Author Topic: 202x Coaching Carousel  (Read 88917 times)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: 202x Coaching Carousel
« Reply #875 on: December 09, 2022, 09:10:41 PM »
Frank Martin has shown we can lose a coach to a place like Purdue. But I think Klieman and Gene have a slightly better relationship than Frank and Currie.
Excellent points

I think there was pressure coming from some large doners that didn`t like Frank's antics. Frank said "adios".

The situations aren't even remotely close. Frank went to South Carolina because of things having nothing to do with on field items, money, or resources. If Chris Klieman had a contentious relationship with his athletic director and a segment of the donor base, no one would be surprised if he left for Purdue. What makes this scenario laughable is because he has a low pressure job, which he's achieved success, with a boss who he has a wonderful relationship with and a fan and donor base who universally loves him. He's got what seems to be a pro quarterback returning, and seemingly a generational quarterback in his best recruiting class. He wouldn't be making more money and he wouldn't be getting better facilities or a better recruiting base.

The Purdue thing was laughable and made no sense because, right now, there's no reason for him to take that job, just like Frank wouldn't have taken the South Carolina job in April 2010.

Klieman is the prefect fit for KSU and the donors, they love him and will pay to keep him as long as he produces min 8-9 wins a year. I believe him when he says this is his last coaching gig, and how could you have a better situation than he has here as long as the mustang is AD.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: December 09, 2022, 09:16:02 PM »
Kansas State is a destination job
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: December 11, 2022, 07:20:46 PM »
Damn, hope he gets better.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: December 11, 2022, 08:29:50 PM »
The rumor mill on social media and reddit is extremely negative for Leach.  Hoping for some good news. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: December 11, 2022, 09:14:45 PM »
The rumor mill on social media and reddit is extremely negative for Leach.  Hoping for some good news.
Seems to be the person people are referencing for updates (mostly behind the 247 paywall though).

https://twitter.com/robbiefaulk247/status/1602127375722061826?s=20&t=7W4KsBvgoljUop6I0VCWFQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: December 11, 2022, 09:41:54 PM »
Word out of Mississippi from those that know hospital specialization is leaning toward severe stroke.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: December 11, 2022, 09:44:50 PM »

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: December 11, 2022, 09:51:35 PM »
This is truly sad.  Just wondering what his ailment is.  Really hope he makes it.  T's and P's for him.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: December 11, 2022, 09:55:57 PM »
An argument against mike leach right now.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: December 11, 2022, 09:56:11 PM »
Terrible for his family, but I have a suspicion that the Pirate would rather go like this than end up in a nursing home.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: December 11, 2022, 09:57:23 PM »
An argument against mike leach right now.
Definitely something that needs to be considered

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: December 11, 2022, 10:14:53 PM »
at 61 years of age, he’s much younger than I thought

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: December 11, 2022, 10:33:57 PM »
Seems to be the person people are referencing for updates (mostly behind the 247 paywall though).

https://twitter.com/robbiefaulk247/status/1602127375722061826?s=20&t=7W4KsBvgoljUop6I0VCWFQ

Weird to see the people with sources and claims of details.  Lile that's fine for finding flight tail numbers and speculating on cruits.  But the I live a block away from the hospital and know people who know people or I know things but HIPPA.... Gmafb. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: December 11, 2022, 10:37:40 PM »

Weird to see the people with sources and claims of details.  Lile that's fine for finding flight tail numbers and speculating on cruits.  But the I live a block away from the hospital and know people who know people or I know things but HIPPA.... Gmafb.

agreed, it's weird that people just can't shut the eff up and feel the need to be first about insignificant crap

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: December 13, 2022, 10:47:45 AM »
The 10 - 15 minute response time by EMS to Leach's house is hard to understand.  Is Starkville public services that poorly funded?  Shave 5 - 7 minutes off that response time, and Leach would have had a chance at living and recovery.  My neighbor in JoCo had a heart attack and seizure in October like Leach, but response time by EMS was 5 minutes.  Saw neighbor out taking a walk yesterday.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: December 13, 2022, 11:52:00 AM »
Does he have any ties to Purdue? Their fans seem oddly confident he would seriously consider it. I know they're not a bad program but they are meh city, imo

No. These mediocre Big 10 and SEC programs have a very inflated sense of what they are because all of the media hype and self-fellating. It's a lateral move and they aren't going to pay him any more than we would. They just lost their coach to Louisville but they think they are going to take K-State's coach, it's an insane level of delusion.

OK, makes sense. I don't think it's smart to puff out the chests too much and laugh in their faces on twitter about it, as it seems like its tempting the gods. I will continue to laugh at them behind their backs tho

These bozos ended up having to hire the Illinois DC :lol: no wonder their bloggers were creaming themselves over Klieman. Could you imagine us hiring Iowa State's DC as our head coach :Yuck:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: December 27, 2022, 07:01:35 PM »
Ed Reed taking over at Bethune-Cookman. Nice
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: December 31, 2022, 07:36:25 PM »
Sonny Dykes to some SEC team sometime.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: December 31, 2022, 07:43:19 PM »
Sonny Dykes to some SEC team sometime.
would be incredibly dumb move on his part because of exactly where he has his team rn

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #896 on: December 31, 2022, 07:46:46 PM »
The Chin vs The Mole is going to be a Big 12 battle for many years to come.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: December 31, 2022, 07:47:08 PM »
I don’t see it happening. He’s at the best program in the new big 12 and they can match any offer.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: December 31, 2022, 08:31:34 PM »
I remember a few years ago TCU gave Sweaty Gary a new contract that started at 5 million per year, not including incentives.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile