Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1069657 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #13425 on: January 15, 2021, 12:18:17 PM »
Chuck is right, chip those 500 people

He said NFL and NBA, so more like 3500.

What about others who make "a lot of money," where exactly does this slope end?

I don't know if I have mentioned this or not, but my mother has lupus and myeloma and she has to wait in line with regular people to get the vaccine. She lives in an NBA and NFL city. If the roughly 150 NBA and NFL personnel gets the vaccine before she does and then she gets COVID waiting to get it, should I be pissed about that?

NFL is pretty much done, they should go to the back of the line. And I think your mom should definitely go ahead of the NBA, but I don't think the ~25-50 vaccines the NBA required would make a difference for your mom in a major city.

As for high earners going first, I don't agree with Chuck on that. Plenty of high earners can work remotely and still keep people employed. NBA'ers can't

Yeah, I don't exactly think Chuck had thoroughly workshopped his argument with consultants and focus groups...

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13426 on: January 15, 2021, 12:31:03 PM »
Right. I don’t think the actual argument is for high earners, but those who have to perform their jobs in person in order to to sustain other jobs like networks, production crews, etc.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13427 on: January 15, 2021, 12:32:37 PM »

I don't know if I have mentioned this or not, but my mother has lupus and myeloma and she has to wait in line with regular people to get the vaccine. She lives in an NBA and NFL city. If the roughly 150 NBA and NFL personnel gets the vaccine before she does and then she gets COVID waiting to get it, should I be pissed about that?
Not any more pissed than prisoners getting it first, IMO. You can always make up another group to blame if you miss out on an opportunity.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13428 on: January 15, 2021, 12:44:56 PM »

NFL is pretty much done, they should go to the back of the line. And I think your mom should definitely go ahead of the NBA, but I don't think the ~25-50 vaccines the NBA required would make a difference for your mom in a major city.

As for high earners going first, I don't agree with Chuck on that. Plenty of high earners can work remotely and still keep people employed. NBA'ers can't

Yeah, I don't exactly think Chuck had thoroughly workshopped his argument with consultants and focus groups...

let's cancel his ass

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #13429 on: January 15, 2021, 01:06:51 PM »
I think Chuck's argument is pretty dumb and agree with MIR that it sets a slippery slope.  That's OK though.

My other sister got chipped yesterday fwiw. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13430 on: January 15, 2021, 01:36:53 PM »
wife got chipped this morning.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13431 on: January 15, 2021, 02:19:53 PM »
There is no good way to look at an argument that one of the youngest, healthiest, and wealthiest groups of people in the United States should receive priority for the vaccine. Good grief.
What about the argument already said multiple times so far that on a shot-per-shot basis it has incredibly disproportionate potential to benefit the economy? Or are you saying outbreaks be damned they can play on and hopefully any vulnerable collateral damage would be vaxxed up by then?

It's a bullshit argument. It's not like they aren't playing games without the shot, so the ability to fill the arenas will have a greater economic impact than whether or not teams have their full roster available for every game.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13432 on: January 15, 2021, 02:38:23 PM »

There is no good way to look at an argument that one of the youngest, healthiest, and wealthiest groups of people in the United States should receive priority for the vaccine. Good grief.
What about the argument already said multiple times so far that on a shot-per-shot basis it has incredibly disproportionate potential to benefit the economy? Or are you saying outbreaks be damned they can play on and hopefully any vulnerable collateral damage would be vaxxed up by then?

It's a bullshit argument. It's not like they aren't playing games without the shot, so the ability to fill the arenas will have a greater economic impact than whether or not teams have their full roster available for every game.

They're cancelling lots of games and the players getting vaxxed won't slow down the return of crowds in any meaningful way.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #13434 on: January 15, 2021, 02:53:11 PM »
Give me that chip!
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13435 on: January 15, 2021, 02:54:27 PM »
Joey badass comes through again
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13436 on: January 15, 2021, 02:54:41 PM »
hell yeah

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1350182678423863297

I thought the national guard was only here to stop mindless demigod followers from burning down all our civic buildings this week?

This for some reason reminded me of a tweet thread I saw this morning

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1350062078602731527

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13437 on: January 15, 2021, 02:59:07 PM »

They're cancelling lots of games and the players getting vaxxed won't slow down the return of crowds in any meaningful way.

They are postponing games, not cancelling them. If the NBA players get the vaccine, then anyone else who wants one should be able to sign up and get one on a first come, first serve basis as well.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13438 on: January 15, 2021, 03:10:39 PM »

They are postponing games, not cancelling them. If the NBA players get the vaccine, then anyone else who wants one should be able to sign up and get one on a first come, first serve basis as well.

Good idea.  This vaccination plan is too slow.  Get front line healthcare done, yes, for sure.  Then take the next "phase" of people, set some chip aside to prioritize some of them and take the rest of the chip and give it out ASAP.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13439 on: January 15, 2021, 03:24:14 PM »
The CDC will lower the cycling thresholds and positive cases will decrease.   The virus is a not a political tool, though. 

In other news:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-15/norway-warns-of-vaccination-risks-for-sick-patients-over-80

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13440 on: January 15, 2021, 03:30:36 PM »
CDC Thursday = We'll release the backup chips

CDC  Friday = Uhhh, we don't have any backup chips, sorry states.

Cluster.  Get some adults in there.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13441 on: January 15, 2021, 03:44:18 PM »
National guard, thumping heads of played out magas on wednesday, chippin' grannies on thursday.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13442 on: January 15, 2021, 03:45:51 PM »
The National Guard is now our friend (ProgFascist Nation)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13443 on: January 15, 2021, 03:51:33 PM »

Have 1000% always been my bros.  I think i was pretty front of the line in them being lead chippers for us

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13444 on: January 15, 2021, 03:54:11 PM »

Have 1000% always been my bros.  I think i was pretty front of the line in them being lead chippers for us

. . . and only bring them around if MAGA heads need to be busted, otherwise just let it all burn (Slow Dug)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #13445 on: January 15, 2021, 03:58:53 PM »
Sir, I will jump through whatever mysterious and difficult hoops necessary

https://twitter.com/CNBCClosingBell/status/1350199223963299853

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13446 on: January 15, 2021, 04:05:20 PM »

. . . and only bring them around if MAGA heads need to be busted, otherwise just let it all burn (Slow Dug)

I am cool with them thumping heads of any criminals.  my head thumping does not see color, it sees crime (and balls being self roasted by total hicks).

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13447 on: January 15, 2021, 04:06:47 PM »
Right. I don’t think the actual argument is for high earners, but those who have to perform their jobs in person in order to to sustain other jobs like networks, production crews, etc.

I'm going to choose to take him at his word instead of interpreting something else. Production crews don't "pay a lot of taxes."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13448 on: January 15, 2021, 04:09:19 PM »

:cheers:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13449 on: January 15, 2021, 04:11:02 PM »

:cheers:

I'm also pretty certain he was one of the people mocking us.