Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1068689 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #13550 on: January 17, 2021, 11:51:09 AM »
Any part of a plan that relies on americans to do the right thing should be presumed to fail. I’d put no resources into those parts of a plan at this point and reallocate those resources to 24/7 chip’n.

yeah as long as we have magas from Alabama who want to load up, drive to DC to play Mel Gibson but end up tazing their own stones until they die we can't count on the public

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13551 on: January 17, 2021, 12:06:50 PM »
Let's write all this down so we can get in front of the next one. This is an embracement.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13552 on: January 17, 2021, 12:18:40 PM »
Embracement indeed
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13553 on: January 17, 2021, 12:21:16 PM »
Embracement indeed
Lol. Embrace this time fellas!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13554 on: January 17, 2021, 12:56:07 PM »
just as a counter to all the doom a gloom today - i think we should start seeing daily deaths come down pretty dramatically in 3 or 4 weeks.  we seem to be mostly done with health care workers, 50% or better done with nursing home residents and starting in on the general population elderly.  we're getting to where we're vaccinating close to a million per day and at that rate we'll move through the over 75 crowd pretty fast.

we'll still have a ton of cases, but death rates should go into a steep tailspin.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13555 on: January 17, 2021, 12:59:58 PM »
just as a counter to all the doom a gloom today - i think we should start seeing daily deaths come down pretty dramatically in 3 or 4 weeks.  we seem to be mostly done with health care workers, 50% or better done with nursing home residents and starting in on the general population elderly.  we're getting to where we're vaccinating close to a million per day and at that rate we'll move through the over 75 crowd pretty fast.

we'll still have a ton of cases, but death rates should go into a steep tailspin.

My new Dlew!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13556 on: January 17, 2021, 01:14:57 PM »

Agreed. My grandparents get on the waiting list for the jab on Monday. Hope to get it in the next couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13557 on: January 17, 2021, 01:19:49 PM »
I'm getting first-hand anecdotes of people in these initial groups who get the vaccine physically fighting off chip installers.  Even a relatively successful nursing home mass installation had 2 people not get chips, one because he was already sick with regular old-person stuff and shouldn't get it that day and another who had their family there just now demanding data as to chip safety, side effects, etc. even though this was scheduled weeks ago.  More commonly, the residents of these homes are totally out-of-the-loop this will be happening because the homes have done no preparation, and it takes absurd amounts of time to go room to room just in hope to get a majority of the residents chip'd.

What I've gathered is that 'chips should be and always should've been split 50-50 or similar with one share going through this shitty process that's happening now, as inefficient as it is, to try to get as many of the most at risk people chip'd, and the other share going to commoners who are most enthusiastic and amenable to getting chip'd ASAP.  That combination of installs would be most effectively accomplishing the dual goals of trying to get the most at-risk chip'd and getting as high of a proportion of humans chip'd as fast as we can, the latter of which is necessary for any of the chips to truly accomplish the goal.

Generally I think the rollout plans are fine. Turning even half of the supply into a free-for-all will have its own set of issues because people generally are selfish assholes.

On the local level the inefficiency of administering of the vaccine is wholly on the shoulders of the entity holding said vaccine. Local news here did an interview with the local county of health. They have a call list and reserves their last hour each day to giving out vaccine of the people who missed appointments that day. They interviewed a pharmacist that does the same thing. Both said they haven't had a single day where they didn't use all of the vaccines that they opened that day. We can certainly blame the government that there isn't enough out there, although that's changing soon, but these entities taking the vaccine need to take the logistics of this seriously before they commit to getting it.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13558 on: January 17, 2021, 01:33:47 PM »
I'm getting first-hand anecdotes of people in these initial groups who get the vaccine physically fighting off chip installers.  Even a relatively successful nursing home mass installation had 2 people not get chips, one because he was already sick with regular old-person stuff and shouldn't get it that day and another who had their family there just now demanding data as to chip safety, side effects, etc. even though this was scheduled weeks ago.  More commonly, the residents of these homes are totally out-of-the-loop this will be happening because the homes have done no preparation, and it takes absurd amounts of time to go room to room just in hope to get a majority of the residents chip'd.

What I've gathered is that 'chips should be and always should've been split 50-50 or similar with one share going through this shitty process that's happening now, as inefficient as it is, to try to get as many of the most at risk people chip'd, and the other share going to commoners who are most enthusiastic and amenable to getting chip'd ASAP.  That combination of installs would be most effectively accomplishing the dual goals of trying to get the most at-risk chip'd and getting as high of a proportion of humans chip'd as fast as we can, the latter of which is necessary for any of the chips to truly accomplish the goal.

Generally I think the rollout plans are fine. Turning even half of the supply into a free-for-all will have its own set of issues because people generally are selfish assholes.

On the local level the inefficiency of administering of the vaccine is wholly on the shoulders of the entity holding said vaccine. Local news here did an interview with the local county of health. They have a call list and reserves their last hour each day to giving out vaccine of the people who missed appointments that day. They interviewed a pharmacist that does the same thing. Both said they haven't had a single day where they didn't use all of the vaccines that they opened that day. We can certainly blame the government that there isn't enough out there, although that's changing soon, but these entities taking the vaccine need to take the logistics of this seriously before they commit to getting it.

I absolutely put a lot of blame many of the entities, but they're incompetently trying to execute plans that dictate they 'chip ALL of a category before chip'n anyone outside the category, and in turn wasting 'chips and delaying the eventual installation in the requisite amount.  I now also place some blame on - not the olds themselves - but the facilities that house the olds in making it very difficult to get the 'chips into those category members.

What I'm suggesting should've happened and should happen going forward is to get to the goal by going at it from both sides, continuing what's happening now (ideally with better execution among the installers and install-ees), but also having a registry or something where anyone can express their enthusiasm, willingness, and availability to be chip'd and with a batch being allocated to chip'n all of those people for whom the speed of doing so will be incredibly rapid.  Like take sign-ups for everyone wiling to meet strict rules at a specific mass 'chip station during a specific window of time, do a lottery if necessary for that station/window and bang 'em out like a kietzman link. 

What you're describing is happening with some local providers sounds great and is an element of both parts of the spectrum I'm talking about.  Make it very easy to find out who in the target category wants and will be chip'd and have a backup slot that same day, and also take sign-ups now for every other category, location, time, etc.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13559 on: January 17, 2021, 05:49:37 PM »
not that bad, really.  add in natural infections, and we're immunizing maybe 4-5% of the population per week.

https://twitter.com/dnvolz/status/1350950639958896642
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13560 on: January 17, 2021, 05:58:34 PM »
That’s a good post sys, more of that please.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13561 on: January 17, 2021, 07:28:24 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13562 on: January 17, 2021, 07:29:15 PM »
That’s a good post sys, more of that please.

Gottlieb was Peggy pos a couple weeks ago about # of chips + natural immunity getting us to a point of less spreadability by end of the month.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13564 on: January 18, 2021, 08:34:05 AM »
While small benefits cannot be excluded, we do not find significant benefits on case
growth of more restrictive NPIs. Similar reductions in case growth may be achievable with less
restrictive interventions.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/eci.13484

The analytics continue to destroy lock-downs.

A study at Johns Hopkins in 2019 (pre-virus) indicated that lockdowns would be a far more effective political tool than a useful tool for intervention and reduction in the spread of viral infections such as SARS-Covid-19.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13565 on: January 18, 2021, 09:07:06 AM »
Biden plan frustratingly simple. Yet another swing and miss from the current admin. We are all shocked

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/18/opinion/biden-covid-19-plan.html

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13566 on: January 18, 2021, 09:19:55 AM »
Should have been done months ago?  Looks at calendar, then looks at first vaccine shipment dates.

Goodness, it's just sad to see BidenVoter so easily swayed by simpleton writings.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13567 on: January 18, 2021, 09:33:31 AM »
Should have been done months ago?  Looks at calendar, then looks at first vaccine shipment dates.

Goodness, it's just sad to see BidenVoter so easily swayed by simpleton writings.

I've enjoyed you backing the trump regime exposing it's whole ass these 4 years at every turn dax. Been a real pleasure. You are a true patriot carrying all that water. Way to hold those public officials feet to the fire with kids gloves on.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13568 on: January 18, 2021, 09:34:56 AM »
It's good to know that you want Ezra Klein an opinion writer for the NYT's to lead you down this path of stupidity, Phil.

Not the least bit surprising.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13569 on: January 18, 2021, 09:39:04 AM »
It's confirmation of what we've been saying on here about  trump's rollout plan was idiotic and poorly planned. Much like his entire presidency of failures. Of course down there in alabama (worst % of vaccine rolled out still?) you think it's a perfect plan. Go hug your mypillow tight and plan your visit to the 3 miles of border wall before it falls down.  Good grief.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13570 on: January 18, 2021, 09:43:37 AM »
I didn't say it was the perfect plan, dummy. 

It's just good to know that you like the opinion writer at the New York Times make everything sound so easy.

Months ago?   There was nothing to distribute months ago.

It's also good to know that with people like you around, working for state and local governments at a senior level will continue to be some of the cushiest jobs on the planet with virtually no accountability and to be able to constantly say that they just didn't know what to do and they need the Federal government to tell them . . . and the Phil Titola's of the world will never call them on it.   

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13571 on: January 18, 2021, 09:56:35 AM »
Well, a friend of mine named Steven Miller wrote that plan
And he told me it was the perfect covid and western plan
I wrote him back a letter and told him it was not the perfect covid and western plan
Because he hadn't said anything about at all about pharma
Or trains, or trucks, or prison, or getting drunk

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13572 on: January 18, 2021, 10:05:01 AM »
Thanks for agreeing dax. We all know there are weak state and county officials that have never done a mass vaccination operations. Only the worst of the worst plans would lean almost totally on those groups to execute rollout.  All you accomplish with a plan like that is being able to shift blame off yourself, which a loyal worshipper like yourself is happy to execute for them.

Instead of planning for minimize your known weakness, this plan seeks to expose it. Be like running the offense through dax jones or something.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13573 on: January 18, 2021, 10:10:31 AM »
hospitalizations and ICU numbers decreased this week for the first time since September. so that's great news.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13574 on: January 18, 2021, 10:45:14 AM »
Thanks for agreeing dax. We all know there are weak state and county officials that have never done a mass vaccination operations. Only the worst of the worst plans would lean almost totally on those groups to execute rollout.  All you accomplish with a plan like that is being able to shift blame off yourself, which a loyal worshipper like yourself is happy to execute for them.

Instead of planning for minimize your known weakness, this plan seeks to expose it. Be like running the offense through dax jones or something.

Unfortunately Phil, you live in an echo chamber where everyone who isn't an expert on anything really tells you it's all being done wrong and they would have done it differently.   You then take that and parrot it around.

Expecting senior public health officials to do their job isn't showing loyalty to anyone or anything, Phil.  But you'll always be hyper-partisan dumbass who will never admit that the vast majority of Chi-Com Joe's plan is simply regurgitated, and you'll never admit that his "team" is full of proponents of things that are being shown again and again to be absolutely worthless in regard to stopping the virus.   Yet, simpletons like you like the sound of it, because it makes you feel like something is being done.