Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1068350 times)

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #11901 on: November 16, 2020, 12:06:28 PM »

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11902 on: November 16, 2020, 12:30:04 PM »
New KCMO (not metro) rules until 1/31
Masks on inside, no exceptions, we used to have exceptions if you could be socially distanced.  Back to 50% capacity.  Groups under 10 people.  Bars/restaurants close up at 10pm (assume can still do carryout after that)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11903 on: November 16, 2020, 12:49:30 PM »
Warning that the situation was “going to get worse”, Prime Minister Stefan Lofven said on Monday the limit on public gatherings in Sweden would be cut from 50 people to eight.

https://www.ft.com/content/67fc5152-d500-4b9e-ad5c-79e1bf2b68e2

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1328404776476925964

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11904 on: November 16, 2020, 01:52:58 PM »
amazing self own

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11905 on: November 16, 2020, 02:47:22 PM »
The moderna ceo thinks every willing american will be vaxxed by end of june at the latest even if no other vaccines besides pfizer and moderna make it out.  It was good to hear him say that bc a lot of people have been more pessimistic which I’ve always been a little confused by considering the predicted manufacturing capacity.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11906 on: November 16, 2020, 02:49:22 PM »
Iowa governor called a 6:00 PM press conference tonight to announce COVID mitigation measurements. Congrats to Kim Reynolds at being the 49th state to actually do something, doesn't matter that all our hospitals are completely full, like a month before the height of the expected spike.

Looks like Kristi Noem won the maga barbie pagent and she gets the honor of being the last governor in the country to show the slightest bit of leadership. It's too bad that she and Reynolds won't get those cabinet positions they so badly wanted, they'll have to settle for continuing to indiscriminately kill their citizens.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11907 on: November 16, 2020, 02:51:39 PM »
The moderna ceo thinks every willing american will be vaxxed by end of june at the latest even if no other vaccines besides pfizer and moderna make it out.  It was good to hear him say that bc a lot of people have been more pessimistic which I’ve always been a little confused by considering the predicted manufacturing capacity.

I don't think manufacturing capacity is the greatest hurdle. I'd imagine transit, storage, and availability of vials, tubes, and syringes would be much greater challenges.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11908 on: November 16, 2020, 02:52:35 PM »

I don't think manufacturing capacity is the greatest hurdle. I'd imagine transit, storage, and availability of vials, tubes, and syringes would be much greater challenges.

yeah I remember reading that super cold freezers will be in high demand

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11909 on: November 16, 2020, 02:54:25 PM »
So who is going to be in charge of vaxxing the chattel? Like everyone line up and go to the county health department?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11910 on: November 16, 2020, 02:55:24 PM »
Moderna's just needs a fridge.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11911 on: November 16, 2020, 02:56:23 PM »
So who is going to be in charge of vaxxing the chattel? Like everyone line up and go to the county health department?

Yeah I would like to also hear more about a plan for who goes first and stuff.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11912 on: November 16, 2020, 03:02:48 PM »
Iowa governor called a 6:00 PM press conference tonight to announce COVID mitigation measurements. Congrats to Kim Reynolds at being the 49th state to actually do something, doesn't matter that all our hospitals are completely full, like a month before the height of the expected spike.

Looks like Kristi Noem won the maga barbie pagent and she gets the honor of being the last governor in the country to show the slightest bit of leadership. It's too bad that she and Reynolds won't get those cabinet positions they so badly wanted, they'll have to settle for continuing to indiscriminately kill their citizens.
Prairie Palin (Noem) is the worst.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11913 on: November 16, 2020, 03:09:10 PM »
She makes magas so horny though
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11914 on: November 16, 2020, 03:13:41 PM »

Pfizer's has to be stored at -70°

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11915 on: November 16, 2020, 03:21:38 PM »

Missouri hasn't done squat state wide.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11916 on: November 16, 2020, 03:54:12 PM »

Yes, but did the governor literally ban municipalities from making their own COVID restrictions, because that's what happened in Iowa and South Dakota?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11917 on: November 16, 2020, 04:09:38 PM »

Yes, but did the governor literally ban municipalities from making their own COVID restrictions, because that's what happened in Iowa and South Dakota?

Thankfully he did not.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11918 on: November 16, 2020, 07:17:35 PM »
if you get both vaccines, are you 99.75% protected?

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11919 on: November 16, 2020, 07:36:45 PM »

Pfizer's has to be stored at -70°

While true, they have accounted for that from what I can tell.  The manufacturing facility can store 100 million doses and dry ice is used for shipping to keep it for 15 days, it shouldn’t be sitting around long in the early stages of deployment.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11920 on: November 17, 2020, 08:11:06 AM »
cetylpyridinium chloride come on down!

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11921 on: November 17, 2020, 08:28:03 AM »
I’m feeling pretty optimistic about the vaccines!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11922 on: November 17, 2020, 08:38:58 AM »
The WSJ says someone (paywall) is doing a study on the impact of Vitamin D.   How so very very 6 months ago.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11923 on: November 17, 2020, 09:04:25 AM »
The WSJ says someone (paywall) is doing a study on the impact of Vitamin D.   How so very very 6 months ago.

It would be pretty nice to have a definitive answer on whether I should be taking vitamin D supplements right now.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11924 on: November 17, 2020, 10:20:26 AM »
https://twitter.com/CAgovernor/status/1328486132661723137

no indoor dining, no indoor gyms, no schools that haven't opened can reopen. Honestly it doesn't change a thing for me except my gym's classes that have been split indoor and outdoor will now be all outdoor. (I never did indoor).