Author Topic: 2020 General Election Thread  (Read 129118 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 General Election Thread
« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2020, 06:41:52 AM »
Well, for starters, there should be a Whited. If they get a Blacked it's only fair. Infuriating.

What about whiteAF?

I need it to be clearly a copycat but for people like me, white guys.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2020, 06:44:54 AM »
maybe the 2020 gen election thread wasn't the place to take this brave and controversial stand but the door was opened.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2020, 08:12:06 AM »
Worldstar folk music
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2020, 10:35:57 AM »

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2020, 07:57:01 PM »
His fat old ass isn’t living that long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2020, 10:58:43 AM »
Even dax couldn't some up with his usual stream of bullshit to justify that dumbfuckery.

The only "stream of usual bullshit" on this blog, comes straight off your keyboard.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2020, 11:00:17 AM »

Joe won't even finish his first term.

Hell, he may not even get the nomination.

We'll see how Jill performs in the coming weeks, she might be able to save him to get him elected. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2020, 06:01:22 PM »
Even dax couldn't some up with his usual stream of bullshit to justify that dumbfuckery.

The only "stream of usual bullshit" on this blog, comes straight off your keyboard.

I'm not 85 years old, I don't use a keyboard.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2020, 11:38:33 AM »

Joe won't even finish his first term.

Hell, he may not even get the nomination.

We'll see how Jill performs in the coming weeks, she might be able to save him to get him elected.
Yes, his old ass isn’t either. We agree dax.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2020, 05:48:31 PM »
for me, these two articles, especially the npr piece, pretty much put the reade allegations to bed.  i no longer consider it accurate to state that biden has been credibly accused of rape.

https://twitter.com/DanielBush/status/1261283094319030274

https://twitter.com/natashakorecki/status/1261393132840554497
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2020, 05:49:54 PM »
for me, these two articles, especially the npr piece, pretty much put the reade allegations to bed.  i no longer consider it accurate to state that biden has been credibly accused of rape.

Wow. Talk about victim blaming. smdh.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2020, 07:13:48 PM »
#believeLiberalMen
:adios:

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2020, 08:11:27 PM »
i think in any other election cycle this would be a far bigger deal.

I don't even know if people trust Biden on the issue.

But it loses some relative sting when your opponent has been accused of similar conduct 25 times or more...

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2020, 08:18:11 PM »
there's a lot of other stuff going on, for sure.  but i don't think this would be that big of a deal in other years either.  the story has collapsed under scrutiny and will scarcely be remembered in six months.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2020, 08:27:12 PM »

That's not the point at all, sys.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2020, 08:32:05 PM »

what's not the point?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2020, 08:39:34 PM »

what's not the point?

That you're acting like you or anyone else ever took her claims the least bit seriously, and this represents some turning point. Why would we care what Biden staffers have to say? The fact that her Biden story has changed, a lot, isn't new, and falsely accusing others doesn't mean that she couldn't actually be assaulted by someone else, at least that's what we've been hearing from liberals previously.

Also her claims have been scrutinized much more than those of other accusers.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2020, 08:55:47 PM »
That you're acting like you or anyone else ever took her claims the least bit seriously, and this represents some turning point. Why would we care what Biden staffers have to say? The fact that her Biden story has changed, a lot, isn't new, and falsely accusing others doesn't mean that she couldn't actually be assaulted by someone else, at least that's what we've been hearing from liberals previously.

i took her allegation seriously, although i never found it terribly convincing.  many others did as well.  these articles exist because reporters took her claims seriously and investigated them.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2020, 09:17:53 PM »
I mean you could say a point would be they (reporters/interested parties) should also demonstrate through Biden that this didn't occur.

i'm not sure what "through biden" means, but the npr article did a very thorough job of demonstrating that reade's allegation is highly improbable.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2020, 09:41:48 PM »
I could be wrong, I thought there was discussion of complaints from staff could be held in some of his records for one.

biden gave permission for the senate personnel records to be released, but my somewhat fuzzy understanding is that some privacy law prevented that from happening.  i saw some people saying that if reade also consented, they could be released, but i don't know that to be accurate.

biden's senate papers were donated to the u of delaware to be made public after his retirement and he has not consented to have those papers unsealed, but people that seem to know say that there would not be any personnel records in those papers.

the discussion is somewhat moot as reade does not say that she filed a report alleging sexual assault at the time, so there would be nothing directly pertaining to her allegations that could confirm or refute her allegations in any records.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2020, 09:44:12 PM »

i took her allegation seriously, although i never found it terribly convincing.  many others did as well.  these articles exist because reporters took her claims seriously and investigated them.

These articles exist because there was an immediate campaign to discredit the claims. The amount of the scrutiny given her claims is unprecedented. If it's your claim that this scrutiny is due to her claims being taken seriously, then the inverse has to be true. The lack of investigative vigor given to the claims from accusers of other high profile politicians is because the same media didn't take these other claims as seriously. However, they were taken seriously enough to slap the accusations directly on the accused.

For the record, I do think Reade is exaggerating. I also think that she has spent years telling people that Biden made her uncomfortable, because he did, he just didn't get anything close to putting his hand up her skirt and penetrating her. However, Biden is absolutely hiding something. There is no other explanation for him allowing his campaign to review those University of Delaware files, but won't release them publicly.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2020, 09:49:57 PM »
There are only two people that know what happened between Joe Biden and Tara Reade on that day. Given Biden’s current state, we may have to round that number down a bit.

The one thing we can definitely say is that Joe Biden has several other women that have accused him of sexual harassment and literal reels of videotape of him committing what would get most of us fired if not criminally charged.

If people want to go ahead and make the argument that they don’t care about it or Trump has more sexual assault accusations so on balance Biden is better, it would be a hell of a lot more honest.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2020, 09:58:40 PM »
the idea that the npr piece or the vox article from a week or so ago were biased against reade is pretty ridiculous (the politico piece may well have been, but the information presented still makes it hard to consider reade credible).

the notion that trying to corroborate her story or reporting the inability to do so is somehow undue or untoward is borderline insane.

people that give every indication of knowing what they're talking about say that there would not be any personnel records in biden's senate records.  the reason why he won't request they be unsealed is almost certainly the same reason he placed the condition they not be made public until his retirement in the first place - the papers include information having nothing to do with an obscure former aide that would be politically damaging.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2020, 10:06:28 PM »
There are only two people that know what happened between Joe Biden and Tara Reade on that day. Given Biden’s current state, we may have to round that number down a bit.

The one thing we can definitely say is that Joe Biden has several other women that have accused him of sexual harassment and literal reels of videotape of him committing what would get most of us fired if not criminally charged.

If people want to go ahead and make the argument that they don’t care about it or Trump has more sexual assault accusations so on balance Biden is better, it would be a hell of a lot more honest.

it's important to be clear about two different classes of behavior.

there is the behavior numerous women have said biden has engaged in, that has been captured on video and that biden has admitted to doing.  there is no question that these things happened and no one, afaik, has claimed that they didn't.  it is very possible that something of that nature also happened with reade.

then there is the allegation of sexual assault/rape that has only been alleged by reade.  i'm not going to recapitulate the litany of reasons why that allegation is improbable, the articles linked earlier do that.