Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1050245 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #16200 on: June 09, 2021, 11:23:23 PM »
I give up, whatever. Go cats and stuff!

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16201 on: June 09, 2021, 11:43:55 PM »

Wacky, I offered no opinion on the virus at all, like not a single one. I provided stats, and nothing else. You have to stop constantly looking for a fight.

Justwin and wetwillie, I very clearly used the term "confirmed cases" if we're just gonna guess numbers then we can take the conversation anywhere. Even if you take the number of 115 million or 33% of the population if all 115 million only got it once, no where close to that 115 million have immunity and those who do won't have it for life. There is no shortcut, immunization is the only way, and we aren't reaching herd immunity off the hope that people who contracted unconfirmed level of the disease a year ago still has immunity.

Not that that this message board is going to set the tone for the county but the thought that we can count those who had it to safely reach immunity is dangerous because we don't have the first clue as to how long people keep immunity or what the effect of variants are.

The message is just get the damn jab.

Could you please provide the study that shows that getting a vaccine is more protective than natural immunity?  The Cleveland Clinic study that came out today is pretty strong evidence to counter your point.

It's not just guessing numbers in terms of estimating the number of infections.  Have you ever checked out Youyang Gu's site?

You are just parroting CDC "we don't know" statements that, as far as I'm concerned, are just fear mongering to try to convince people to get vaccinated.  We don't know is not the same as we know not, but it's being passed off as such to try to scare people.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 11:54:02 PM by Justwin »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16202 on: June 09, 2021, 11:47:27 PM »
Damn Alabama :frown:
https://youtu.be/Un8M7LIduDg
Lol

Millions of vaccines set to expire across the country, mass Covid clinics shutting or already shut down across the country still with 40-50% plus of the population in those areas still not fully vaccinated.  But Alabama!

You need to start dialing up “your people” (your words) and tell them to get vaccinated.

The State health department has been trying to redirect vaccines and have gotten no help from the Feds beyond the guidance to just treat them like any other expired medication.  Why?  There’s plenty set to expire all across the country.  Nobody else needs them.   They’re still sitting on millions of doses collectively. 

My gawd you are beyond dumb.

Why are you lashing out at me? I don't live in Alabama and I'm not a producer for NBC news that found a county in Alabama that has a lower vaccination rate than El Salvador and Albania. Maybe direct that rage to the people of Russell County Alabama.

Also don't think we didn't notice you blaming black people again for Alabama's vaccination rate. Russell County is 54% white.
Lol, I can’t imagine the emotional upheaval that a county that was 46% minority would cause for the average Iowa cracker belter.  They’d move.  But I digress.

AL is now at 60% with at least a single dose.  Those on the front lines say that’s low.  So listen to some NBC producer or those that know?  Those that know say there’s no way a busy pharmacy has kept up with the ALDOH portal inputs.   My ITK sources have dedicated staff and it still took/takes up to 72 business hours to complete inputs after open clinics.

Damn dax congratulations. Alabama must have had a world record last two days, surprised we didn't hear about that.

https://www.wsfa.com/2021/06/07/alabama-may-face-uncomfortable-summer-with-covid-19-if-vaccination-rate-stays-low/

Dr. Michael Saag spoke about the need for vaccinations. He said that is the only way to bring the pandemic under control. Recent numbers were dropping, but he added we are seeing signs that is changing.

Alabama’s vaccination rate has climbed to about 36% for those with at least one dose of the COVID vaccine. Dr. Saag says that is not good enough.

Before you lash out at me again that's an Alabama television station talking to an Alabama doctor.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16203 on: June 09, 2021, 11:49:00 PM »
What percentage of the population has either had covid or has been vaccinated? Has to be approaching critical mass I would think.
Yes!

Nope.

33 million confirmed cases, that's about 9% of the population, 50% of the population has received at least one dose of vaccine. If there were no crossover from that 33 million and if the entire 33 million have antibodies, which they don't, then you're looking at 59% combined. I think it's safe to say that around 55% of the population has a comfortable amount of immunity, and that's probably being a bit generous given two percent of those 33 million are dead.
Didn’t you get a new job during all of this and go to a office? Like, I have a 21 month year old get tested twice during this too (close to the same age) like your 2 year old. 1. For a botched circumcision (that needed surgery) & 2. For sniffles at day care. You gained a job during all of this and continue to preach about the harm of the disease. I totally get it. Don’t disregard the financial set back it left many without adequate insurance (due to furlough) or uncaring for the future from others. I was blessed to land on my feet during this, but it 100% affected others economically. Sorry some of those are ho humming getting vaccinated, when they’ve already lost everything.

Wacky, I offered no opinion on the virus at all, like not a single one. I provided stats, and nothing else. You have to stop constantly looking for a fight.

Justwin and wetwillie, I very clearly used the term "confirmed cases" if we're just gonna guess numbers then we can take the conversation anywhere. Even if you take the number of 115 million or 33% of the population if all 115 million only got it once, no where close to that 115 million have immunity and those who do won't have it for life. There is no shortcut, immunization is the only way, and we aren't reaching herd immunity off the hope that people who contracted unconfirmed level of the disease a year ago still has immunity.

Not that that this message board is going to set the tone for the county but the thought that we can count those who had it to safely reach immunity is dangerous because we don't have the first clue as to how long people keep immunity or what the effect of variants are.

115 million is from a statistical analysis from the CDC with a 95% confidence interval.  I don’t really understand why you are saying people who have been infected previously don’t have immunity or have some kind of limited time frame immunity when the latest research suggests otherwise.  I agree people who can get the vaccine should.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16204 on: June 09, 2021, 11:52:08 PM »

Could you please provide the study that shows that getting a vaccine is more protective than natural immunity?  The Cleveland Clinic study that came out today is pretty strong evidence to counter your point.

It's not just guessing numbers in terms of estimating the number of infections.  Have you ever checked out Youyang Gu's site?

You are just parroting CDC "we don't know" statements that, as far as I'm concerned, are just fear mongering to try to convince people to get vaccinated.  We don't know is not that same as we know not, but it's being passed off as such to try to scare people.

What do you think the hidden agenda is?  You worried the vaccine isn't safe?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16205 on: June 09, 2021, 11:53:49 PM »

You are just parroting CDC "we don't know" statements that, as far as I'm concerned, are just fear mongering to try to convince people to get vaccinated.  We don't know is not that same as we know not, but it's being passed off as such to try to scare people.

:dunno:
The Cleveland Clinic tells FOX 8, “We don’t know how long the immune system will protect against reinfection or protect against variants. We still recommend those eligible receive the vaccine. This study was conducted within the population of healthcare workers that are younger & healthier than the general population. It is safe to get the COVID-19 vaccine even if you have had previously tested positive for COVID-19.”

That's almost word for word what I said. Thank you for letting me know about this study so I could do a Google search about it, feels good.

Also you gave the same estimate that the CDC have for the amount of actual infections, are you telling me that I should believe that but nothing else they have to say about COVID? That's a bit confusing, no?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16206 on: June 09, 2021, 11:58:16 PM »
Lol

Millions of vaccines set to expire across the country, mass Covid clinics shutting or already shut down across the country still with 40-50% plus of the population in those areas still not fully vaccinated.  But Alabama!

You need to start dialing up “your people” (your words) and tell them to get vaccinated.

The State health department has been trying to redirect vaccines and have gotten no help from the Feds beyond the guidance to just treat them like any other expired medication.  Why?  There’s plenty set to expire all across the country.  Nobody else needs them.   They’re still sitting on millions of doses collectively. 

Why are you lashing out at me? I don't live in Alabama and I'm not a producer for NBC news that found a county in Alabama that has a lower vaccination rate than El Salvador and Albania. Maybe direct that rage to the people of Russell County Alabama.

Also don't think we didn't notice you blaming black people again for Alabama's vaccination rate. Russell County is 54% white.
Lol, I can’t imagine the emotional upheaval that a county that was 46% minority would cause for the average Iowa cracker belter.  They’d move.  But I digress.

AL is now at 60% with at least a single dose.  Those on the front lines say that’s low.  So listen to some NBC producer or those that know?  Those that know say there’s no way a busy pharmacy has kept up with the ALDOH portal inputs.   My ITK sources have dedicated staff and it still took/takes up to 72 business hours to complete inputs after open clinics.

Damn dax congratulations. Alabama must have had a world record last two days, surprised we didn't hear about that.

https://www.wsfa.com/2021/06/07/alabama-may-face-uncomfortable-summer-with-covid-19-if-vaccination-rate-stays-low/

Dr. Michael Saag spoke about the need for vaccinations. He said that is the only way to bring the pandemic under control. Recent numbers were dropping, but he added we are seeing signs that is changing.

Alabama’s vaccination rate has climbed to about 36% for those with at least one dose of the COVID vaccine. Dr. Saag says that is not good enough.

Before you lash out at me again that's an Alabama television station talking to an Alabama doctor.

The number is higher per my sources.   Vaccinations are not being entered into the ALDPH portal in timely fashion if at all by private entities.   Agencies with dedicated staff struggle to get their entries in.

You're never going to get people at the state level to admit that, because then they'd have to admit that that they don't have a well thought out system and the way they access things like MS Azure Gov and AWS Gov and similar at the state level is archaic.   

Don't even start, because I've seen similar cluster fucks in IT systems in states all across the country. 

« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 12:01:27 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16207 on: June 10, 2021, 12:02:40 AM »
Lol

The number is higher per my sources.   Vaccinations are not being entered into the ALDPH portal in timely fashion if at all by private entities.   Agencies with dedicated staff struggle to get their entries in.

So you're telling me that there is a 24% difference in what the state is reporting from what is actually happening on the ground from "your sources?" My God, does the internet exist in Alabama? That's some crap you hear about in the third world or places after a large scale natural disaster. Man, thoughts and prayers.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 12:06:27 AM by MakeItRain »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16208 on: June 10, 2021, 12:15:40 AM »
Lol

So you're telling me that there is a 24% difference in what the state is reporting from what is actually happening on the ground from "your sources?" My God, does the internet exist in Alabama? That's some crap you hear about in the third world or places after a large scale natural disaster. Man, thoughts and prayers.

First of all you clearly don't have the first clue. 

Let's go back and ask Kansans what it was like (for years) when the state went to a new platform for car registrations (or was it drivers licenses?), I'd have to check, but did they ever get that straightened out?

Let's go ask some states how they handled the massive influx of unemployment claims when the Pandemic first hit. . . hint, not well.

So I get that for idiots like you, it's "just the Internet", but there's your reality, and then there's the actual reality.

LOL, we have agencies who were warned for years about hacking and cyber-security, given millions, hundreds of millions and in some cases billions to protect their systems and they still get hacked.   But for you, "it's just the Internet".

I'm dealing with an Air Force Base that still uses voice systems that were new in . . . 1989.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16209 on: June 10, 2021, 12:23:29 AM »
Lol

You're never going to get people at the state level to admit that, because then they'd have to admit that that they don't have a well thought out system and the way they access things like MS Azure Gov and AWS Gov and similar at the state level is archaic.   

Don't even start, because I've seen similar cluster fucks in IT systems in states all across the country.

Man, this is a one helluva dax post
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16210 on: June 10, 2021, 12:25:37 AM »
Lol

I don't have a clue either

We know

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16211 on: June 10, 2021, 07:30:55 AM »
What percentage of the population has either had covid or has been vaccinated? Has to be approaching critical mass I would think.
Yes!

Nope.

33 million confirmed cases, that's about 9% of the population, 50% of the population has received at least one dose of vaccine. If there were no crossover from that 33 million and if the entire 33 million have antibodies, which they don't, then you're looking at 59% combined. I think it's safe to say that around 55% of the population has a comfortable amount of immunity, and that's probably being a bit generous given two percent of those 33 million are dead.
Didn’t you get a new job during all of this and go to a office? Like, I have a 21 month year old get tested twice during this too (close to the same age) like your 2 year old. 1. For a botched circumcision (that needed surgery) & 2. For sniffles at day care. You gained a job during all of this and continue to preach about the harm of the disease. I totally get it. Don’t disregard the financial set back it left many without adequate insurance (due to furlough) or uncaring for the future from others. I was blessed to land on my feet during this, but it 100% affected others economically. Sorry some of those are ho humming getting vaccinated, when they’ve already lost everything.

115 million is from a statistical analysis from the CDC with a 95% confidence interval.

Yeah, using “confirmed” cases as the metric of US infections is WAAAAAAY more misleading/inaccurate than the estimated numbers by the CDC and others. Like, we don’t use confirmed cases to measure the impact of any other disease. That’s like taking a National poll and saying “387 Republicans think this.”

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16212 on: June 10, 2021, 08:33:51 AM »
Suddenly for ProgFascist Nation, the calls for investigations into the origins of SARS-Covid-19 instantly became legitimate:

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/eus-von-der-leyen-urges-unfettered-investigation-into-origins-covid-19-2021-06-10/

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16213 on: June 10, 2021, 08:38:59 AM »
Suddenly for ProgFascist Nation, the calls for investigations into the origins of SARS-Covid-19 instantly became legitimate:

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/eus-von-der-leyen-urges-unfettered-investigation-into-origins-covid-19-2021-06-10/

No one thinks that an investigation into the origins of the virus is a bad idea. People simply think that it was stupid to immediately declare it a Chinese bioweapon. It was one of many excuses to cover for the inept US response.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16214 on: June 10, 2021, 09:24:39 AM »
Lol

He pretty clearly told you to NOT EVEN START so DON'T EVEN START

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16215 on: June 10, 2021, 09:29:56 AM »

No one thinks that an investigation into the origins of the virus is a bad idea. People simply think that it was stupid to immediately declare it a Chinese bioweapon. It was one of many excuses to cover for the inept US response.

Lead by Dr. Anthony "the average American has nothing to worry about" Fauci

But you're absolutely lying to us and yourself with the usage of "no one".   Your movement and your go to media was  easily propagandized into carrying the water of those who wanted the Wuhan lab leak theory immediately shot down and labeled as a conspiracy.   

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16216 on: June 10, 2021, 10:49:52 AM »

I think this was posted in here somewhere before: https://covid19dashboardgt.shinyapps.io/us_immunitylevel/

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16217 on: June 10, 2021, 06:08:43 PM »

Lead by Dr. Anthony "the average American has nothing to worry about" Fauci

But you're absolutely lying to us and yourself with the usage of "no one".   Your movement and your go to media was  easily propagandized into carrying the water of those who wanted the Wuhan lab leak theory immediately shot down and labeled as a conspiracy.   

The media didn't carry water for the Wuhan lab leak theory because of the source for the theory.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16218 on: June 11, 2021, 08:02:02 AM »
Thanks for admitting the discernible media bias, Bucket.

That's a rarity for people like you.

Also thanks for admitting that your go to media is easily manipulated by those with political views that align with their own.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16219 on: June 11, 2021, 09:42:50 AM »

Also thanks for admitting that your go to media is easily manipulated by those with political views that align with their own.

Didn't read because of paywall, but this sums up why the media may have been reluctant to run with it.

https://twitter.com/MaxBoot/status/1403057793159122948

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16220 on: June 11, 2021, 09:53:56 AM »

Didn't read because of paywall, but this sums up why the media may have been reluctant to run with it.

https://twitter.com/MaxBoot/status/1403057793159122948
That’s an opinion. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16221 on: June 11, 2021, 10:58:31 AM »
source pearl clutching lol

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #16222 on: June 11, 2021, 11:08:58 AM »
Is that your opinion? 

Yes

Let it be recorded that the opinion source was verified!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16223 on: June 11, 2021, 12:30:23 PM »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16224 on: June 11, 2021, 12:44:17 PM »
Not knowing anything other than what is presented in that graph, I would strongly suspect some reporting funny business like the backlog dumps some US states have done.