Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1068601 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #13450 on: January 15, 2021, 04:11:33 PM »
The National Guard is now our friend (ProgFascist Nation)

Have 1000% always been my bros.  I think i was pretty front of the line in them being lead chippers for us

:cheers:

Dax thinks Caldwell Co. health director should know how to tamp down a global pandemic and do a mass vaccine rollout because THEY MAKE 100K!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13451 on: January 15, 2021, 04:14:04 PM »
Chuck is right, chip those 500 people

He said NFL and NBA, so more like 3500.

What about others who make "a lot of money," where exactly does this slope end?

I don't know if I have mentioned this or not, but my mother has lupus and myeloma and she has to wait in line with regular people to get the vaccine. She lives in an NBA and NFL city. If the roughly 150 NBA and NFL personnel gets the vaccine before she does and then she gets COVID waiting to get it, should I be pissed about that?
Not any more pissed than prisoners getting it first, IMO. You can always make up another group to blame if you miss out on an opportunity.

I hope you don't think I wouldn't be pissed with prisoners getting vaccinated before the general public does. They are in a controlled environment. The corrections officers should be in 1B and that should be an industry that requires the vaccine. Prisoners should fall into whatever category they would be in if they weren't in prison.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13452 on: January 15, 2021, 04:18:01 PM »
The National Guard is now our friend (ProgFascist Nation)

Have 1000% always been my bros.  I think i was pretty front of the line in them being lead chippers for us

:cheers:

Dax thinks Caldwell Co. health director should know how to tamp down a global pandemic and do a mass vaccine rollout because THEY MAKE 100K!

The constituents of Caldwell County and of that state expect their well paid public health people to do their job.   Not continuously shrug their shoulders and expect the Federal government to tell them what to do every step of the way.    This has nothing to do with asking local public health officials to act on a global scale, so as usual, a perfectly shitty (or beautiful depending on your perspective) strawman from Phil.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13455 on: January 15, 2021, 05:06:07 PM »
Yeah, the quote at the bottom is where I am at.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13457 on: January 15, 2021, 05:27:33 PM »
Good news: mom got the vaccine today, it was a complete surprise, she went in for a MRI consultation.

Bad news: she has apparently been on a waiting list but no one told her, and wouldn't have unless she asked, then they sent her to the wrong place at the hospital complex to get it, they gave it to her anyway, and equally important gave her an actual appointment on February 5 to get the second shot.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13458 on: January 15, 2021, 05:37:39 PM »
Good news: mom got the vaccine today, it was a complete surprise, she went in for a MRI consultation.

Bad news: she has apparently been on a waiting list but no one told her, and wouldn't have unless she asked, then they sent her to the wrong place at the hospital complex to get it, they gave it to her anyway, and equally important gave her an actual appointment on February 5 to get the second shot.

yeah I don't know if it's just our health care system or what but that's sadly not surprising. Lots of info says "ask your physician" like who the eff has a physician these days when a job change might mean you have to blow it all up?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13459 on: January 15, 2021, 05:56:02 PM »

What state?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13460 on: January 15, 2021, 05:56:36 PM »

yeah I don't know if it's just our health care system or what but that's sadly not surprising. Lots of info says "ask your physician" like who the eff has a physician these days when a job change might mean you have to blow it all up?

I have one and she's amazeballs but she is stalling me out with an answer about my vaccine.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13461 on: January 15, 2021, 06:01:26 PM »

What state?

Texas. Specifically Dallas. She was on the list with the county to get the vaccine at Fair Park, but then after that they said they would give it to everyone over 65, regardless of condition. The problem is that they only give out 2000 shots a day at Fair Park, which is frankly an outrage. They should be giving that many out before 11AM. Her doctors appointment today was at the Parkland complex, they sent her to the wrong building there after her MRI appointment was set. Thankfully they apparently give the vaccine at multiple buildings at the complex and they just gave it to her where the nurse of the General Practitioner sent her.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13462 on: January 15, 2021, 06:03:22 PM »
Glad she got it but man that anecdote doesn’t bode well for the overall rollout of the vaccine
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13463 on: January 15, 2021, 06:24:44 PM »

I’m sure if they consulted you two it would be going smooth af
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 06:29:07 PM by kim carnes »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13464 on: January 15, 2021, 06:25:56 PM »

What state?

Texas. Specifically Dallas. She was on the list with the county to get the vaccine at Fair Park, but then after that they said they would give it to everyone over 65, regardless of condition. The problem is that they only give out 2000 shots a day at Fair Park, which is frankly an outrage. They should be giving that many out before 11AM. Her doctors appointment today was at the Parkland complex, they sent her to the wrong building there after her MRI appointment was set. Thankfully they apparently give the vaccine at multiple buildings at the complex and they just gave it to her where the nurse of the General Practitioner sent her.

That's a whacky story. I've seen the Fair Park issues on the local news, here. The traffic flow in that area sucks major ass. However, I'm happy to hear that Dallas Cnty is not relying on Fair Park as their sole vaccination site.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13465 on: January 15, 2021, 06:35:49 PM »

Appreciate the confidence

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13466 on: January 15, 2021, 06:37:54 PM »
I have an annual physical on Jan 29 and I'm pretty sure I'm the only patient my MD sees under the age of 75. I am, for sure, going to try to get chipped AF while in there. I started going there when I moved here after college because my grandmother said "he is the best" and thought I did annual physicals prior to that for some reason, lmao.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13467 on: January 15, 2021, 08:18:46 PM »
I have an annual physical on Jan 29 and I'm pretty sure I'm the only patient my MD sees under the age of 75. I am, for sure, going to try to get chipped AF while in there. I started going there when I moved here after college because my grandmother said "he is the best" and thought I did annual physicals prior to that for some reason, lmao.
I tried this. He just laughed at me and showed me his chip.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13468 on: January 15, 2021, 08:20:34 PM »
yes, but did you try it in two weeks? I've timed this basically perfectly in my idiot opinion.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13469 on: January 15, 2021, 08:21:15 PM »

Weird time to take a shot, you've clearly been waiting, I hope it felt great.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13472 on: January 15, 2021, 09:02:22 PM »
Missouri is just disgusting
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13473 on: January 15, 2021, 09:19:28 PM »

Interesting, I have a physical with a new Dr. the same day.  What if this board's 2 most important posters were chipped on the same day?

Would have to be a holiday or at least we all play music and fist pump.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13474 on: January 15, 2021, 10:26:08 PM »
Missouri is just disgusting

It sadly takes their loved ones to get severely ill or die for some of them to ever take it seriously.  Unfortunately for some even that doesn’t do it.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.