Poll

Have you been furloughed or lost massive revenue during this pandemic?

Yes
2 (3.9%)
No
44 (86.3%)
Kinda
5 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: Have you been furloughed or loss massive revenue during this pandemic?  (Read 18003 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
RIP stay at home orders.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Got everything figured! I don't know if they meant they couldn't fix my crap on the phone at the time I called, or what. But after talking to someone, the same person from yesterday called me back and set it all up for me. So I don't have a rough ridin' clue what was going on. Sorry for the scare, everyone!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
This is good news.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
 :cheers:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Awesome news! So happy to hear this!

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Will be official on Monday that our company is encouraging everyone to take a couple days of vacation every month to avoid doing forced PTO...

Not great
:adios:

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
Will be official on Monday that our company is encouraging everyone to take a couple days of vacation every month to avoid doing forced PTO...

Not great
Still paid tho? Hopefully.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Not great
Still paid tho? Hopefully.
Yes

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Hopefully not but also could be so they don’t have to pay out as much PTO when they do layoffs.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hopefully not but also could be so they don’t have to pay out as much PTO when they do layoffs.

Oh yeah, definitely this.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Officially furloughed in a couple of weeks.  It's going to be a wild summer.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Bummer, hope it works out.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Officially furloughed in a couple of weeks.  It's going to be a wild summer.

sucks. I get the feeling you were bracing for it, which I hope makes it easier. but still sucks.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We got our 2019 bonuses in early March and that definitely helps the financial hit.  It was my first year with the company so I made it a point not to count on the bonus as I didn't fully know what to expect.  I just hope I can get back to work on schedule in 3 months and I'll be fine.

Prepping made it a little easier as I've got some plans on how to productively spend that time.  Also some unproductive plans.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I like your attitude bro.  You will be fine

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Sorry to hear.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We got our 2019 bonuses in early March and that definitely helps the financial hit.  It was my first year with the company so I made it a point not to count on the bonus as I didn't fully know what to expect.  I just hope I can get back to work on schedule in 3 months and I'll be fine.

Prepping made it a little easier as I've got some plans on how to productively spend that time.  Also some unproductive plans.

Not sure which one grilling/smoking/cooking your ass off falls in but I would love to have a rona feast with you.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
My struggle with all of this is we're furloughing/laying off people now and thinking employment will start to pick back up soon.  Then you read of a second wave this fall/winter that hits with the normal flu cycle and could be worse infection/hospitalization wise.

Are we going to be able to put mitigations in place so we don't see the same layoff impact?  Will our ability to test and treat better keep us from having this mass closing again if a second wave does happen?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
My struggle with all of this is we're furloughing/laying off people now and thinking employment will start to pick back up soon.  Then you read of a second wave this fall/winter that hits with the normal flu cycle and could be worse infection/hospitalization wise.

Are we going to be able to put mitigations in place so we don't see the same layoff impact?  Will our ability to test and treat better keep us from having this mass closing again if a second wave does happen?

I think the plan is to stay open and maybe only close up hot spots, just slug it out with the bug.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

I think the plan is to stay open and maybe only close up hot spots, just slug it out with the bug.

To that point, last spring we didn't have a test or a handle on how to treat or even know for certain transmission paths so now this upcoming winter we should have all that in place and be able to have more precise mitigations vs. the blunt closure of the world?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

To that point, last spring we didn't have a test or a handle on how to treat or even know for certain transmission paths so now this upcoming winter we should have all that in place and be able to have more precise mitigations vs. the blunt closure of the world?

I think this is the thought.  I think attitudes and ideas will transform over the summer.  I expect there will be a tremendous amount of community moral preparation.  Basically braveheart stuff to get everyone ready to stick it out and stay open.  I just don't think the money machine can get us out of another shut down.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
there is no plan

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
there is no plan

That means no shutdown.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
but if we really wanted to get the economy going, we probably need to spend to spend about a trillion on testing, contact tracing, hotels/support for people to quarantine, and guaranteed sick leave. It's going to be the highest return on stimulus investment