Author Topic: Athletes Forcing Change  (Read 94679 times)

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Athletes Forcing Change
« Reply #125 on: June 29, 2020, 01:11:50 PM »
Also I have no idea how Bill would have reacted in this situation, if at all.  If I had to take a guess it would be not favorable.

Can you define "favorable"?

Favorable may not have been the best word choice, but not favorable in the sense he may have taken no action or statement at all.  This situation may be a bit outside of Bill's comfort zone and I don't think he would have liked the players threatening to boycott the game and team.  CK is in full support of the players and the movement.

I agree with this

I tend to agree as well. The part that scares me in all of this is the idea that the 'state' would expel a young kid (or anyone for that matter) from a public school for something he says on Twitter. Maybe this kid in particular is a dumbass and/or a dirtbag, but the idea that a student at a public university is expelled based on speech is concerning. A lot of dumbasses and dirtbags go to school.. isn't that the purpose? Based on the first amendment related tweets that one of the athletes made after a meeting with KSU administration, it sounds like the administration tends to also agree.

At risk of being labeled a racist, I also cringe when college coaches openly endorse Black Lives Matter. I think very few people know what this actual group stands for or what it's endgame really is. But, questioning the group -- is out of the question -- and is only done by 'racists'.

Would you be okay if he said "Black lives matter" instead of "Black Lives Matter"? I think one can state that black lives matter without hitching one's wagon to all BLM-related activities for the rest of time.

Yes.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2020, 01:16:05 PM »
What does BLM actually stand for and what is their eventual endgame?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 29, 2020, 01:18:38 PM »

My dad thinks they are a terror organization that aspires to nothing less than the complete breakdown of social order and white genocide.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 29, 2020, 01:21:57 PM »

My dad thinks they are a terror organization that aspires to nothing less than the complete breakdown of social order and white genocide.

there's probably a lot of dads and moms out there that feel the same way. probably a lot more than i want to think.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 29, 2020, 01:22:29 PM »
What's his texags handle?

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 29, 2020, 01:24:15 PM »
BLM's endgame is something i've been hyper-focused on decoding ever since so many of these black conspirators so conveniently decided to die.   what are these folks really up to?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2020, 01:25:50 PM »
guys I infiltrated the BLM cell and came back with some intel. sounds fishy

#BlackLivesMatter was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer. Black Lives Matter Foundation, Inc is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes. By combating and countering acts of violence, creating space for Black imagination and innovation, and centering Black joy, we are winning immediate improvements in our lives.

We are expansive. We are a collective of liberators who believe in an inclusive and spacious movement. We also believe that in order to win and bring as many people with us along the way, we must move beyond the narrow nationalism that is all too prevalent in Black communities. We must ensure we are building a movement that brings all of us to the front.

We affirm the lives of Black queer and trans folks, disabled folks, undocumented folks, folks with records, women, and all Black lives along the gender spectrum. Our network centers those who have been marginalized within Black liberation movements.

We are working for a world where Black lives are no longer systematically targeted for demise.

We affirm our humanity, our contributions to this society, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression.

The call for Black lives to matter is a rallying cry for ALL Black lives striving for liberation.

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2020, 01:35:21 PM »

#BlackLivesMatter was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer. Black Lives Matter Foundation, Inc is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes. By combating and countering acts of violence, creating space for Black imagination and innovation, and centering Black joy, we are winning immediate improvements in our lives.

We are expansive. We are a collective of liberators who believe in an inclusive and spacious movement. We also believe that in order to win and bring as many people with us along the way, we must move beyond the narrow nationalism that is all too prevalent in Black communities. We must ensure we are building a movement that brings all of us to the front.

We affirm the lives of Black queer and trans folks, disabled folks, undocumented folks, folks with records, women, and all Black lives along the gender spectrum. Our network centers those who have been marginalized within Black liberation movements.

We are working for a world where Black lives are no longer systematically targeted for demise.

We affirm our humanity, our contributions to this society, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression.

The call for Black lives to matter is a rallying cry for ALL Black lives striving for liberation.

You also don't have to read far to find anti-family and Marxist ideas.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/blm-co-founder-describes-herself-as-trained-marxist/

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2020, 01:41:25 PM »
Interesting, thanks for posting cRusty.

Few of those things really seem to be their mission statement now, recently the co-founder of BLM openly stated that their exclusive goal is to remove the signer of the  First Step Criminal Reform Act from office.   The same administration that's working on second chance for success initiatives (particularly for hiring into Federal jobs) pell grants for people in prison to continue their education etc. etc. etc.

Oh well, politics, man.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2020, 01:43:19 PM »

Few of those things really seem to be their mission statement now, recently the co-founder of BLM openly stated that their exclusive goal is to remove the signer of the  First Step Criminal Reform Act from office.   The same administration that's working on second chance for success initiatives (particularly for hiring into Federal jobs) pell grants for people in prison to continue their education etc. etc. etc.

Oh well, politics, man.

they're also anti-family

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 29, 2020, 01:46:19 PM »
Mods please change the thread title to athletes forcing racists to out themselves

And please don't forget to add, "and let MIR continue to be a bigot but everyone will just turn their heads"... 

I assume that’s because most people have not been offended by what MIR has said. Is there something specific you’re thinking of?

I'm sure when he uses the term honky or cracker he is just trying to get some good ole yucks from you guys so never mind.. :rolleyes:
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline ksuchris2000

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 29, 2020, 01:47:04 PM »

Oh well, politics, man.

they're also anti-family

It's on their website, not mine.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 29, 2020, 01:49:22 PM »

I for one will want some more information like, do you know if they have a flag?
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 29, 2020, 01:49:44 PM »
the point is that the org stands for more than the relatively narrow issue of ending police brutality or other bodily threats to black people, which is much broader than what I think most people are referring to when they say "black lives matter."

which is fine -- they're definitely allowed to stand (or not stand) for whatever they want.  but it's fair to draw a distinction between "black lives matter" and "Black Lives Matter."

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 29, 2020, 01:50:30 PM »
Stupid thing is, this dumbass k state kid tweeted a joke that was like a week old.
He just Must not be that bright,

Players are goin a tad overboard.  But Mainstream Media & Educational Indoctrination has trained them to push harder and harder.

like where does this even end?   Whats thier Utopia ?
im all for black lives matter. i'm all for letting the players speak their opinion more often. but its pretty obvious the players got caught up in the popular thing to do at the moment movement which is jump out at any borderline or outright thing in our life that could be perceived as racist or anti BLM. I"m not sure why anyone cares what one kid on twitter thinks when there are roughly 1 million kids on twitter saying racist and offensive things EVERY DAY! unfortunately for KSU this kid has the KSU logo on his twitter account otherwise the fb players would have never cared enough to speak up. i dont think the players needed to burn down our university reputation over something a single punk wrote on a social platform that is famous for disparaging uses. the players statements sounded very oppositional to the university. they apparently never even stopped long enough to think about what they were asking. then when they had a few hours to reflect on what they really wanted they asked for something that had already occurred several hours earlier in the day. the president and coaches condemned the tweet very early in that afternoon. the players are young and naive but need to learn to wield their power in a very deliberate manner with well thought out intentions. right now they are just jumping on the bandwagon and in my opinion hurting the group of people who are their biggest supporters

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 29, 2020, 01:52:23 PM »

Oh well, politics, man.

they're also anti-family

It's on their website, not mine.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

Monsters smdh

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 29, 2020, 01:53:41 PM »
Love thy neighbor is just a little too radical for this freedom lover

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 29, 2020, 02:04:05 PM »
Stupid thing is, this dumbass k state kid tweeted a joke that was like a week old.
He just Must not be that bright,

Players are goin a tad overboard.  But Mainstream Media & Educational Indoctrination has trained them to push harder and harder.

like where does this even end?   Whats thier Utopia ?
im all for black lives matter. i'm all for letting the players speak their opinion more often. but its pretty obvious the players got caught up in the popular thing to do at the moment movement which is jump out at any borderline or outright thing in our life that could be perceived as racist or anti BLM. I"m not sure why anyone cares what one kid on twitter thinks when there are roughly 1 million kids on twitter saying racist and offensive things EVERY DAY! unfortunately for KSU this kid has the KSU logo on his twitter account otherwise the fb players would have never cared enough to speak up. i dont think the players needed to burn down our university reputation over something a single punk wrote on a social platform that is famous for disparaging uses. the players statements sounded very oppositional to the university. they apparently never even stopped long enough to think about what they were asking. then when they had a few hours to reflect on what they really wanted they asked for something that had already occurred several hours earlier in the day. the president and coaches condemned the tweet very early in that afternoon. the players are young and naive but need to learn to wield their power in a very deliberate manner with well thought out intentions. right now they are just jumping on the bandwagon and in my opinion hurting the group of people who are their biggest supporters

the players are forcing the coaches and administration to make the university look good. They had an initial reaction, had meetings, and then came out with a new unified statement.

And who exactly are they hurting?

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 29, 2020, 02:05:05 PM »
So you are comfortable calling him a racist by association with a club you know nothing about and people you know nothing about but his tweet making light of Lloyd’s murder isn’t racist?
have u ever read what some of these guys write on twitter? they may try to avoid saying things that others could without a doubt call racist but there is no doubt at all they are there to stir up trouble with other people whether those other people are black or any other color. now whether ksu can find something to justify kicking him out i'm not sure. my personal preference would be to ignore the loser and let him die a quiet death but if its me i'm looking for something i can put in policy just for punks like him that want to start trouble that will make it very difficult for him to avoid crossing that line in future jerkiness. yes some might call it censoring and i'm not a lawyer but if the vast majority of the people find something offensive and someone repeatedly flaunts that offensiveness then i think they should at least be able to remove him from their organization.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 29, 2020, 02:11:09 PM »
So you are comfortable calling him a racist by association with a club you know nothing about and people you know nothing about but his tweet making light of Lloyd’s murder isn’t racist?
have u ever read what some of these guys write on twitter? they may try to avoid saying things that others could without a doubt call racist but there is no doubt at all they are there to stir up trouble with other people whether those other people are black or any other color. now whether ksu can find something to justify kicking him out i'm not sure. my personal preference would be to ignore the loser and let him die a quiet death but if its me i'm looking for something i can put in policy just for punks like him that want to start trouble that will make it very difficult for him to avoid crossing that line in future jerkiness. yes some might call it censoring and i'm not a lawyer but if the vast majority of the people find something offensive and someone repeatedly flaunts that offensiveness then i think they should at least be able to remove him from their organization.

this is what the players asked for

Offline kashi1965

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 29, 2020, 02:13:37 PM »
Well I very much disagree there
unless the boy has not had a phone, television or been out of the basement in the last month with no human contact which is not likely given he is tweeting on a social media platform then he is acutely aware of the current environment in this country. knowing he is aware of the environment it is certainly VERY reasonable to assume he knew he was being distasteful and purposely chose a now famous murdered black man to be the central figure of his "joke".
you know i dont really care if it didn't meet some required minimum criteria of racism. the kid is not stupid and is an absolute punk. anyone who doesn't agree with at least that is fooling themselves and has serious issues themselves. and i think someone needs to teach him a lesson whatever form that takes. but hopefully the kind that gets rid of him wearing our colors. he's got something bad coming his way sooner or later whether its from a policy standpoint or a greater authority

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2020, 02:14:48 PM »
Another big advantage of having a policy in place like the one I sketched earlier is that the university can simply say, "We have a policy in place and are adhering to it. For privacy reasons, we are not permitted to comment further."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2020, 02:19:40 PM »
Another big advantage of having a policy in place like the one I sketched earlier is that the university can simply say, "We have a policy in place and are adhering to it. For privacy reasons, we are not permitted to comment further."
Your policy wouldn't withstand constitutional scrutiny I don't think.  At least not if it was to be applied to negatively impact this kid's statement.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Athletes Forcing Change
« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2020, 02:21:19 PM »
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 29, 2020, 02:23:05 PM »
Well I very much disagree there
unless the boy has not had a phone, television or been out of the basement in the last month with no human contact which is not likely given he is tweeting on a social media platform then he is acutely aware of the current environment in this country. knowing he is aware of the environment it is certainly VERY reasonable to assume he knew he was being distasteful and purposely chose a now famous murdered black man to be the central figure of his "joke".
you know i dont really care if it didn't meet some required minimum criteria of racism. the kid is not stupid and is an absolute punk. anyone who doesn't agree with at least that is fooling themselves and has serious issues themselves. and i think someone needs to teach him a lesson whatever form that takes. but hopefully the kind that gets rid of him wearing our colors. he's got something bad coming his way sooner or later whether its from a policy standpoint or a greater authority

Maybe you meant to quote a different post because this response has nothing to do with what I said