Author Topic: Athletes Forcing Change  (Read 95399 times)

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
Re: Athletes Forcing Change
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2020, 02:24:44 PM »
At risk of being labeled a racist, I also cringe when college coaches openly endorse Black Lives Matter. I think very few people know what this actual group stands for or what it's endgame really is. But, questioning the group -- is out of the question -- and is only done by 'racists'.

it means that black lives matter, not terribly difficult to comprehend

woof

Mr. Johnson, who was black, told police negotiators that “he was upset about Black Lives Matter,” Chief Brown said. “He said he was upset about the recent police shootings. The suspect said he was upset at white people. The suspect stated he wanted to kill white people, especially white officers.”

5 dead, 9 injured. How soon we forget.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/09/us/dallas-police-shooting.html

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2020, 02:28:06 PM »
Also I have no idea how Bill would have reacted in this situation, if at all.  If I had to take a guess it would be not favorable.

Can you define "favorable"?
i think the college coaches know a whole lot more about what BLM meaning is because they actually talk to black people. the vast majority of white people dont have discussions with black people therefore are left to their own ignorance to fill in the question with their own naive answer. i consider myself ignorant and naive and only have an opinion because i listened to some very well spoken black NFL players explain themselves in 10 minute videos recently. they agree that all lives matter and white lives matter. they are on board with that. their issue is that black lives have not seemed to matter as much as other lives and have not illicited similar responses by the country to negative happenings to the group. so black lives is not intended to diminish others lives as much as they think its necessary to elevate the black lives movement so they can be included in the all lives matter conversation. right now they feel like their lives do not matter as much. and i think they may have a point

Favorable may not have been the best word choice, but not favorable in the sense he may have taken no action or statement at all.  This situation may be a bit outside of Bill's comfort zone and I don't think he would have liked the players threatening to boycott the game and team.  CK is in full support of the players and the movement.

I agree with this

I tend to agree as well. The part that scares me in all of this is the idea that the 'state' would expel a young kid (or anyone for that matter) from a public school for something he says on Twitter. Maybe this kid in particular is a dumbass and/or a dirtbag, but the idea that a student at a public university is expelled based on speech is concerning. A lot of dumbasses and dirtbags go to school.. isn't that the purpose? Based on the first amendment related tweets that one of the athletes made after a meeting with KSU administration, it sounds like the administration tends to also agree.

At risk of being labeled a racist, I also cringe when college coaches openly endorse Black Lives Matter. I think very few people know what this actual group stands for or what it's endgame really is. But, questioning the group -- is out of the question -- and is only done by 'racists'.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 29, 2020, 02:36:00 PM »
Stupid thing is, this dumbass k state kid tweeted a joke that was like a week old.
He just Must not be that bright,

Players are goin a tad overboard.  But Mainstream Media & Educational Indoctrination has trained them to push harder and harder.

like where does this even end?   Whats thier Utopia ?
im all for black lives matter. i'm all for letting the players speak their opinion more often. but its pretty obvious the players got caught up in the popular thing to do at the moment movement which is jump out at any borderline or outright thing in our life that could be perceived as racist or anti BLM. I"m not sure why anyone cares what one kid on twitter thinks when there are roughly 1 million kids on twitter saying racist and offensive things EVERY DAY! unfortunately for KSU this kid has the KSU logo on his twitter account otherwise the fb players would have never cared enough to speak up. i dont think the players needed to burn down our university reputation over something a single punk wrote on a social platform that is famous for disparaging uses. the players statements sounded very oppositional to the university. they apparently never even stopped long enough to think about what they were asking. then when they had a few hours to reflect on what they really wanted they asked for something that had already occurred several hours earlier in the day. the president and coaches condemned the tweet very early in that afternoon. the players are young and naive but need to learn to wield their power in a very deliberate manner with well thought out intentions. right now they are just jumping on the bandwagon and in my opinion hurting the group of people who are their biggest supporters

the players are forcing the coaches and administration to make the university look good. They had an initial reaction, had meetings, and then came out with a new unified statement.

And who exactly are they hurting?
kansas state ended up on the front page of every national newspaper in the country with a headline that stated our fb players were protesting against the university for racist tweets. maybe i'm too sensitive but i took that personally. i dont think one punk on twitter represents kansas state. i think they blew it out of proportion and hurt our image. the people and alumni of this university are these kids biggest supporters outside of their own families. we pay for their school, their lodging, their food and give them them opportunity to showcase their talents. i mean most of kansas state supports them in  a way no one else does. and their knee jerk reaction caused harm in my opinion to our reputation. at least in the short run

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 29, 2020, 02:41:07 PM »
https://www.k-state.edu/today/info/announcement/?id=66060

Universities have always been places where controversial ideas can be widely shared and discussed. Our goal, embedded in our Principles of Community, is that this discourse be civil, with participants being treated with dignity and respect. We want every student on our campuses, as well as all faculty and staff, to know they are safe and to be treated with respect and common decency. These have been our values since our founding. There is no place on our campuses for racism, hate and bigotry.

Or jokes apparently.

The left loves talk and speech until it's words they don't like. Then it must be suppressed, rejected, controlled, punished.

It has to be one of the most blatant double standards in modern political discourse.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 29, 2020, 02:41:53 PM »

Universities have always been places where controversial ideas can be widely shared and discussed. Our goal, embedded in our Principles of Community, is that this discourse be civil, with participants being treated with dignity and respect. We want every student on our campuses, as well as all faculty and staff, to know they are safe and to be treated with respect and common decency. These have been our values since our founding. There is no place on our campuses for racism, hate and bigotry.

Or jokes apparently.

The left loves talk and speech until it's words they don't like. Then it must be suppressed, rejected, controlled, punished.

It has to be one of the most blatant double standards in modern political discourse.
Eastcat more like lukedcat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 29, 2020, 02:44:52 PM »
Interesting, thanks for posting cRusty.

Few of those things really seem to be their mission statement now, recently the co-founder of BLM openly stated that their exclusive goal is to remove the signer of the  First Step Criminal Reform Act from office.   The same administration that's working on second chance for success initiatives (particularly for hiring into Federal jobs) pell grants for people in prison to continue their education etc. etc. etc.

Oh well, politics, man.

they're also anti-family

It's on their website, not mine.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

Monsters smdh

The "systemic" destruction of the black patriarchal family over the past 60 years has nothing to do with the current situation or environment that got us here, either.  </sarcasm>

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 29, 2020, 02:46:02 PM »

An update from Dick
did kansas state have a racism problem before last Friday? i mean i know most racism is hidden and spoken behind closed doors but the way these things are written make it sound like we have a problem that maybe others dont have. there is no reference to national perspectives. i'm glad they are putting down some plans for that this is good. but isn't it amazing what 1 punk ass kid on social platform a platform famous for bad purposes can do to the image of hundreds of thousands of other people with no association to the kid? if ksu can flip this thing from a negative to a positive then hats off to them.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 29, 2020, 02:50:40 PM »

An update from Dick
did kansas state have a racism problem before last Friday? i mean i know most racism is hidden and spoken behind closed doors but the way these things are written make it sound like we have a problem that maybe others dont have. there is no reference to national perspectives. i'm glad they are putting down some plans for that this is good. but isn't it amazing what 1 punk ass kid on social platform a platform famous for bad purposes can do to the image of hundreds of thousands of other people with no association to the kid? if ksu can flip this thing from a negative to a positive then hats off to them.

KSU mostly had a hoax hate crime issue that painted it in a bad light.

https://www.kansas.com/news/local/education/article221373355.html

Both incidents garnered national public attention and damaged the university's reputation. Neither were punished or prosecuted. I suspect Jaden won't have the same outcome, due to the color of his skin.

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 29, 2020, 02:51:28 PM »

Or jokes apparently.

LOL no one believes it was a joke. no one. it wasn't .  and i would ask why all my republican conservative friends most non KSU grads reject this kid's tweet too. in fact i can't find anyone anywhere on the political spectrum that didn't reject the comments and hope they never have to see something similar again. so it doesn't appear to be a "left" thing. it appears to be a human thing. i'm almost positive if asked that even Trump would reject this type of speech. so i'm not sure who is left. is there anybody in your pocket? or you by yourself?

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2020, 02:54:08 PM »

An update from Dick
Kstate has had problems in the past. In recent memory the noose that was hung outside of hale library, the blackface sorority girls that ended up leaving campus because people recognized them on campus.
There is always an internal incident on campus at a dorm hall almost every fall since I have been here. It is a problem. And I’d say every campus has problems but ours have been very prevalent the last few years. And Jaden hasn’t helped.

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2020, 02:54:33 PM »
Mods please change the thread title to athletes forcing racists to out themselves

And please don't forget to add, "and let MIR continue to be a bigot but everyone will just turn their heads"... 

I assume that’s because most people have not been offended by what MIR has said. Is there something specific you’re thinking of?

I'm sure when he uses the term honky or cracker he is just trying to get some good ole yucks from you guys so never mind.. :rolleyes:
Do those terms offend you? I’m asking because as a white man they really don’t offend me and I’m genuinely curious if you find them offensive or if you are just upset that whites don’t have slurs associated with decades of hate and oppression that they can be offended by.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2020, 02:54:41 PM »

Or jokes apparently.

LOL no one believes it was a joke. no one. it wasn't .  and i would ask why all my republican conservative friends most non KSU grads reject this kid's tweet too. in fact i can't find anyone anywhere on the political spectrum that didn't reject the comments and hope they never have to see something similar again. so it doesn't appear to be a "left" thing. it appears to be a human thing. i'm almost positive if asked that even Trump would reject this type of speech. so i'm not sure who is left. is there anybody in your pocket? or you by yourself?

Who decides if it was a joke? The joke court or the joke police?

"Hello joke Judge, we have alot of really sensitive people around here, I need you to rule if this joke was a thought crime or not. According to the plaintiff, he didn't find it funny."

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 29, 2020, 02:55:28 PM »
I had no idea eastcat was such a crap human.

He used to commonly be referred to as "Known Worst Poster Eastcat" for a reason
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 29, 2020, 02:57:49 PM »
It was a stolen joke, made racist.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 29, 2020, 02:59:54 PM »

Or jokes apparently.

I mean, there might be an example out there, but outside of maybe serial killers and war criminals can you think of a “joke” about a recent dead guy that was well received by either end of the political spectrum?

It’s in extremely poor taste either way, but considering the source and the race conversations surrounding Floyd the tweet was basically a dog whistle into a megaphone.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 29, 2020, 03:00:20 PM »

Or jokes apparently.

"Hello joke Judge, we have alot of really sensitive people around here, I need you to rule if this joke was a thought crime or not. According to the plaintiff, he didn't find it funny."
Nah man, joking about someone who has been dead for a month and claiming they are drug free for the first time in a while is not funny.  I think it’s an bad person move personally. Like forreal have a heart and use good judgement. It’s not that hard man.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 29, 2020, 03:03:20 PM »
It is sorta interesting (in addition to obviously shitty) to watch the occasional person such as Known Worst Poster Eastcat twist themselves into knots trying to defend the tweet.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 29, 2020, 03:04:14 PM »
Too bad okcat doesn't post anymore
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 29, 2020, 03:09:16 PM »

east cat has hate in his heart and no amount of encouragement is going to change that. that's why it has taken so long to rid ourselves of racism. we basically have to wait for all the cruel fuckers to die and hope their kids and grandkids gradually become a little better people than their parents. at least that's what my racist friend told me. he said his dad and granddad taught him those things and didn't know any better until he went to college. and after that he couldn't really change his pattern of thoughts he just realized they might be wrong and was willing to admit it to himself.

Or jokes apparently.

Nah man, joking about someone who has been dead for a month and claiming they are drug free for the first time in a while is not funny.  I think it’s an bad person move personally. Like forreal have a heart and use good judgement. It’s not that hard man.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 29, 2020, 03:13:52 PM »
I, for one, stan Kashi's use of the quote function. Did he slip a comment in there somewhere or just quote for posterity? we may never know...

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 29, 2020, 03:14:01 PM »

Or jokes apparently.

I mean, there might be an example out there, but outside of maybe serial killers and war criminals can you think of a “joke” about a recent dead guy that was well received by either end of the political spectrum?

It’s in extremely poor taste either way, but considering the source and the race conversations surrounding Floyd the tweet was basically a dog whistle into a megaphone.

Like when Dave Chappelle made a skit on "Not believing" Michael Jackson's child molestation accusers? OR his skits on OJ murdering his wife?

You guys can't define a threshold on this, because it's a double standard.

George Floyd met an unfair and unjust death, but that doesn't make the man a saint. Even if he were the most nobel person in history, endorsing a public university to control a students private twitter account is absurd.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 29, 2020, 03:15:34 PM »
Alright possibly racist posters Purplewood and Eastcat, group up with me.

The question isn't whether or not it was a joke, or if it was a joke, whether or not it was funny. The question is, how much oxygen do you give a single, insensitive tweet? And on what basis is that response justified? The marketplace of ideas will work itself out.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 29, 2020, 03:21:24 PM »
Alright possibly racist posters Purplewood and Eastcat, group up with me.

The question isn't whether or not it was a joke, or if it was a joke, whether or not it was funny. The question is, how much oxygen do you give a single, insensitive tweet? And on what basis is that response justified? The marketplace of ideas will work itself out.

Depends if you have popular/famous people totally lost in their emotions or not.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 29, 2020, 03:24:02 PM »
It is sorta interesting (in addition to obviously shitty) to watch the occasional person such as Known Worst Poster Eastcat twist themselves into knots trying to defend the tweet.

As much as i'm embarrassed by how many of the bloggers here are outing themselves as completely stupid, I would also like to go on the record for saying i'm glad they are sharing their stupid thoughts and i hope they feel safe to continue to do so. This place would be p boring if we were all just standing around in a circle knucklin off each others cranks

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 29, 2020, 03:29:49 PM »

As much as i'm embarrassed by how many of the bloggers here are outing themselves as completely stupid, I would also like to go on the record for saying i'm glad they are sharing their stupid thoughts and i hope they feel safe to continue to do so. This place would be p boring if we were all just standing around in a circle knucklin off each others cranks

It's @sonofdaxjones
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite