Author Topic: first car/truck thread  (Read 6530 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
first car/truck thread
« on: April 10, 2020, 10:19:49 PM »
I was obviously forced to drive a ton of ancient f150s for a bit but at like 15 I bought this lightly used POA. got a loan from the local bank. $225 a month. remember the payment coupons. rough ridin' sick. it was fast AF. burnout city. got a clarion cd player and some polk pounders. overdrive pulley on the supercharger. hypertech performance module. flowmasters. holy crap guys. wow.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: first car/truck thread
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 10:24:35 PM »
I remember the tire size by heart. 225-60-16. because of the burnouts. sick. AF. unfortunate amount of tires.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 10:49:44 PM »

manual transmission on this baby

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 10:56:45 PM »

:gocho:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 10:58:31 PM »

manual transmission on this baby

how amazing that this guy is taking the picture trying to sell the car and leaves the donut on.

just like "eff it, I know the customer buying this piece of crap won't care."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2020, 10:59:30 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2020, 11:40:37 PM »
My dad gave me a 20 year-old car that he bought new but mostly sat around and had only 54,000 miles on it. Everywhere I went, there was some dude who was into muscle cars and would want to talk to me about the engine. I knew absolutely nothing about it. New JVC stereo and speakers.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2020, 12:31:34 AM »

I had this car (66 mustang) but it was shittier. Bought it from a guy in Pratt who put an ad in the Wichita Eagle. i think it was like $4000 which was chump change after a few summers plowing

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2020, 12:32:41 AM »
Also a supercoupe is a great Meade car. Modern but fast as crap, muscleheads can't eff with you

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2020, 12:49:26 AM »

‘88 Regal Gran Sport.  With tinted windows and 4-seater configuration, this Buick was no family sedan  :driving:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2020, 01:02:21 AM »
that looks like mexico.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2020, 08:29:29 AM »
1964 Chevrolet C10 pickup (not as nice as this one)
Fleetside, short bed, 3 speed manual, straight 6. $1200 from some farmer in MO. All original but we had a new seat put in iirc

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2020, 08:29:58 AM »
It was an absolute old guy magnet

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2020, 08:38:54 AM »
Everywhere I went, there was some dude who was into muscle cars and would want to talk to me about the engine.

In hindsight, they probably wanted me to pop open the hood like Matthew McConaughey in Dazed and Confused.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2020, 08:52:54 AM »
1980 Ford Bronco.  TomDad bought it new my junior year of high school. 

It became his going to the cow sale vehicle, and i had to haul my sister to school, otherwise i benefited from his position we didnt have time to mess with a used car.  Pretty sure it was a farm tax write off too.

The story of legend is on my 18th birthday my cousin shamed me into going 4 wheeling.  He made fun of me having never had that Bronco off the black top or the front rims locked in.  So we headed to the Clinton Lake area and cut loose late that night and buried that Bronco in a watery mudhole on corps of engineer land (posted No Vehicles allowed $500 fine).  We had to walk 3 miles to his house and sneak the tractor out of the barn to go pull it out with like 3 log chains.  The most scared i ever was about how much trouble i was in.  I had followed in his pick up, friend in Bronco,  and cousin on tractor I thought we were home free driving back to the road.  I ran over a stump and tore the oil filter off his pick up.  Not realizing i was leaking oil drove back to his farm where that pick up was now smoking and sputtering and died right there. So I guess the joke was on my cousin who had to explain to his dad why Tom just ruined the engine on his farm truck.

Frosh year at KState you could not have a  vehicle so my sister became default owner... she hated driving it cause it was a "guys vehicle."

It had standard rims with plastic wheel covers which i hated.  That sounds unappreciative now looking back, but it was 1980s so big hair and big tires on your truck were in.  Dad said if i mamaged to make it thru first year at KState we would upgrade rims and it was mine.  To everyone's surprise I managed a 3.0 that frosh year so he let me  buy these sweet white rims to go with the red/white paint scheme before heading back to Manhattan my soph year.

The wife and I traded it in on a Isuzu Trooper :( around 1990.  Regret not keeping that bronco every day.

This pic is one that was for sale a few years ago that looked exactly like mine.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 08:57:33 AM by KST8FAN »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2020, 08:53:37 AM »
Tom, that is incredible

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2020, 08:57:18 AM »
I had a 1979 blazer. yellow. incredibly badass. we'd ramp it on like giant dips (where the water runoff goes on the road in rural towns). sheriff pulled me over and yelled at me for it. not like I'm in the driver seat getting yelled at but like "come back to my police SUV so you can get a real yelling at". cool guy though, didn't get a ticket or arrested or anything. we'd also take the top off all the time. my GF rolled the crap out of it one day. I ended up way in the back after doing my best imitation of a sock in the dryer.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2020, 09:02:11 AM »
next most badass sled I had was a 1997 Wrangler Sahara. green. do the grills like jeeps or is that just a myth. it's not a myth folks. basically couldn't keep it off of me. 24/7/365 puss. I get it grills, you love the jeep and my dong by association but chill. ok, don't chill. but you know what I mean.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2020, 09:03:37 AM »
after that it has been all reasonable high JD Power and Consumer Reports review snooze-mobiles  :frown:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2020, 09:05:21 AM »
I was obviously forced to drive a ton of ancient f150s for a bit but at like 15 I bought this lightly used POA. got a loan from the local bank. $225 a month. remember the payment coupons. rough ridin' sick. it was fast AF. burnout city. got a clarion cd player and some polk pounders. overdrive pulley on the supercharger. hypertech performance module. flowmasters. holy crap guys. wow.

also I got a speeding ticket for 117 in a construction zone in this thing. lmao.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2020, 09:06:13 AM »
Tom, that is incredible
Again this was 1980s.  The first thing my dad did when he got home was have me help pull the seat buckles out of the bench seat so "they dont poke you in the ass." 

I do remember putting them back once i was logging miles to and from Manhattan... seat belt laws were just becoming a thing.  I googled it Kansas seat belt law passed July 1986.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2020, 09:08:12 AM »
your dad was basically customizing it for back seat carnal romance. what a time to be alive.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2020, 10:12:02 AM »

92 cavalier. 4 banger stick shift but fairly light and fast. Some 12" Rockfords in the trunk. Rev limit cut out around 110
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
first car/truck thread
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2020, 11:50:18 AM »
Had a white 1996 Toyota Camry that I learned to drive a stick with left handed while my mom drove. Eventually when I started driving it had to switch to right handed. I bought a big ass spoiler to put on the back but never ended up getting it attached.  My second car was the exact same model just tan instead of white.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2020, 12:23:48 PM »
That’s a murderer’s row of certified p’wagons SD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.