but that's how crisis management works.

I agree with #blackatkstate, almost all of those stories had nothing to do with K-State as an institution. That was brought to my my attention a week after otherwise I would have tried to shift the focus on the university response to things that happened under their watch, other than the acts themselves.

I am getting the feeling that the leadership at the school thinks that initiatives aimed at recruiting minority students and using supportive words stand in the place of actual strong, put your foot down advocacy. I also will relate this to sexual harassment at schools. Back in the day before title IX offices, schools would absolutely use strong language disavowing all forms of harassment, but they really did nothing to protect women, not until the federal government made them do so.
what specific action are people accusing the president of not taking? what actions has ksu not done that other schools have done? is ksu at fault for a boys comment on twitter? i think its been what 2 days and we're already criticizing the president for not having solved the problem of kids being offensive on social media? please highlight for me because i am dumb and uneducated what the things other colleges have done to combat a handful of racist punks that KSU has refused to institute. thanks so much

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 29, 2020, 09:14:33 PM »

Yes, you dumb sonofabitch, I can use language on a message board and with my friends than I couldn't in other settings. No rough ridin' crap, like what in the living hell are you even crying about here? It's just like you using words like spook, coon, wetback, chink, etc. when you're hanging out with Billy over the smoker while having a busch light.

You're also still equating the words cracker and honkey with other language that has historically been used to harm people of color. Honkey and cracker were made popular by late 20th century comedians. Why don't you do a Google image search of the words cracker and honkey and look at the results, then Google image those words I used in my first paragraph, you tell me the difference in those terms.

Honkey and cracker are no where close to other derogatory words and I agree with that but you used them as such.  It's a double standard but apparently being a bigot doesn't apply to you so forgive me.   You love all races and never have used the term chink or wetback right?  I'm pretty sure I'm not crying either dipshit.  I'm making a point which is pretty much over your head obviously.  Your rules apply to just you.  Got it.

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 29, 2020, 09:16:25 PM »
Could all of you honkeys take this trash to the pit? TY

Sorry!  This thread should be merged?  :whistle1:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 29, 2020, 09:19:32 PM »
I think Myers should have been doing something about this clown back when the KC Star first profiled him in February. I don't know what, exactly, but he might have prevented what he's dealing with now.