Author Topic: 202x Coaching Carousel  (Read 87887 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 202x Coaching Carousel
« Reply #826 on: December 04, 2022, 11:27:43 PM »
https://twitter.com/northtexaseagle/status/1599575528578899968

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
Man, between him and Gottlieb we here at goEMAW really know how to pick them. I've noticed it's been at while since @Trim has mentioned Amy Button-Renz.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: December 05, 2022, 12:01:52 AM »
https://twitter.com/northtexaseagle/status/1599575528578899968

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
Man, between him and Gottlieb we here at goEMAW really know how to pick them. I've noticed it's been at while since @Trim has mentioned Amy Button-Renz.

Close enough.

I'd read a blog entry of winters of some longtime gE'r going on and staying on that alumni association trip all the way through.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: December 05, 2022, 06:58:08 AM »

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: December 05, 2022, 07:00:18 AM »
Damn, they did get a sitting P5. Carousel keeps spinning.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: December 05, 2022, 07:04:04 AM »
Kind of a Holgo to Houston move

Offline konofo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: December 05, 2022, 07:26:37 AM »
That was B12 to AAC (at the time), an obvious step down.  This is ACC to B12, quite the opposite.

kono

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: December 05, 2022, 10:25:12 AM »
That was B12 to AAC (at the time), an obvious step down.  This is ACC to B12, quite the opposite.

kono

I think he means job reset. Satterfield was definitely not beloved by his fan base, he's only one game above .500 Weird move by Cincinnati.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 05, 2022, 11:19:00 AM »

kono

I think he means job reset. Satterfield was definitely not beloved by his fan base, he's only one game above .500 Weird move by Cincinnati.

Will Brohm go to UL? Seems like he would want to but their AD is a dumpster fire.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: December 05, 2022, 09:23:52 PM »

kono

Will Brohm go to UL? Seems like he would want to but their AD is a dumpster fire.

Those rumors have been there for a while. I don't know why he'd want to leave Purdue for Louisville but it's home and maybe it's easier to get players there, dunno.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: December 05, 2022, 09:27:28 PM »

kono

Those rumors have been there for a while. I don't know why he'd want to leave Purdue for Louisville but it's home and maybe it's easier to get players there, dunno.

I can't imagine the location trumps big 10 money but yeah who knows

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: December 05, 2022, 10:19:18 PM »

kono

I can't imagine the location trumps big 10 money but yeah who knows

That money doesn't make Purdue any less rural Indiana. They also can't use any institutional money for NIL. I don't imagine that Purdue has a significantly higher nil collective war chest than Louisville.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: December 07, 2022, 08:53:35 AM »

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: December 07, 2022, 11:17:50 AM »
Sounds like Brohm is gone to Louisville. 6mm/yr. Purdue either decided he wasn’t worth that, or was confident they can hire someone better.

My entire extended family, including my parents, went to Purdue (I grew a massive Purdue fan). They’re all certain Klieman is high on the list there. Don’t think he’d be interested, but you never know.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: December 07, 2022, 12:12:00 PM »
I’m not sure we can get into an arms race with the SEC or B10 teams on HC salary but the market salary for Klieman if he were willing to move schools would probably be around 8M or more.

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: December 07, 2022, 12:42:26 PM »
Sounds like Brohm is gone to Louisville. 6mm/yr. Purdue either decided he wasn’t worth that, or was confident they can hire someone better.

My entire extended family, including my parents, went to Purdue (I grew a massive Purdue fan). They’re all certain Klieman is high on the list there. Don’t think he’d be interested, but you never know.

Interesting.  Half the wife's fam are Purdue grads, and BiL is a big (bball mostly) fan.  That would be a pretty favorable hire in his eyes; be interesting to see what any of the rest of the fam thinks.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: December 07, 2022, 12:56:16 PM »
Don't get UAB hiring Trent Dilfer, but  :dunno:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 07, 2022, 01:05:09 PM »

Would be interesting. Kind of crazy that since Snyder 1.0 we never had a FB coach who was a serious flight risk. Kleiman has a strong AD relationship and could be positioned to sit atop the Big 12 for a while, but agree with WW that there will be salaries we just can’t match if that’s what he’s after.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: December 07, 2022, 01:18:22 PM »

Would be interesting. Kind of crazy that since Snyder 1.0 we never had a FB coach who was a serious flight risk. Kleiman has a strong AD relationship and could be positioned to sit atop the Big 12 for a while, but agree with WW that there will be salaries we just can’t match if that’s what he’s after.

I think we'll get his next contract to average 6m/yr. If a school from the big 10 wants to pay him 8+ then yeah I'm not sure we'll be able to match that. But, if the rumors are true he only wants to coach for another 5ish years, I doubt he wants to spend those 5 years building another program. I dunno, maybe he loves doing that. If I was him I'd make another 30+ million here, try to win as many big 12 championships as I could, and get my own damn statue outside the stadium.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
202x Coaching Carousel
« Reply #844 on: December 07, 2022, 01:21:06 PM »
I hasn’t heard that rumor. If true (and good on him if so) then I think he’s ours for the remainder. With a 12 team playoff on the way, Kleiman’s best chance of getting a natty before he retires is at Cats U.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: December 07, 2022, 01:34:33 PM »
As we made pretty clear, head coach Chris Klieman was a very wanted man by Nebraska during the search. When the Huskers were turned away initially by Matt Rhule and made it a national search, the Kansas State coach was at the top of the list.

Multiple sources, from inside and outside the program, believe that he was likely the number one candidate for Trev Alberts when he realized Rhule was not attainable at first. However, that does not mean that meaningful conversations took place.

In fact, they didn’t. While Nebraska was prepared to offer him a significant contract, Klieman and his representation made it very clear from the onset that they had no interest in the job in Lincoln, and that was due to all the blood, sweat and tears he poured in to the K-State job for four years.

The below video illustrates that. And Klieman made that clear to those around him as well. He has every intention of making the Kansas State job his last one in college football. They are very excited for bowl prep, to open up the new practice facility and to finish the recruiting cycle with a bang.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: December 07, 2022, 01:36:27 PM »
As we made pretty clear, head coach Chris Klieman was a very wanted man by Nebraska during the search. When the Huskers were turned away initially by Matt Rhule and made it a national search, the Kansas State coach was at the top of the list.

Multiple sources, from inside and outside the program, believe that he was likely the number one candidate for Trev Alberts when he realized Rhule was not attainable at first. However, that does not mean that meaningful conversations took place.

In fact, they didn’t. While Nebraska was prepared to offer him a significant contract, Klieman and his representation made it very clear from the onset that they had no interest in the job in Lincoln, and that was due to all the blood, sweat and tears he poured in to the K-State job for four years.

The below video illustrates that. And Klieman made that clear to those around him as well. He has every intention of making the Kansas State job his last one in college football. They are very excited for bowl prep, to open up the new practice facility and to finish the recruiting cycle with a bang.

listen I'll believe it when I see it

Incidentally Klieman is a month and a half younger than Coach Prime

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: December 07, 2022, 01:44:03 PM »
K-State can and should match whatever Purdue offers Kleiman.

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: December 07, 2022, 01:50:21 PM »
I mean, if we can afford to pay $6 million, we can afford $8 million. You guys are acting like Purdue is paying $20 million or something.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: December 07, 2022, 02:01:32 PM »
I think we pay what HCCK needs to stay, and make sure we have enough in the assistant pool to make sure OCCK stays as well.

I'd like to do whatever we can to keep this staff together as much as possible for the next few years to see what they can build off of.