Author Topic: No 2020 College Football :-(  (Read 94679 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: No 2020 College Football :-(
« Reply #375 on: July 09, 2020, 09:38:46 PM »
Regional? Like WVU playing TTU?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 09, 2020, 09:44:32 PM »
an idea I had is for espn to search games from each team from the past 15 or so years and find their best non-cons and conference games, then patch them together as a regular "all-star game" season and air them as if they were a normal football saturday.
k-state vs usc, miami, and another non con, then our kickass conference wins would obvs be ours

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 09, 2020, 09:48:50 PM »

Keep it conference to conference testing. WV is a low state for positive cases. Private plane, game-to-game. No non con makes sense for in conference play.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 10, 2020, 10:20:58 AM »
Keep it conference to conference testing. WV is a low state for positive cases. Private plane, game-to-game. No non con makes sense for in conference play.

should work out fine since there aren't any states that have Div 1 schools in different conferences. Indiana, Iowa, Texas, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky...all examples of states that fit that mold.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 10, 2020, 10:27:59 AM »
If anything, games further away from home would be safer because fewer fans would travel.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 10, 2020, 10:46:29 AM »
maybe the cats could just play in state schools.. ku, washburn, emporia state, pittsburg, some jucos. just a battle for the sunflower state

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 10, 2020, 10:58:26 AM »
maybe the cats could just play in state schools.. ku, washburn, emporia state, pittsburg, some jucos. just a battle for the sunflower state

that is honestly an incredibly horny idea

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 10, 2020, 10:59:07 AM »
50 schools could hang a giant banner at the end of the year. And would forever be kings of the state. And KU would be happy as well because they'd finish at least .500.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 10, 2020, 01:28:39 PM »
We'd travel well to Hays, Emporia, and Topeka too. 

Maybe we can set a record for most fans traveling inside state lines. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 10, 2020, 01:30:08 PM »
Maybe we can set a record for most fans traveling inside state lines.

lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 10, 2020, 01:46:57 PM »
Play ku 12 times, then we won't have to wait as long to hear the head to head smack talk crap from them. Even if you lose to them once or twice you'd gain massively on them.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 10, 2020, 02:01:16 PM »
Let all other conferences cancel and then crown the big 12 champ as national champs.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 10, 2020, 02:51:08 PM »
HuskerExtraSip is an epic handle

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 10, 2020, 09:47:23 PM »
I've changed my mind on this, I want them to play and I like the conference only model. Not playing football will have implications on these universities that may be irreversible. I think the schools should be online only and the campuses should be used as bubbles for fall sports athletes. The students report after Labor Day and the sports start in October. Winter sports would also be conference only, starting in January with the thought that campuses would be able to safely open by then.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: July 10, 2020, 09:54:29 PM »
I agree 100% that the not playing football will be devastating to the universities. And I honestly bet it happens in some format (DESPITE MY STILL PRESCIENT CALL THAT IT WOULD NOT). But, there is a zero percent chance a general student population doesn't return to (most) campus this fall. there is not an appetite for it from the students, their parents, the government, or the institutions. The only ones who DO have that desire generally don't have money in the pot (there are exceptions obv). It being the "Right" thing to do is a tertiary factor unfortunately.

As a separate point I'm glad it's a wake up call for universities relying on sports revenue so much now, leading into player professionalism, which will happen.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 10, 2020, 10:05:24 PM »
Have a Kansas cup modeled after the FA Cup. Just let anyone in the damn thing. Yes it would be a great morale boost for KU

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 10, 2020, 10:20:46 PM »
I agree 100% that the not playing football will be devastating to the universities. And I honestly bet it happens in some format (DESPITE MY STILL PRESCIENT CALL THAT IT WOULD NOT). But, there is a zero percent chance a general student population doesn't return to (most) campus this fall. there is not an appetite for it from the students, their parents, the government, or the institutions. The only ones who DO have that desire generally don't have money in the pot (there are exceptions obv). It being the "Right" thing to do is a tertiary factor unfortunately.

As a separate point I'm glad it's a wake up call for universities relying on sports revenue so much now, leading into player professionalism, which will happen.

It's really the right thing for the universities to do, keep students off campus. I don't think any of these schools have the money or time to keep these students safe. A local district here put half a mile of plexiglass in one high school. How will they manage that on a campus with dozens of buildings and resident halls? That's not even taking into account that they don't have the ability to quarantine the students before they arrive on campus or do it for two weeks on campus before classes start. If these campuses open they will all be super spreader greenhouses.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 10, 2020, 10:28:57 PM »
Idk about all that, but what I DO know is that Mustang needs to call out Bama and Clemson now for one game to decide the season.

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 11, 2020, 12:02:43 AM »
:lol: BYU won’t have a season after everyone goes conference only

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2020/07/10/byu-loses-three-more/

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 11, 2020, 12:31:51 AM »
A conference only season is exciting to think about but it reeks of desperation

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 11, 2020, 02:42:02 AM »

If we go conference only it makes sense to bring them in for a year to get to 10 games.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 11, 2020, 07:54:22 AM »

If we go conference only it makes sense to bring them in for a year to get to 10 games.
Not gonna lie, I would get a lot of petty satisfaction to see ND with no games this season.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 11, 2020, 08:12:52 AM »

It's really the right thing for the universities to do, keep students off campus. I don't think any of these schools have the money or time to keep these students safe. A local district here put half a mile of plexiglass in one high school. How will they manage that on a campus with dozens of buildings and resident halls? That's not even taking into account that they don't have the ability to quarantine the students before they arrive on campus or do it for two weeks on campus before classes start. If these campuses open they will all be super spreader greenhouses.
I can only speak with knowledge about one school but they absolutely want students on campus. They know they won’t get away with charging full tuition without it. And can’t afford the sunk capital costs with nobody on campus. And obviously they know they probably won’t be able to suckle on the football teet to make up for it. Most of what is being done is just using auditorium, arena, etc space for classrooms to social distance and getting weird with the schedule. They aren’t retrofitting every room with dividers or anything.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 11, 2020, 08:27:55 AM »
The crisis this week was looking up every foreign registered student and making sure they had enrolled in at least 1 on campus course so our big dumb president didn’t try to deport them. Foreign students pay a gigantic portion of tuition since they are the only ones that really pay “full” price.