Author Topic: The riot to reform police thread  (Read 111817 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: The riot to reform police thread
« Reply #1775 on: September 24, 2020, 10:27:41 AM »
Chief:  Daniels, what smells like crap in here?
officer daniels: hi chief.  Me and the fellas found a large box of crap outside and we had to post it on social media so we drug that large box of feces inside!
Chief: smdh

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: September 24, 2020, 10:28:59 AM »
It's a modern day Trojan Horse.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: September 24, 2020, 10:37:54 AM »
Chief:  Daniels, what smells like crap in here?
officer daniels: hi chief.  Me and the fellas found a large box of crap outside and we had to post it on social media so we drug that large box of feces inside!
Chief: smdh

Super Troopers scene

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: September 24, 2020, 11:06:22 AM »
shitting up your police station to own the libs

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1779 on: September 24, 2020, 11:12:15 AM »
These dudes are so awful and dangerous.

https://twitter.com/Baligubadle1/status/1308827413330173952
It wasn't sunny yesterday in Louisville. That video is likely from a month ago.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: September 24, 2020, 01:51:36 PM »
If you’re looking to be even more depressed, check out the comments where people are using the incident as a platform to argue white privilege doesn’t exist.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: September 24, 2020, 02:11:50 PM »
which sucks worse?

most cops or most white people???

:confused:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: September 24, 2020, 02:27:18 PM »
The mother asked the cops to help her out with her son. I'm not sure what she expected to happen, but I would never ask the cops to help me out with anyone I didn't want to get shot 11 times.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: September 24, 2020, 02:33:40 PM »
The mother asked the cops to help her out with her son. I'm not sure what she expected to happen, but I would never ask the cops to help me out with anyone I didn't want to get shot 11 times.
Which is really mumped up!

Also I'm not sure there was anyone but cops available to help her

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: September 24, 2020, 02:40:00 PM »
Yeah, it sure would be nice if we could talk about reforming the police without half of the country treating that conversation as some sort of personal attack.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: September 24, 2020, 02:40:56 PM »
Someone (@MakeItRain ?) posted this with a tweet or news article in another thread. I can't find the exact story, but the one I did find quoted the officers on body cam discussing how to proceed. One even voiced something like "shouldn't they be calling social services. I don't want to have to shoot this kid," or something like that.

This article has some of that, but not the in-depth quotes lifted from the LEOs body cam footage.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2020/09/09/salt-lake-police-shot/
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: September 24, 2020, 02:43:18 PM »
yeah well who is going to shoot your teenage son in the back when you call for help if we abolish the police???

really makes you think...

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: September 24, 2020, 03:49:48 PM »
Yeah, sorry domestic violence victims. We’ll let you choose your murderer but that’s about it.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: September 24, 2020, 04:08:06 PM »
Someone (@MakeItRain ?) posted this with a tweet or news article in another thread. I can't find the exact story, but the one I did find quoted the officers on body cam discussing how to proceed. One even voiced something like "shouldn't they be calling social services. I don't want to have to shoot this kid," or something like that.

This article has some of that, but not the in-depth quotes lifted from the LEOs body cam footage.

Body cam footage released

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/09/21/bodycam-shows-salt-lake/

One officer is heard on the footage asking why they should be doing an “approach” into Linden’s home for a “psych problem.”

“We could call sergeant,” she said, according to the body camera footage. “And tell him the situation. Because I’m not about to get in a shooting because he’s upset.”

“Yeah,” another officer, who later shot Linden, replied. “Especially when he hates cops, it’s going to end in a shooting.”

Something’s gotta change with responses to mental health issues.  My friend that died last month didn’t commit suicide on his own, it was suicide by cop.  He was armed, but there had to be another option besides a shot to the head.  Now that friend’s 14 yr old autistic son is really struggling and sometimes acting out physically.  Who’s going to respond if a family member calls for help?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: September 24, 2020, 04:42:48 PM »

Body cam footage released

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/09/21/bodycam-shows-salt-lake/

One officer is heard on the footage asking why they should be doing an “approach” into Linden’s home for a “psych problem.”

“We could call sergeant,” she said, according to the body camera footage. “And tell him the situation. Because I’m not about to get in a shooting because he’s upset.”

“Yeah,” another officer, who later shot Linden, replied. “Especially when he hates cops, it’s going to end in a shooting.”

Something’s gotta change with responses to mental health issues.  My friend that died last month didn’t commit suicide on his own, it was suicide by cop.  He was armed, but there had to be another option besides a shot to the head.  Now that friend’s 14 yr old autistic son is really struggling and sometimes acting out physically.  Who’s going to respond if a family member calls for help?

Yeah, the quotes from the cops are pretty saddening.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: September 24, 2020, 05:44:29 PM »
If you’re looking to be even more depressed, check out the comments where people are using the incident as a platform to argue white privilege doesn’t exist.

Constantly bringing up white privilege is stupid and almost certainly hurts police reform efforts.  Cops have shown they have no problem shooting white people or anyone they think is out of line, threatening etc.  Most broke, blue collar white people don’t want to hear about white privilege so the left is just alienating them by constantly bringing it up.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: September 24, 2020, 10:37:54 PM »

Constantly bringing up white privilege is stupid and almost certainly hurts police reform efforts.  Cops have shown they have no problem shooting white people or anyone they think is out of line, threatening etc.  Most broke, blue collar white people don’t want to hear about white privilege so the left is just alienating them by constantly bringing it up.

Because stupid people don't understand what white privilege is we should just stop talking about it? If anything hurts police reform and/or equity issues it's that we can't deal with this stuff honestly because white people are always getting their feelings hurt.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: September 24, 2020, 11:20:10 PM »

Because stupid people don't understand what white privilege is we should just stop talking about it? If anything hurts police reform and/or equity issues it's that we can't deal with this stuff honestly because white people are always getting their feelings hurt.

Yes, unless u want to lose votes all while accomplishing absolutely nothing.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: September 24, 2020, 11:31:23 PM »

Yes, unless u want to lose votes all while accomplishing absolutely nothing.

I don't believe in incrementalism, so I don't give a crap. The message of "just shut up so poor white people will vote for moderates that won't make the changes needed to be made, so they won't offend these same poor white people" seems like a position that won't move the needle for people who feel like change is needed.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: September 25, 2020, 12:46:02 AM »

As evidenced by the comments I referred to, liberals bringing up white privilege does not hurt police reform efforts. But racists caring more about being racist than reforming police definitely does.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: October 11, 2020, 03:21:37 PM »
Those two, clearly deranged dirtbags, will get to be cops somewhere else.