Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1050084 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #16175 on: June 09, 2021, 10:29:47 AM »
But I don't know, how can you finger wag someone for not wearing a mask when there's a decent chance they're vaccinated?

I think he's more finger wagging at society rather than an individual.
That's probably true.  We all agree that if you've at risk of exposure (and by extension, exposing others), you ought to be wearing a mask.

But in practice, IRL, I'm not thinking twice about someone I see at a restaurant or grocery store or wherever not wearing a mask.  Probably a luxury of not having kids yet I guess.

Yeah you also probably don't know anyone in chemo or had a kidney transplant or who is otherwise immunocompromised and can't receive the vaccine. And the fact that we as a society don't really care about that folks enough to maybe be a little conservative with mask wearing is disappointing. But I'm not gonna stress because that's where we've always been!

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16176 on: June 09, 2021, 10:34:45 AM »
But I don't know, how can you finger wag someone for not wearing a mask when there's a decent chance they're vaccinated?

That's probably true.  We all agree that if you've at risk of exposure (and by extension, exposing others), you ought to be wearing a mask.

But in practice, IRL, I'm not thinking twice about someone I see at a restaurant or grocery store or wherever not wearing a mask.  Probably a luxury of not having kids yet I guess.

Yeah you also probably don't know anyone in chemo or had a kidney transplant or who is otherwise immunocompromised and can't receive the vaccine. And the fact that we as a society don't really care about that folks enough to maybe be a little conservative with mask wearing is disappointing. But I'm not gonna stress because that's where we've always been!

In addition to those who are immunocompromised and cannot get the vaccine, it's worth pointing out that studies have shown that many who are immunocompromised aren't developing antibodies after receiving the vaccine.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16177 on: June 09, 2021, 10:57:03 AM »
anybody that cares one way or another about masks at this point is a weirdo.

It is exclusively trumpers.  Everyone else has moved on but they want to cry about masks when no one is making them wear masks.  Maga is legit furious that there are no mask mandates anymore. 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16178 on: June 09, 2021, 11:01:10 AM »

:thumbs:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16179 on: June 09, 2021, 11:04:50 AM »
We should strive for a world where natural immunity to diseases/viruses of all types is fully eradicated (CoronaBros and Big Pharma)

Hell yeah!

polio, small pox

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16180 on: June 09, 2021, 11:26:40 AM »

In addition to those who are immunocompromised and cannot get the vaccine, it's worth pointing out that studies have shown that many who are immunocompromised aren't developing antibodies after receiving the vaccine.
Could that also mean they’re less at risk of developing a severe form of COVID though? I thought the running theory was that a big part of it was from overactive immune systems.

Obviously that’s just a tangent. People who are immune compromised should probably be wearing good quality masks whenever possible. Just about anything airborne could pose a major risk.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16181 on: June 09, 2021, 12:22:39 PM »

Definitely.

That’s why I appreciate places that request proof of vaccination status. I’d rather just avoid that crowd at this point than try to convince them otherwise.

I wish I lived in a state that didn't ban this practice.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16182 on: June 09, 2021, 12:23:33 PM »
We should strive for a world where natural immunity to diseases/viruses of all types is fully eradicated (CoronaBros and Big Pharma)

Hell yeah!

polio, small pox

Marking Slow Dug down as being for the eradication of all natural immunity to diseases and viruses

As expected

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16184 on: June 09, 2021, 12:44:31 PM »

Hell yeah!

polio, small pox

Marking Slow Dug down as being for the eradication of all natural immunity to diseases and viruses

As expected

"yes, that is exactly what Dug said!"

a desperate and increasingly just sad poster that we send messages about where we legitimately express concern for his well being.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16185 on: June 09, 2021, 12:45:22 PM »
I hope the libertarians are the first to be purged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16186 on: June 09, 2021, 01:42:39 PM »

Hell yeah!

polio, small pox

As expected

"yes, that is exactly what Dug said!"

a desperate and increasingly just sad poster that we send messages about where we legitimately express concern for his well being.

I'm appreciative of your concern, and I have concern for everyone on a real world level.

But (for example) the disdain for those with natural immunity is palpable on every level on here, and despite the forthcoming denials, it's reality.

Take my discussion of the Cleveland Clinic study.   Imagine dealing with people that are so ignorant that they glom all over the standard and internally legally mandated disclaimer.   There's no way in hell the Cleveland Clinic legal counsel would  have allowed any discussion of their study without the requisite "we're not discouraging anyone from getting the vaccine" statement.   They're a $3.5 billion dollar annual enterprise.     They're not going to let a bunch of nerds run out there and tell people to not to get the vaccine and/or to not consult their personal physician about the vaccine and immunization.   

The articles I've read are clearly saying that their study concluded that at least for now, naturally infected Covid patients do not have to get vaccinated.   

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16187 on: June 09, 2021, 06:52:52 PM »
What percentage of the population has either had covid or has been vaccinated? Has to be approaching critical mass I would think.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #16188 on: June 09, 2021, 08:34:08 PM »
What percentage of the population has either had covid or has been vaccinated? Has to be approaching critical mass I would think.
Yes!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16189 on: June 09, 2021, 09:54:23 PM »
Yes!

Nope.

33 million confirmed cases, that's about 9% of the population, 50% of the population has received at least one dose of vaccine. If there were no crossover from that 33 million and if the entire 33 million have antibodies, which they don't, then you're looking at 59% combined. I think it's safe to say that around 55% of the population has a comfortable amount of immunity, and that's probably being a bit generous given two percent of those 33 million are dead.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16190 on: June 09, 2021, 09:54:59 PM »

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16191 on: June 09, 2021, 10:14:04 PM »
Yes!

Nope.

33 million confirmed cases, that's about 9% of the population, 50% of the population has received at least one dose of vaccine. If there were no crossover from that 33 million and if the entire 33 million have antibodies, which they don't, then you're looking at 59% combined. I think it's safe to say that around 55% of the population has a comfortable amount of immunity, and that's probably being a bit generous given two percent of those 33 million are dead.

Approximately 30%-40% of the population has had COVID.  If you want to say that only 9% has had COVID, then you're a moron.

I believe that those that get vaccinated are less likely to have had COVID due to engaging in less risky behavior over the past 15 months.  Since this is a spitballing thread, my personal estimate is that 25% of those that have been vaccinated have had COVID.

We have 52% of the population that have had a dose of a vaccine.  My estimate is that this equates to 39% gaining immunity from vaccination.

With 30%-40% having had COVID, this equates to 69%-79% having immunity.  I'm pretty optimistic on the immunity granted from infection, so I think it's pretty reasonable to think that 75% of the US population is immune to COVID.  This level of immunity is why the new daily cases keeps falling consistently.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16192 on: June 09, 2021, 10:16:31 PM »
Yes!

Nope.

Didn’t you get a new job during all of this and go to a office? Like, I have a 21 month year old get tested twice during this too (close to the same age) like your 2 year old. 1. For a botched circumcision (that needed surgery) & 2. For sniffles at day care. You gained a job during all of this and continue to preach about the harm of the disease. I totally get it. Don’t disregard the financial set back it left many without adequate insurance (due to furlough) or uncaring for the future from others. I was blessed to land on my feet during this, but it 100% affected others economically. Sorry some of those are ho humming getting vaccinated, when they’ve already lost everything.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16193 on: June 09, 2021, 10:17:22 PM »
Yes!

Nope.

CDC says 115 million total infections.  Obviously it’s impossible to know exact crossover but even at 50 % it would be 58 million plus the 171 million vaccinated.  That would be 70% of the population with immunity which is the low end of the range for herd immunity.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16194 on: June 09, 2021, 10:38:58 PM »
Yes!

Nope.

Didn’t you get a new job during all of this and go to a office? Like, I have a 21 month year old get tested twice during this too (close to the same age) like your 2 year old. 1. For a botched circumcision (that needed surgery) & 2. For sniffles at day care. You gained a job during all of this and continue to preach about the harm of the disease. I totally get it. Don’t disregard the financial set back it left many without adequate insurance (due to furlough) or uncaring for the future from others. I was blessed to land on my feet during this, but it 100% affected others economically. Sorry some of those are ho humming getting vaccinated, when they’ve already lost everything.

Wacky, I offered no opinion on the virus at all, like not a single one. I provided stats, and nothing else. You have to stop constantly looking for a fight.

Justwin and wetwillie, I very clearly used the term "confirmed cases" if we're just gonna guess numbers then we can take the conversation anywhere. Even if you take the number of 115 million or 33% of the population if all 115 million only got it once, no where close to that 115 million have immunity and those who do won't have it for life. There is no shortcut, immunization is the only way, and we aren't reaching herd immunity off the hope that people who contracted unconfirmed level of the disease a year ago still has immunity.

Not that that this message board is going to set the tone for the county but the thought that we can count those who had it to safely reach immunity is dangerous because we don't have the first clue as to how long people keep immunity or what the effect of variants are.

The message is just get the damn jab.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16195 on: June 09, 2021, 10:45:13 PM »
I honestly don’t want one. You just mentioned how exhausted you were about your 2 year old needing a test before the jab in a week. Sounds like a great problem to have vs many of us in the last 2 years. And gainful employment?! Happy for you all! She’ll take it well, I’m sure!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16196 on: June 09, 2021, 10:49:01 PM »
Damn Alabama :frown:
https://youtu.be/Un8M7LIduDg
Lol

Millions of vaccines set to expire across the country, mass Covid clinics shutting or already shut down across the country still with 40-50% plus of the population in those areas still not fully vaccinated.  But Alabama!

You need to start dialing up “your people” (your words) and tell them to get vaccinated.

The State health department has been trying to redirect vaccines and have gotten no help from the Feds beyond the guidance to just treat them like any other expired medication.  Why?  There’s plenty set to expire all across the country.  Nobody else needs them.   They’re still sitting on millions of doses collectively. 

My gawd you are beyond dumb.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16197 on: June 09, 2021, 11:00:10 PM »
I honestly don’t want one. You just mentioned how exhausted you were about your 2 year old needing a test before the jab in a week. Sounds like a great problem to have vs many of us in the last 2 years. And gainful employment?! Happy for you all! She’ll take it well, I’m sure!

I don't get the point of your post. You lamented me "preaching about the harm of the disease," am I just supposed to ignore that it still exists? Like if we don't talk about it then it will go away?

If you're concerned about the economic effects of the disease I would guess you would want people to get the rough ridin' shot and wear a mask until they do. I've literally had no other message other than that.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16198 on: June 09, 2021, 11:08:09 PM »
Lol

Millions of vaccines set to expire across the country, mass Covid clinics shutting or already shut down across the country still with 40-50% plus of the population in those areas still not fully vaccinated.  But Alabama!

You need to start dialing up “your people” (your words) and tell them to get vaccinated.

The State health department has been trying to redirect vaccines and have gotten no help from the Feds beyond the guidance to just treat them like any other expired medication.  Why?  There’s plenty set to expire all across the country.  Nobody else needs them.   They’re still sitting on millions of doses collectively. 

Why are you lashing out at me? I don't live in Alabama and I'm not a producer for NBC news that found a county in Alabama that has a lower vaccination rate than El Salvador and Albania. Maybe direct that rage to the people of Russell County Alabama.

Also don't think we didn't notice you blaming black people again for Alabama's vaccination rate. Russell County is 54% white.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16199 on: June 09, 2021, 11:16:46 PM »
Lol

Why are you lashing out at me? I don't live in Alabama and I'm not a producer for NBC news that found a county in Alabama that has a lower vaccination rate than El Salvador and Albania. Maybe direct that rage to the people of Russell County Alabama.

Also don't think we didn't notice you blaming black people again for Alabama's vaccination rate. Russell County is 54% white.
Lol, I can’t imagine the emotional upheaval that a county that was 46% minority would cause for the average Iowa cracker belter.  They’d move.  But I digress.

AL is now at 60% with at least a single dose.  Those on the front lines say that’s low.  So listen to some NBC producer or those that know?  Those that know say there’s no way a busy pharmacy has kept up with the ALDOH portal inputs.   My ITK sources have dedicated staff and it still took/takes up to 72 business hours to complete inputs after open clinics.