Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1065503 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #13575 on: January 18, 2021, 11:17:15 AM »
just as a counter to all the doom a gloom today - i think we should start seeing daily deaths come down pretty dramatically in 3 or 4 weeks.  we seem to be mostly done with health care workers, 50% or better done with nursing home residents and starting in on the general population elderly.  we're getting to where we're vaccinating close to a million per day and at that rate we'll move through the over 75 crowd pretty fast.

we'll still have a ton of cases, but death rates should go into a steep tailspin.

My new Dlew!
Yeah I stopped paying attention to daily stuff ever since the chip was released.  Full on sprint to chipping imo. 

Nice to have a light at the end of the tunnel.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13576 on: January 18, 2021, 11:32:22 AM »
Should have been done months ago?  Looks at calendar, then looks at first vaccine shipment dates.

Goodness, it's just sad to see BidenVoter so easily swayed by simpleton writings.
Waiting to come up with a plan until the day it is needed is a move I like to make at work, but I still don’t like it when the Federal Government does it.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13577 on: January 18, 2021, 12:12:03 PM »
Should have been done months ago?  Looks at calendar, then looks at first vaccine shipment dates.

Goodness, it's just sad to see BidenVoter so easily swayed by simpleton writings.
Waiting to come up with a plan until the day it is needed is a move I like to make at work, but I still don’t like it when the Federal Government does it.

That's not what happened.   Phil just likes to pick and choose his moments when he tell Federalism to go eff itself, and then a few days later he'll be telling the Federal government to get its hand off his body.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13578 on: January 18, 2021, 12:44:30 PM »
My bad. I must have misconstrued your incredulous comment about the government needing a plan “months ago” as suggesting there was no need to have a plan months ago.

#slowcat

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13579 on: January 18, 2021, 12:59:13 PM »
My bad. I must have misconstrued your incredulous comment about the government needing a plan “months ago” as suggesting there was no need to have a plan months ago.

#slowcat

There's a plan, and the people complaining about the plan have never even had to plan anything this remotely complicated in their entire lives.   Most of them can barely plan their first cup of coffee, but you listen to them anyway.

Local and state public health officials had months to prepare, and billions upon billions of dollars of Cares Act money floating around to help pay for it.

The purposeful (well may it's not on purpose) dimwit act is tiresome. cat

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13580 on: January 18, 2021, 01:11:34 PM »
Thank goodness we have an expert mass vaccination planner in our midsts like dax to educate us that this is the best plan that could have been made.

He really seems to know a lot about a lot of things. His talents are truly wasted here.

Why make a viable plan when you can pass the buck to shawnee ks health officials and point at them when they don't roll out quickly. A thing we all knew they would not be great at.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13581 on: January 18, 2021, 02:19:36 PM »
guessing J&J gets their vaccine approved first week of Feb'ish. That'll be a game changer...hopefully.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13582 on: January 18, 2021, 02:42:41 PM »
When do we get full stadiums, arenas and restaurants/bars?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13583 on: January 18, 2021, 02:45:16 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13584 on: January 18, 2021, 02:46:37 PM »

Why settle for 2022 when 2021 is available?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13585 on: January 18, 2021, 02:51:41 PM »
I think a lot of people will be dying way into 2021 unfortunately. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13586 on: January 18, 2021, 02:57:47 PM »
Already have a lot of full restaurants and bars!
:adios:

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13587 on: January 18, 2021, 03:39:47 PM »

KU football is hopeful!

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #13588 on: January 18, 2021, 06:15:47 PM »
Already have a lot of full restaurants and bars!
Yeah, my money is on 2021. People are already over coronavirus when it’s like twice as bad as ever. The market will demand in person sporting events once cases and deaths are low enough you don’t have to worry about a hospital bed being available when you get in a scrap under the Ernie Barrett statue.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13589 on: January 18, 2021, 06:32:44 PM »
I think we'll see full cfb stadiums in 2021. I mean we have quarter full stadiums now, (which is ridiculous), and by September anyone who wants a jab should have one.

Indoor events might take longer but again, idiot college basketball has crowds right now!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13590 on: January 18, 2021, 06:43:40 PM »
Can someone get me some statistics on highly spaced fans wearing masks in 80,000 seat outdoor stadiums with 7K people in attendance.  What's the virus attack rate in that setting?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13591 on: January 18, 2021, 06:46:47 PM »
I think we'll see full cfb stadiums in 2021. I mean we have quarter full stadiums now, (which is ridiculous), and by September anyone who wants a jab should have one.

Indoor events might take longer but again, idiot college basketball has crowds right now!

Ridiculous? How so? Seems pretty reasonable imo. We know enough about the virus to know outdoor events are generally nbd as far as covid spread, especially distanced as they typically have been.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13592 on: January 18, 2021, 06:49:10 PM »
The spread doesn't come from them in their seats but I'd agree with masks on doesn't seem like our biggest risk. If I were a team I'm not sure I'd want to mess with staffing an NFL stadium for 10k people

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13593 on: January 18, 2021, 06:53:32 PM »

Ridiculous? How so? Seems pretty reasonable imo. We know enough about the virus to know outdoor events are generally nbd as far as covid spread, especially distanced as they typically have been.

It's ridiculous given the state of the pandemic.  We have zero contact tracing infrastructure so we really don't know crap about spread at these events. We do however know that numbers of cases and hospitalizations are out of control everywhere.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13594 on: January 18, 2021, 06:54:54 PM »
Thousands of essential employees go to their job every day and those that act properly are not getting the virus.   Now we're worried about spread in cavernous outdoor stadiums that are built to hold 80k people and only have 25% of that in the house? 

We've literally got the Mayor of Chicago and the Gov New York (totally expected given that ChiCom Joe was elected) reversing course on opening things.

Like numerous studies continue to say.   The "cure" for the virus is on its way to being worse than the virus itself.   But political control is political control and CoronaBros do the most whining.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13595 on: January 18, 2021, 06:57:25 PM »

It's ridiculous given the state of the pandemic.  We have zero contact tracing infrastructure so we really don't know crap about spread at these events. We do however know that numbers of cases and hospitalizations are out of control everywhere.
Point being, if there are quarter-full crowds during what I hope is the peak, there will be full crowds when everyone that wants a jab will have one.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13596 on: January 18, 2021, 06:58:24 PM »
There will not be full crowds next fall, unless the Pandemic is declared officially over.   Good grief.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13597 on: January 18, 2021, 06:59:11 PM »
I’m here for the word cavernous
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13598 on: January 18, 2021, 07:02:34 PM »

Like numerous studies continue to say.   The "cure" for the virus is on its way to being worse than the virus itself.   But political control is political control and CoronaBros do the most whining.

Please provide said studies.

What political reason do you think is behind limiting crowd sizes?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13599 on: January 18, 2021, 07:13:14 PM »

Please provide said studies.

What political reason do you think is behind limiting crowd sizes?

I've provided them in this thread, just today.

Pay attention