Author Topic: first car/truck thread  (Read 6607 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: first car/truck thread
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2020, 12:39:11 PM »

'95 Civic del Sol. Like this one, except blue with badass decals on the side, and lacking the random cell phone on the hood. Bought it with MY OWN MONEY at 15 and learned how to drive stick on the 40 mile journey home. You literally lift the hard top off and slide it into a special rack in the trunk. The rear window slides down, and there are two hidden, locked compartments behind the seats for storing additional contraband. Also, only two seats, so you usually never got stuck driving the gang around.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2020, 01:01:22 PM »
1964 Ford stepside.

Mine wasn’t in the this good of shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2020, 01:02:36 PM »
Followed it up with this aircraft carrier.

1979 Thunderbird

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2020, 01:31:31 PM »
a del sol's a fantastic first car but don't know how spracne made his fortune at such a young age!

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2020, 01:37:43 PM »
a del sol's a fantastic first car but don't know how spracne made his fortune at such a young age!

Started teaching guitar lessons at 14, making $30/hr.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2020, 01:39:38 PM »

:surprised:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2020, 01:50:08 PM »

Damn

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2020, 02:22:46 PM »

Imagine if you also drove a Jeep Wrangler! :surprised:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2020, 02:25:24 PM »
My parents gave me the old 1989 Toyota Minivan and I drove it from 16-18. It was a total POS and you could use any random key or even a screwdriver to start it. My friends used to move it to the other side of the parking lot during school.

I would take out the middle/back seats and load up lawnmowers for my lawn business.

It's name was Cletus and my brother drove it after me, finally stopped running sometime after college with around 220k on it.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2020, 02:26:08 PM »
1985 S-10. My dad bought it for work from the city of McPherson, but didn’t realize it hadn’t been on the highway or gone over 45 mph for 13 years. Gave it to a worker to drive on the highway and quickly cracked a cylinder head. It also still had the “City of McPherson” brightly on the doors from their decals that kept the paint from fading, which he had covered with large business magnets. We split the cost to put in a rebuilt engine from the local engine exchangers and paint/beer money for my cousin to repaint it. I did all the prep work & sanding. It was a manual 4-speed that I had down so good I could shift without the clutch.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 08:11:24 PM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2020, 02:26:51 PM »
We used to farm the crap out of lawns in ole cletus, election season was best as we would see how many election signs we could mow down on 1 street.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2020, 02:28:37 PM »
next most badass sled I had was a 1997 Wrangler Sahara. green. do the grills like jeeps or is that just a myth. it's not a myth folks. basically couldn't keep it off of me. 24/7/365 puss. I get it grills, you love the jeep and my dong by association but chill. ok, don't chill. but you know what I mean.

GF my senior year had one of these that she always had me drive.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2020, 02:34:15 PM »
For my senior year I upgraded to a 10 year old 91 Ford Ranger for $4,100. Upgraded to A/C, automatic, cloth seats,little pull down side jump seats in the extended cab & added a slide in bed liner for another $200. I felt like it was the height of luxury.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2020, 02:35:36 PM »
My parents gave me the old 1989 Toyota Minivan and I drove it from 16-18. It was a total POS and you could use any random key or even a screwdriver to start it. My friends used to move it to the other side of the parking lot during school.

I would take out the middle/back seats and load up lawnmowers for my lawn business.

It's name was Cletus and my brother drove it after me, finally stopped running sometime after college with around 220k on it.

This sounds amazing.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2020, 02:46:43 PM »

'88 honda prelude with an aftermarket exhaust. i drove this thing 130mph daily when I was 15. so incredibly stupid. it's a small miracle that i'm alive. 6 of the 17 boys in my 7th grade football photo are dead, 4 of them from car wrecks. 

a happier story: once at a party i shot a friend in the ass with a paintball gun. he was the strongest kid in school and since he couldn't find me in the pasture he went to flip my car. he got the tires 6 inches off the ground before people yelled at him to stop.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2020, 05:11:14 PM »
more like stdeve dave, probably

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2020, 05:26:33 PM »

'88 honda prelude with an aftermarket exhaust. i drove this thing 130mph daily when I was 15. so incredibly stupid. it's a small miracle that i'm alive. 6 of the 17 boys in my 7th grade football photo are dead, 4 of them from car wrecks. 

a happier story: once at a party i shot a friend in the ass with a paintball gun. he was the strongest kid in school and since he couldn't find me in the pasture he went to flip my car. he got the tires 6 inches off the ground before people yelled at him to stop.
I also drove one of these for a few months and can confirm I also drove it everywhere extremely fast and dangerous.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2020, 05:37:21 PM »
teenagers should not be allowed to drive. they're so incredibly stupid when it comes to assessing risk

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2020, 05:41:15 PM »
Speak for yourself mich. Although I drove that thing extremely fast and dangerous, it was also very safe because I’m a good driver.  :gocho:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2020, 05:41:53 PM »
teenagers should not be allowed to drive. they're so incredibly stupid when it comes to assessing risk

Were the ability to properly assess risk a prerequisite to driving, then the present traffic on our roads would be the new normal.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2020, 06:05:43 PM »

Were the ability to properly assess risk a prerequisite to driving, then the present traffic on our roads would be the new normal.

well I think you should just make the national driving age 21.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2020, 08:39:49 PM »
8 for farm kids

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2020, 09:09:40 PM »
1988 dodge aries

except hella tore up

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2020, 10:27:51 PM »
1985 S-10. My dad bought it for work from the city of McPherson, but didn’t realize it hadn’t been on the highway or gone over 45 mph for 13 years. Gave it to a worker to drive on the highway and quickly cracked a cylinder head. It also still had the “City of McPherson” brightly on the doors from their decals that kept the paint from fading, which he had covered with large business magnets. We split the cost to put in a rebuilt engine from the local engine exchangers and paint/beer money for my cousin to repaint it. I did all the prep work & sanding. It was a manual 4-speed that I had down so good I could shift without the clutch.

My cool HS kid neighbor had a siiiick late 80s S10 short bed with sky blue paint job, sub woofers and a black Le Bra. Dude was a hero to 4th grade nicname.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2020, 10:58:10 PM »

My cool HS kid neighbor had a siiiick late 80s S10 short bed with sky blue paint job, sub woofers and a black Le Bra. Dude was a hero to 4th grade nicname.

We had a kid 1 or 2 years older than me that everyone called Frog since he was a toddler. He did the same thing, expect it was green and he put a green light kit under it. It was probably 4-5 years after it was cool to do stuff like that. However, I also had a cool HS neighbor that had friends that did stuff like that when I was in 4th grade. Frog did that to his truck kind of tounge-in-cheek and knew it wasn’t still cool in 2000, but it still pulled out that old 4th grader in me and I secretly still thought it was pretty cool.