Author Topic: 202x Coaching Carousel  (Read 89292 times)

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 202x Coaching Carousel
« Reply #1025 on: November 13, 2023, 04:55:30 PM »
Didn’t CK also support players speaking out against racial issues on campus. That seems like enough to get blackballed for the A&M gig.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: November 13, 2023, 05:11:32 PM »
What are the odds that Harbaugh is coaching Michigan next year?

Eh, fair I think. Can he find an NFL job?

Absolutely he can. How many available coaches will have "made it to a Super Bowl" on their resume?

I could see the Raiders being dumb enough to hire him

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: November 13, 2023, 05:28:00 PM »
Harbaugh to the NFL:

Likely openings:
Raiders (already are)
Bears
Chargers

Possible openings:
Patriots
Packers
Saints
Giants
Falcons maybe?

Who knows how long Pete Carrol wants to coach. I don't see Mike Tomlin changing anytime soon.

I bet someone would give Harbaugh another shot (which would be stupid)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: November 13, 2023, 05:42:50 PM »
If you guys think that A&M (or their donor base) want CK, you're crazy. No way they reach out to the levels of picking up coaches from KSU, KU, Tulane, etc. They'll go after a big/hot name and overspend like they always do.

I think you're probably right, because they want to keep that money pump flowing with their rich, dumb donors who should be focusing their philanthropy on things that actually matter (but it's a cult). And they'll continue to be mediocre for it. If aTm hired a CK or a LL who had the full support of the AD and UP (sorry for all the initialisms), they would seriously be a powerhouse. As it is, I'm sure they'll continue to throw good money after bad because big brother is back in town, and death is better than losing to Texas University.

Agreed which is why I can't wait for Urban Meyer and his Fully Guaranteed 10 year 150 million dollar contract.

(Although I do think there is a fair chance Urban could be successful at AM)

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: November 13, 2023, 05:47:32 PM »
Is Pierce not a legit candidate to get the raiders job?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: November 13, 2023, 05:50:59 PM »
I wonder if A&M already informally has a replacement. Not that it would be surprising if they blundered their way through a coaching search and ended up with someone shitty.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: November 13, 2023, 05:55:49 PM »
Is Pierce not a legit candidate to get the raiders job?

He definitely is, but their schedule now is Dolphins, Chiefs, Vikings, Chargers, Chiefs, Colts, Broncos. His two wins are the NY teams so I don't think that's going to be enough. Mark Davis is a weirdo. Total unknown.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: November 13, 2023, 06:11:29 PM »
If you guys think that A&M (or their donor base) want CK, you're crazy. No way they reach out to the levels of picking up coaches from KSU, KU, Tulane, etc. They'll go after a big/hot name and overspend like they always do.

Those dumb effs were broke when they left the Big XII and I would bet their on their way to blowing all their AD cash if not now it will be soon.

WOW!!!  I just found out that the dumbass AD who you would think has someone in mind; was presented at half-time Saturday by the A&M 12th Man Foundation with a huge oversized check for 160 million.  The next day the stupid eff Broak fired Jimbo since he is now loaded.  He also asked if the foundation would make the yearly buyout payments and they agreed.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: November 13, 2023, 06:35:28 PM »

I think you're probably right, because they want to keep that money pump flowing with their rich, dumb donors who should be focusing their philanthropy on things that actually matter (but it's a cult). And they'll continue to be mediocre for it. If aTm hired a CK or a LL who had the full support of the AD and UP (sorry for all the initialisms), they would seriously be a powerhouse. As it is, I'm sure they'll continue to throw good money after bad because big brother is back in town, and death is better than losing to Texas University.

Their donors use their money for academics, too. Like that time they ran off the lady who got hired to run their journalism department because she was black and used to work for the New York Times.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: November 13, 2023, 06:42:15 PM »

Their donors use their money for academics, too. Like that time they ran off the lady who got hired to run their journalism department because she was black and used to work for the New York Times.

And even worse ... from the University of Texas *gasp*

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: November 13, 2023, 07:21:02 PM »

Nobody thinks Klieman is going to be their coach. They don't always go after "a big/hot name and overspend." They've done that exactly once.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 13, 2023, 07:23:15 PM »
Didn’t CK also support players speaking out against racial issues on campus. That seems like enough to get blackballed for the A&M gig.

Yeah, kinda. Did wear BLM patches for a game though.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 13, 2023, 08:27:58 PM »

Nobody thinks Klieman is going to be their coach. They don't always go after "a big/hot name and overspend." They've done that exactly once.
Sumlin was a hot name at the time.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 13, 2023, 08:33:38 PM »

Since 2012, they've had Sumlin and Fisher.  It's enough to impress me that they find trendy coaches and overspend on them. 

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 13, 2023, 09:13:05 PM »

Agreed which is why I can't wait for Urban Meyer and his Fully Guaranteed 10 year 150 million dollar contract.

Actually Dabo would be the perfect AM hire. Past success? YES. Down home country boy aw shucks demeanor? YES. Fading at his current job and maybe looking for one last generational pay day? YES.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 13, 2023, 09:51:38 PM »
Harbaugh at the patriots is the villan the nfl needs
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 13, 2023, 10:00:19 PM »

He was the head coach at Houston, they weren't even in the AAC then. He was a CUSA coach, essentially Neil Brown. When he was hired he was the lowest paid coach in the SEC. Jimbo was three years removed from writing the national championship. Sorry to belabor the point but those two guys were no where close to the same candidate.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 13, 2023, 10:13:02 PM »

He was the head coach at Houston, they weren't even in the AAC then. He was a CUSA coach, essentially Neil Brown. When he was hired he was the lowest paid coach in the SEC. Jimbo was three years removed from writing the national championship. Sorry to belabor the point but those two guys were no where close to the same candidate.

They did money whip jackie sherrill from pitt in the 80's (when pitt was good) and stole ole dennis from bama(sanctions etc but they still stole a coach from BAMA)....seems like they have a pattern of lashing out and paying for headlines once every 20ish years...I'm thinking Elko is the next coach at A&M and the aggies will still aggie.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 13, 2023, 10:32:45 PM »

Actually Dabo would be the perfect AM hire. Past success? YES. Down home country boy aw shucks demeanor? YES. Fading at his current job and maybe looking for one last generational pay day? YES.
Agree Dabo would be a great fit for them.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: November 14, 2023, 07:53:29 AM »

Agree Dabo would be a great fit for them.
Yeah, Dabo would be rough ridin' perfect.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 14, 2023, 08:18:06 AM »
Coach Prime would be perfect:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 14, 2023, 08:26:10 AM »
eff, if a sane person were leading aTm’s coaching search they would be looking to hire someone who can just flat out coach, and who gives a crap what their record is on recruiting.  Pay crap money and dare them to make you extend them.

Doesn't that fit the profile of Lance Lightpole and Klieman?
people need to quit using klieman and leipold’s names interchangeably.  klieman has done things to deserve some mention in the conversations, leipold has finished 10th and 7th in the b12.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 14, 2023, 08:35:44 AM »
If, IF, aTm hired the Meadowlark, we should totally hire Jimbo.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 14, 2023, 08:41:28 AM »
He was bang average at Florida State without Jameis and their fans blamed his shitty roster management for the issues they had after he left.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 14, 2023, 10:10:45 AM »
Deion and A&M is like oil and water.  Deion deserves way better than that  :opcat: heap of a fanbase.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.