Author Topic: Athletes Forcing Change  (Read 94676 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Athletes Forcing Change
« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2020, 09:55:34 AM »
He has been a pleasant surprise all around. I really hope we hold onto him for a long time.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 29, 2020, 10:05:19 AM »
He has been a pleasant surprise all around. I really hope we hold onto him for a long time.
I think he'll both win and leave. Better than losing and staying.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2020, 10:09:58 AM »
I think he'll both win and leave. Better than losing and staying.

Keep Gene, keep CK IMO.  Need to pay up, though. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2020, 10:10:57 AM »
Also I have no idea how Bill would have reacted in this situation, if at all.  If I had to take a guess it would be not favorable. 

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2020, 10:23:21 AM »
Also I have no idea how Bill would have reacted in this situation, if at all.  If I had to take a guess it would be not favorable.

Can you define "favorable"?

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2020, 10:38:29 AM »
I had no idea eastcat was such a crap human.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2020, 10:38:38 AM »
https://twitter.com/CoachKli/status/1277393564650164226

:emawkid:

Hopefully he can win in front of an empty BSFS.

Like it or not the program only exists because the fans pay for it. Not because the players play for it.

Most KSU fans do not support BLM or its race-revenge pandering narrative. Telling the average white Kansan they're evil and then asking for a donation won't play out like you think it will.

I'd be thrilled if folks like you never supported the program again. See ya!  :adios:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 10:42:12 AM by michigancat »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2020, 10:40:25 AM »

Have you never read any of his posts? I honestly thought he was banned a while back for posting a bunch of racist gifs
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2020, 10:42:59 AM »

Favorable may not have been the best word choice, but not favorable in the sense he may have taken no action or statement at all.  This situation may be a bit outside of Bill's comfort zone and I don't think he would have liked the players threatening to boycott the game and team.  CK is in full support of the players and the movement.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2020, 10:44:48 AM »
https://twitter.com/CoachKli/status/1277393564650164226

:emawkid:

Hopefully he can win in front of an empty BSFS.

Like it or not the program only exists because the fans pay for it. Not because the players play for it.

Most KSU fans do not support BLM or its race-revenge pandering narrative. Telling the average white Kansan they're evil and then asking for a donation won't play out like you think it will.

I'd be thrilled if folks like you never supported the program again. See ya!  :adios:
Yes fans pay, but man I couldn’t care less if fans like you never paid again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2020, 10:50:45 AM »

Have you never read any of his posts? I honestly thought he was banned a while back for posting a bunch of racist gifs

I don't recall seeing him post in a long time. I don't remember seeing him post anything like that before. Maybe I'm thinking of another more pleasant poster who hasn't posted on gE in a while.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2020, 11:02:49 AM »
On a serious note, this season would be a great opportunity to end football at the college level.

We know its dangerous. This is a convenient place to stop.

with athletes able to profit off of their likeness I would be ok with a professional only model for sports.  Universities could focus on education and maybe some intramural activities.  Flag football obviously.

These honkeys are so upset about student-athletes actually being treated like humans that they are ready to punt on college sports, literally overnight.

Our point had more to do with professionalism and CTE safety, but if that allows you an opportunity to use racist slang, you do you....

:ROFL: we aren't as stupid as you are. If that was your reasoning you would have been done with football long ago. You aren't in favor of NIL compensation, you want them to play and to keep them broke, broken, and silent, like in the good ol' days of January 2020'

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2020, 11:04:07 AM »

I don't recall seeing him post in a long time. I don't remember seeing him post anything like that before. Maybe I'm thinking of another more pleasant poster who hasn't posted on gE in a while.

he only comes and posts when there is an opportunity to be a racist. very strange to choose to do so on gE.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2020, 11:07:19 AM »

Favorable may not have been the best word choice, but not favorable in the sense he may have taken no action or statement at all.  This situation may be a bit outside of Bill's comfort zone and I don't think he would have liked the players threatening to boycott the game and team.  CK is in full support of the players and the movement.

I agree with this

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2020, 11:13:15 AM »
From my perspective, CK seems like a good manager/person.  I'm glad we have him leading the program rn.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2020, 11:14:31 AM »
From my perspective, CK seems like a good manager/person.  I'm glad we have him leading the program rn.

Agree

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2020, 12:25:10 PM »
Mods please change the thread title to athletes forcing racists to out themselves

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2020, 12:36:03 PM »
Mods please change the thread title to athletes forcing racists to out themselves

And please don't forget to add, "and let MIR continue to be a bigot but everyone will just turn their heads"... 

I'll get prepared to be called a racist but please know I agree with this idiot to be thrown off campus.  Just not sure I've seen something that will work well quite yet or have another idiot cause the same issue in the aftermath. 
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2020, 12:42:57 PM »
I agree with this idiot to be thrown off campus.  Just not sure I've seen something that will work well quite yet or have another idiot cause the same issue in the aftermath.

I agree with this.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2020, 12:48:48 PM »
I mean he made the tweet Thursday night and it's Monday morning so yeah I don't think they are gonna solve on-campus racism in that time.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2020, 12:53:30 PM »

And please don't forget to add, "and let MIR continue to be a bigot but everyone will just turn their heads"... 

I assume that’s because most people have not been offended by what MIR has said. Is there something specific you’re thinking of?

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2020, 01:01:44 PM »

I agree with this

I tend to agree as well. The part that scares me in all of this is the idea that the 'state' would expel a young kid (or anyone for that matter) from a public school for something he says on Twitter. Maybe this kid in particular is a dumbass and/or a dirtbag, but the idea that a student at a public university is expelled based on speech is concerning. A lot of dumbasses and dirtbags go to school.. isn't that the purpose? Based on the first amendment related tweets that one of the athletes made after a meeting with KSU administration, it sounds like the administration tends to also agree.

At risk of being labeled a racist, I also cringe when college coaches openly endorse Black Lives Matter. I think very few people know what this actual group stands for or what it's endgame really is. But, questioning the group -- is out of the question -- and is only done by 'racists'.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 29, 2020, 01:05:02 PM »
At risk of being labeled a racist, I also cringe when college coaches openly endorse Black Lives Matter. I think very few people know what this actual group stands for or what it's endgame really is. But, questioning the group -- is out of the question -- and is only done by 'racists'.

it means that black lives matter, not terribly difficult to comprehend

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 29, 2020, 01:06:28 PM »

I agree with this

I tend to agree as well. The part that scares me in all of this is the idea that the 'state' would expel a young kid (or anyone for that matter) from a public school for something he says on Twitter. Maybe this kid in particular is a dumbass and/or a dirtbag, but the idea that a student at a public university is expelled based on speech is concerning. A lot of dumbasses and dirtbags go to school.. isn't that the purpose? Based on the first amendment related tweets that one of the athletes made after a meeting with KSU administration, it sounds like the administration tends to also agree.

Would you be okay if he said "Black lives matter" instead of "Black Lives Matter"? I think one can state that black lives matter without hitching one's wagon to all BLM-related activities for the rest of time.