Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1049826 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #15775 on: May 05, 2021, 09:06:43 AM »
I would probably support a blonde genocide.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15776 on: May 05, 2021, 09:08:05 AM »
Biggest thing for me is hope that kids can go back to unmasked learning in the fall. The less restrictions on kids the more healthy they are. We’ve let our kids play with other kids all along, unmasked and without distance, and they’ve done great. I’m kind of in the “masks made sense for a while, vaccines make sense, losing masks after vaccines make sense” camp.

Cheers friends

That’s because you’re what they call a “reasonable” or “sensible” person, my friend.

I don't believe there is a single person reading this message board that don't have the same hopes, literally not a single one.

I bet kids were healthier by not dealing with the flu at all this year. (How much masks helped, I would like to quantify before we make any sort of call on it. But of course I'd rather not have them).

Also I think pretty much everyone in the world let their kids play with other kids unmasked and without distance through the pandemic. Not as freely as previously but I don't know anyone who didn't hang with other kids.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #15777 on: May 05, 2021, 09:08:55 AM »
What you’re missing is that this is a public health campaign. It’s really not that different than something like smoking. Yeah, anyone who bothered to research it knew how bad it was, and I’m sure big tobacco was repeating a lot of your talking points about people just needing to be personally responsible. But despite most doctors saying it over and over, it still took a pretty massive media campaign to convince people to actually change their behavior.

Smoking is very addictive. It takes real effort to quit.
Sure, but the equation is the same: motivation needs to overcome hesitation. Obviously with tobacco you had to get motivation pretty high to work. I don’t think a COVID vaccine campaign would need to be on that level, but I do think it would do a world of good to see some tv or Spotify ads like “vaccinated people have a .0002% chance of serious complications from COVID and a statistically insignificant chance of death. Get vaxxed and go nuts.”

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15778 on: May 05, 2021, 09:09:39 AM »
The mistake the liberals keep making is assuming that everyone actually cares if other people get sick and die. So when you say something like "everyone needs to get vaccinated so we can gather for parties on the 4th of July," assuming it's understood that you mean everyone should be able to do that without some of their guests getting ill and becoming crippled or dead, they think you are telling them they don't have permission to gather unless enough people get vaccinated.
"Get vaccinated so we can hang out, but I still need your kids to wear masks every day of their lives moving forward too". Right, rage?  :thumbs:

Why does someone having a different opinion on this topic seem so offensive to you? Remember the talk of "flu is more deadly?" I'm almost certain you were on that train at some point, well it will be back to killing kids, olds, and everyone else next fall when we aren't distanced, masked, and washing/sanitizing hands as vigorously.

You're treating the dude like he said all blonde people should be jailed.
He's pretty much saying vaccines don't work and we should continue to wear masks after getting our vaccines.  :dunno: Just calling out the lunacy here and lol at people not taking offense to differing opinions on here.

No, I'm saying that if masks are really effective enough to all but eliminate the flu, then maybe we should keep using them. If nothing else, schools should continue to use the temperature monitoring equipment that they've already purchased and send kids and teachers who show up with a fever back home.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #15779 on: May 05, 2021, 09:10:53 AM »
Also, early on with the vaccines, when I told people my family wasn't ready to take it due to further fear of infertility effects. VaccineBros shoved information down our throats constantly, super insensitive to the fact, we had just spilled 50K into IUI's. Like: "I don't GAF, GET THE VACCINE!"

Like they're rough ridin' scientists, that have already lived through the long term effects of the vaccine. Good grief, it was exhausting.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 09:23:30 AM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15780 on: May 05, 2021, 09:15:42 AM »
Can confirm my wife didn't want to get it for the longest time just to tell them to eff off. After all that she had endured with her body going through that and people don't want to hear your reasons or really give a crap.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15781 on: May 05, 2021, 09:21:25 AM »
Yeah, I don't think your wife should get it until after the birth, either.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15782 on: May 05, 2021, 09:25:40 AM »
I worded it wrong. We've been trying for over a year and a half, trying to get pregnant and after all of that investment, we didn't want to potentially further our infertility chances by some rare side effect from the vaccine, that no one knew about yet. We'll both be fully chipped this afternoon, but vaccinebros don't really listen sometimes when they ask you why you're taking your time to get it.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15783 on: May 05, 2021, 09:27:45 AM »

Same. Mrs. Nicname (super preggo, NPR lib) is waiting until after the birth (6/10) as well. Not sure about her thoughts on the jab and breastfeeding tho.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #15784 on: May 05, 2021, 09:30:15 AM »
Unless it's changed recently, the guidance is for pregnant/may be pregnant in the near future women is to not get it. If a vaccinebro does not accept that, then I question the need to interact with that person.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15785 on: May 05, 2021, 09:37:18 AM »
Unless it's changed recently, the guidance is for pregnant/may be pregnant in the near future women is to not get it. If a vaccinebro does not accept that, then I question the need to interact with that person.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/pregnancy.html

worth noting the CDC is ridiculously conservative. Wish they shared the numbers on increased risk they mention - considering the number of blood clots I think the risk is super low.

But I also wouldn't shame a pregnant woman for not getting one.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #15786 on: May 05, 2021, 09:39:16 AM »

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15787 on: May 05, 2021, 09:43:11 AM »
if non-pregnant people would just all get vaxxed the pregnancy thing wouldn't be an issue

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15788 on: May 05, 2021, 09:43:45 AM »

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations/pregnancy.html

worth noting the CDC is ridiculously conservative. Wish they shared the numbers on increased risk they mention - considering the number of blood clots I think the risk is super low.

Who would? 

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15789 on: May 05, 2021, 09:51:08 AM »

Who would? 

fanning's friends

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15790 on: May 05, 2021, 09:54:21 AM »

Who would? 

fanning's friends

They must be total idiots.  I'd whip their ass for trying to shame someone with a legitimate non-trumpy reason for putting off the vax a few months. 

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15791 on: May 05, 2021, 10:23:30 AM »
I think he was saying the shaming was while they were TRYING to get pregnant.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15792 on: May 05, 2021, 10:25:21 AM »

Still idiots.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15793 on: May 05, 2021, 11:08:40 AM »

Still idiots.

And dropping thousands over the past two years with fertility Doctors. Wife has been through a lot emotionally and physically. Let her take her time on what she wants to do. That's all we were suggesting all along.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 11:12:57 AM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15794 on: May 05, 2021, 11:54:31 AM »
Biggest thing for me is hope that kids can go back to unmasked learning in the fall. The less restrictions on kids the more healthy they are. We’ve let our kids play with other kids all along, unmasked and without distance, and they’ve done great. I’m kind of in the “masks made sense for a while, vaccines make sense, losing masks after vaccines make sense” camp.

Cheers friends

That’s because you’re what they call a “reasonable” or “sensible” person, my friend.

I don't believe there is a single person reading this message board that don't have the same hopes, literally not a single one.

I bet kids were healthier by not dealing with the flu at all this year. (How much masks helped, I would like to quantify before we make any sort of call on it. But of course I'd rather not have them).

Also I think pretty much everyone in the world let their kids play with other kids unmasked and without distance through the pandemic. Not as freely as previously but I don't know anyone who didn't hang with other kids.

The fact that there are people out there who really think real people want to not allow their kids to have a normal childhood is really absurd. The nobility seeking about letting kids play is pretty hilarious.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15795 on: May 05, 2021, 12:13:58 PM »
What you’re missing is that this is a public health campaign. It’s really not that different than something like smoking. Yeah, anyone who bothered to research it knew how bad it was, and I’m sure big tobacco was repeating a lot of your talking points about people just needing to be personally responsible. But despite most doctors saying it over and over, it still took a pretty massive media campaign to convince people to actually change their behavior.

Smoking is very addictive. It takes real effort to quit.
Sure, but the equation is the same: motivation needs to overcome hesitation. Obviously with tobacco you had to get motivation pretty high to work. I don’t think a COVID vaccine campaign would need to be on that level, but I do think it would do a world of good to see some tv or Spotify ads like “vaccinated people have a .0002% chance of serious complications from COVID and a statistically insignificant chance of death. Get vaxxed and go nuts.”

This x 1000.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15796 on: May 05, 2021, 12:18:57 PM »
I bet the Fox News Crew all proudly getting vaccinated on air would have a more significant impact than any ad with statistics. Donald Trump not getting his in secret and speaking about the benefits would definitely have had a bigger impact.

Anyone worried about the stats can find them easily.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15797 on: May 05, 2021, 12:37:02 PM »
I bet the Fox News Crew all proudly getting vaccinated on air would have a more significant impact than any ad with statistics. Donald Trump not getting his in secret and speaking about the benefits would definitely have had a bigger impact.

Anyone worried about the stats can find them easily.

timely

https://twitter.com/KelseyTuoc/status/1389973853665775617

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1389997218535559171

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #15798 on: May 05, 2021, 12:45:11 PM »
Has Tucker gotten COVID or a ’chip yet?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15799 on: May 05, 2021, 01:04:02 PM »
my sister was in the same boat as wacky, down to the last egg pregnant.  Also a teacher.  Her OB advised her to take a leave of absence when school returned in person and basically told her that getting covid posed more risk to the pregnancy than the vaccine would do so far as they knew at that point.  She ended up getting chipped but it was at about 36 weeks so the baby was basically done cooking at that point.

I felt bad for her though.