Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1050058 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #15750 on: May 04, 2021, 03:51:04 PM »
comparing Tucker Carlson's anti vaxxing rants to Anthony Fauci and parents in Somerville, MA in terms of harm done is absolutely ludicrous bullshit.

I already said this wasn’t a “both-sidesing” situation. My point is that the liberal talking points have also caused damage by taking their messaging so far in the opposite direction, at least initially. I don’t think you can unring that bell.

yeah, you're not both-sidesing, you're just saying both sides have caused damage with their messaging. :thumbs:

Yeah and the damage caused by one of those sides is vastly disproportionate to the other.

You know, acting like any indictment on liberals is some kind of victory for conservatives is really kind of how we got here isn’t it?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #15751 on: May 04, 2021, 04:01:01 PM »
comparing Tucker Carlson's anti vaxxing rants to Anthony Fauci and parents in Somerville, MA in terms of harm done is absolutely ludicrous bullshit.

I already said this wasn’t a “both-sidesing” situation. My point is that the liberal talking points have also caused damage by taking their messaging so far in the opposite direction, at least initially. I don’t think you can unring that bell.

yeah, you're not both-sidesing, you're just saying both sides have caused damage with their messaging. :thumbs:

Yeah and the damage caused by one of those sides is vastly disproportionate to the other.

You know, acting like any indictment on liberals is some kind of victory for conservatives is really kind of how we got here isn’t it?
Oh bullshit.  The kowtowing to their corporate overlords dubbing them essential with every possible loophole known to man.  While they crushed small business will likely wreck extended if not permanent destruction on a substantial portion of our small business economy. 

Particularly when coupled with the massive government largess keeping people out of the workplace.  Which is hammering small businesses right now. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15752 on: May 04, 2021, 06:41:27 PM »

no, not at all

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #15753 on: May 04, 2021, 09:44:45 PM »
the good news is that it looks like we're going to be OK.  if people want to stay masked up to not get the flu or to keep avoiding covid or whatever, go for it.

i'm done wearing masks in places i'm allowed to not wear a mask though.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15755 on: May 04, 2021, 09:56:17 PM »
It's been political since day 1 and the shutdowns. Both sides have played their cards as expected and showed their asses. It's bad look on both sides. But yes, Tucker is a huge dumbass.
This isn't a "both sides" issue now. One side is clearly wrong and is without a doubt going to let to more people dying than if they did the opposite of whatever the eff they're trying to do now.
It’s definitely not a “good people on both sides” thing, but I am convinced that the messaging from the other side of “get double vaxxed, then social distance and still double mask” is doing quite a bit of harm.

We should definitely not tell people they can still acquire and spread the virus to appease the fragile and rock brained who don't possess the ability to not see through a political spectrum.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15756 on: May 04, 2021, 10:04:03 PM »

There was no opposite direction initially, Ron DeSantis did the same stuff Gavin Newsome did. The first governor who led the way with restrictions and closings was Mike DeWine. This became both side'd when a certain someone said we will open for Easter and those who don't allow it to happen don't want people to go to church. Then the economic impact put the political debate on steroids.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15757 on: May 04, 2021, 10:07:16 PM »
You can absolutely lay some of the issues at the feet of the we’re all going to die crowd.

They were right tho. Could you imagine this country going through what India is? Because it absolutely would look like that without the same precautions people are now crying about. Don't you continue to thank trump and operation warp speed? No way that happens as quickly as it did without the cautious pushing the conversation.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15758 on: May 04, 2021, 10:12:45 PM »
The mistake the liberals keep making is assuming that everyone actually cares if other people get sick and die. So when you say something like "everyone needs to get vaccinated so we can gather for parties on the 4th of July," assuming it's understood that you mean everyone should be able to do that without some of their guests getting ill and becoming crippled or dead, they think you are telling them they don't have permission to gather unless enough people get vaccinated.
"Get vaccinated so we can hang out, but I still need your kids to wear masks every day of their lives moving forward too". Right, rage?  :thumbs:

Why does someone having a different opinion on this topic seem so offensive to you? Remember the talk of "flu is more deadly?" I'm almost certain you were on that train at some point, well it will be back to killing kids, olds, and everyone else next fall when we aren't distanced, masked, and washing/sanitizing hands as vigorously.

You're treating the dude like he said all blonde people should be jailed.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15759 on: May 04, 2021, 10:59:35 PM »
You can absolutely lay some of the issues at the feet of the we’re all going to die crowd.

They were right tho. Could you imagine this country going through what India is? Because it absolutely would look like that without the same precautions people are now crying about. Don't you continue to thank trump and operation warp speed? No way that happens as quickly as it did without the cautious pushing the conversation.
Anthony Fauci historically has been almost criminally cautious when it comes to the development of new treatments and vaccines.  The AIDS movement essentially wanted to assassinate the guy. 

So yes, everyone should be thanking Trump. If it were up to normal Fauci, we probably still wouldn’t have a vaccine.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15760 on: May 05, 2021, 12:00:46 AM »
It's been political since day 1 and the shutdowns. Both sides have played their cards as expected and showed their asses. It's bad look on both sides. But yes, Tucker is a huge dumbass.
This isn't a "both sides" issue now. One side is clearly wrong and is without a doubt going to let to more people dying than if they did the opposite of whatever the eff they're trying to do now.
It’s definitely not a “good people on both sides” thing, but I am convinced that the messaging from the other side of “get double vaxxed, then social distance and still double mask” is doing quite a bit of harm.

We should definitely not tell people they can still acquire and spread the virus to appease the fragile and rock brained who don't possess the ability to not see through a political spectrum.

We should tell people exactly what the percentages of those things happening are as far as the data can tell us, which is like 1/2500 chance of catching covid from someone else. That's less than your odds of getting in a car crash on a 1,000 road trip.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15761 on: May 05, 2021, 12:01:26 AM »

It’s not just a political element at this point. There are plenty of people who are irrationally worried about the COVID vaccine. Heck some are even rationally worried. These people are not getting vaccinated now because the messaging on the upside of being vaccinated has been horrendous and they don’t see it being worth the risk or effort.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15762 on: May 05, 2021, 12:09:48 AM »

It’s not just a political element at this point. There are plenty of people who are irrationally worried about the COVID vaccine. Heck some are even rationally worried. These people are not getting vaccinated now because the messaging on the upside of being vaccinated has been horrendous and they don’t see it being worth the risk or effort.

Yes. We need that actual data out there front and center for this as well, especially regarding severe/life-threatening stuff.

The message of "You have to get the vaccine, but it doesn't make you completely safe, so you need to mask up, and also a lot of people suffer side effects from the vaccine, which has only been approved for emergency use" isn't going to cut it.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #15763 on: May 05, 2021, 12:45:01 AM »
We really just need COVID to be more efficient at killing unchip’d.

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #15764 on: May 05, 2021, 01:27:26 AM »

Anthony Fauci historically has been almost criminally cautious when it comes to the development of new treatments and vaccines.  The AIDS movement essentially wanted to assassinate the guy. 

So yes, everyone should be thanking Trump. If it were up to normal Fauci, we probably still wouldn’t have a vaccine.

you still don't understand what the NIH does and does not do, huh?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15765 on: May 05, 2021, 01:36:01 AM »

We should tell people exactly what the percentages of those things happening are as far as the data can tell us, which is like 1/2500 chance of catching covid from someone else. That's less than your odds of getting in a car crash on a 1,000 road trip.

You know the odds, there doesn't need to be some disclaimer every time someone talks about COVID. At some point people have to take personal responsibility.

I wear my seat belt, even if I don't think I'll get in a wreck. I listen to the safety briefing on an airplane even when I don't think the plane will crash. I wash my hands even when I don't think I have deadly germs on them. I look out for cars in parking lots. I lock my house at night even though the crime rate in my neighborhood is nearly nonexistent.

We do all types of crap to mitigate risk even though the risk is low. We often will take multiple measures to mitigate the very same risks, we do the crap everyday.

The reasoning to take additional mitigation efforts after getting vaccinated is quite clear, do it or don't, I personally don't give a eff. However, acting like the introduction of these mitigation methods is some kind of outrageous demand, and humoring people that do think this is beyond stupid. As I'm sure these people lock their houses and have guns for protection and wear seat belts while driving the speed limit, stuck in the rough ridin' left lane.

You can humor people's bullshit hypocrisy, I won't. I'll gladly call a moron a moron.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15766 on: May 05, 2021, 07:43:23 AM »
What you’re missing is that this is a public health campaign. It’s really not that different than something like smoking. Yeah, anyone who bothered to research it knew how bad it was, and I’m sure big tobacco was repeating a lot of your talking points about people just needing to be personally responsible. But despite most doctors saying it over and over, it still took a pretty massive media campaign to convince people to actually change their behavior.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #15767 on: May 05, 2021, 07:58:03 AM »
dumbass acquaintance from KC went to Mexico, tested positive for Covid towards the end of their trip, were stuck in Mexico for a month. kids home with the grandparents for A MONTH.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15768 on: May 05, 2021, 08:16:27 AM »
I shopped at hy vee unmasked this week. It was amaze.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15769 on: May 05, 2021, 08:24:08 AM »
Biggest thing for me is hope that kids can go back to unmasked learning in the fall. The less restrictions on kids the more healthy they are. We’ve let our kids play with other kids all along, unmasked and without distance, and they’ve done great. I’m kind of in the “masks made sense for a while, vaccines make sense, losing masks after vaccines make sense” camp.

Cheers friends

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15770 on: May 05, 2021, 08:30:44 AM »
What you’re missing is that this is a public health campaign. It’s really not that different than something like smoking. Yeah, anyone who bothered to research it knew how bad it was, and I’m sure big tobacco was repeating a lot of your talking points about people just needing to be personally responsible. But despite most doctors saying it over and over, it still took a pretty massive media campaign to convince people to actually change their behavior.

Smoking is very addictive. It takes real effort to quit.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15771 on: May 05, 2021, 08:31:34 AM »
Biggest thing for me is hope that kids can go back to unmasked learning in the fall. The less restrictions on kids the more healthy they are. We’ve let our kids play with other kids all along, unmasked and without distance, and they’ve done great. I’m kind of in the “masks made sense for a while, vaccines make sense, losing masks after vaccines make sense” camp.

Cheers friends

That’s because you’re what they call a “reasonable” or “sensible” person, my friend.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15772 on: May 05, 2021, 08:40:11 AM »

Cheers friends

That’s because you’re what they call a “reasonable” or “sensible” person, my friend.

I don't believe there is a single person reading this message board that don't have the same hopes, literally not a single one.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15773 on: May 05, 2021, 08:56:35 AM »

Cheers friends

I don't believe there is a single person reading this message board that don't have the same hopes, literally not a single one.

Who said there were? I was mostly responding to the bold.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #15774 on: May 05, 2021, 09:02:50 AM »
The mistake the liberals keep making is assuming that everyone actually cares if other people get sick and die. So when you say something like "everyone needs to get vaccinated so we can gather for parties on the 4th of July," assuming it's understood that you mean everyone should be able to do that without some of their guests getting ill and becoming crippled or dead, they think you are telling them they don't have permission to gather unless enough people get vaccinated.
"Get vaccinated so we can hang out, but I still need your kids to wear masks every day of their lives moving forward too". Right, rage?  :thumbs:

Why does someone having a different opinion on this topic seem so offensive to you? Remember the talk of "flu is more deadly?" I'm almost certain you were on that train at some point, well it will be back to killing kids, olds, and everyone else next fall when we aren't distanced, masked, and washing/sanitizing hands as vigorously.

You're treating the dude like he said all blonde people should be jailed.
He's pretty much saying vaccines don't work and we should continue to wear masks after getting our vaccines.  :dunno: Just calling out the lunacy here and lol at people not taking offense to differing opinions on here.