Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1049745 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Corona Bro/Corona Meltdown/Corona Model Guessers
« Reply #7400 on: June 03, 2020, 12:36:01 PM »
https://twitter.com/alfonslopeztena/status/1268133545907757061
how close are they to herd immunity now? their herd may be healthier than the American herd.
https://www.npr.org/2020/05/25/861923548/stockholm-wont-reach-herd-immunity-in-may-sweden-s-chief-epidemiologist-says

A big problem is no one really knows what percentage of the population needs to be imfected to reach herd immunity. But it seems pretty clear they aren't there.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7401 on: June 03, 2020, 12:36:35 PM »
Doesn't sound like any more of the 140 people directly exposed in that Springfileld Great Clips event decided to get tested.  So 0 out of 45 that did get tested came back positve.

https://www.ksmu.org/post/many-clients-great-clips-stylists-covid-19-test-negative-illness#stream/0

What moron doesn't get tested?  Guess 95 out of 140 people are morons in Springfield MO.  That checks out.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7402 on: June 03, 2020, 12:38:05 PM »
Doesn't sound like any more of the 140 people directly exposed in that Springfileld Great Clips event decided to get tested.  So 0 our of 45 that did get tested came back positve.

https://www.ksmu.org/post/many-clients-great-clips-stylists-covid-19-test-negative-illness#stream/0

What moron doesn't get tested?  Guess 95 out of 140 people are morons in Springfield MO.  That checks out.
Huh. I wonder if the tests were free?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7403 on: June 03, 2020, 12:41:16 PM »
It’s not clear from the article that all 140 were even contacted directly.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7404 on: June 03, 2020, 01:41:27 PM »

Springfield-Greene County Health Department director, Clay Goddard, told Springfield City Council Monday that 45 of 140 direct contacts took the department up on an offer to be tested.
?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7405 on: June 03, 2020, 02:26:21 PM »
Trump STILL continues to push this drug and only this drug. Why?

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1268260658266746880

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7406 on: June 03, 2020, 02:28:19 PM »

Springfield-Greene County Health Department director, Clay Goddard, told Springfield City Council Monday that 45 of 140 direct contacts took the department up on an offer to be tested.
?
They could have posted a bulletin outside the store and said the same thing.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7407 on: June 03, 2020, 02:29:43 PM »

More importantly, based on this groundbreaking research why is he not pushing placebo, which is even cheaper and more readily available?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7408 on: June 03, 2020, 02:30:50 PM »

Because he's an absolute rough ridin' moron who will never admit to being wrong and his base allows this because they treat him like a spoiled child they must appease.  I don't know that it goes any deeper than that.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7409 on: June 03, 2020, 02:35:12 PM »

Because he's an absolute rough ridin' moron who will never admit to being wrong and his base allows this because they treat him like a spoiled child they must appease.  I don't know that it goes any deeper than that.
Yet Kansas' 1st district rep Dr Roger Marshall has been pimping HCQ to his his constituents (talk to your doctor about it) and personally taking this drug to show his loyalty to DJT. What a disgusting display of toadyism.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/politics/kansas-roger-marshall-trump-hydroxychloroquine/index.html

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7410 on: June 03, 2020, 04:24:21 PM »

He needs his idiot base to believe in some conspiracy to keep HCQ use down.  He is literally just peddling BS made up crap to rally the stupids

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #7411 on: June 03, 2020, 04:44:25 PM »

at the risk of triggering dax's return to the board, it's because Novartis (which owns hydroxychloroquine) gave a Trump PAC $4.5 million or something like that

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7413 on: June 03, 2020, 05:19:10 PM »
https://twitter.com/DrewHolden360/status/1268294779974094856?s=20

related to riot thread.

Getting a haircut is obv more important than these protests I think he is saying

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #7414 on: June 03, 2020, 05:21:08 PM »

related to riot thread.

Getting a haircut is obv more important than these protests I think he is saying
so long as it's a righteous cause, you are permitted to kill grandma.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7415 on: June 03, 2020, 05:34:26 PM »

related to riot thread.
Eh Joe Lockhart's tweets were really had and he probably deserves getting dunked on but the rest are kind of a reach. Kind of a dumb premise anyway.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7416 on: June 03, 2020, 05:49:03 PM »
not going to bother opening the thread, but there is a good comparison to be made between religious gatherings and protests.  both are strongly felt and important to the participants but also place both participants and non-participants at increased risk of contagion.

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #7417 on: June 03, 2020, 05:50:08 PM »

related to riot thread.
Eh Joe Lockhart's tweets were really had and he probably deserves getting dunked on but the rest are kind of a reach. Kind of a dumb premise anyway.
I think everyone who used the phrase “grandma killer” discriminately is fair game for dunking.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #7418 on: June 03, 2020, 05:53:03 PM »
not going to bother opening the thread, but there is a good comparison to be made between religious gatherings and protests.  both are strongly felt and important to the participants but also place both participants and non-participants at increased risk of contagion.
But I wouldn’t even go that far because of the relevant (at least perceived) risk of indoor services vs. outdoor protesting.  My view is that if the effect of any outdoor, non socially distance activity is “grandma dies,” then I think the merits of the underlying action is almost arbitrary.  Let’s do our best to avoid killing grandma.

That said, I don’t think that outdoor activities are risky enough (regardless of their purpose) to present a significant threat to grandma, so I say play ball.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7419 on: June 03, 2020, 05:58:38 PM »
yeah I don't really care about outside church for the most part but I think singing is still a bad idea.

worth noting that some of those protests were in statehouses but regardless most of the tweets Mr. Holden screenshotted(?) didn't seem to be in reference to protests at all, just general "don't be selfish, stay home".

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7420 on: June 03, 2020, 06:07:02 PM »
I don’t think that outdoor activities are risky enough (regardless of their purpose) to present a significant threat to grandma, so I say play ball.

i think a lot of the protest footage i've seen is relatively low risk, but some of it is much higher (tightly crowded, yelling), even if outdoors.

also there are associated behaviors that are likely higher risk than the actual protests.  like there was a big story from dc (i think) about some dude that let 50 protestors stay in his house.

a little different, but associated law enforcement actions also promote transmission.  have heard of large numbers of detained protestors crowded in jails, etc.

btw, i'm not saying i think we're going to see a big explosion of transmission from protests.  i don't.  but it pretty clearly elevates the risk of contagion for (some) participants and those they subsequently contact.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #7421 on: June 03, 2020, 07:10:00 PM »
I don’t think that outdoor activities are risky enough (regardless of their purpose) to present a significant threat to grandma, so I say play ball.

i think a lot of the protest footage i've seen is relatively low risk, but some of it is much higher (tightly crowded, yelling), even if outdoors.

also there are associated behaviors that are likely higher risk than the actual protests.  like there was a big story from dc (i think) about some dude that let 50 protestors stay in his house.

a little different, but associated law enforcement actions also promote transmission.  have heard of large numbers of detained protestors crowded in jails, etc.

btw, i'm not saying i think we're going to see a big explosion of transmission from protests.  i don't.  but it pretty clearly elevates the risk of contagion for (some) participants and those they subsequently contact.
Yeah I agree that it elevates the risk to some degree, i just don't think that degree is high enough to warrant much outrage.  Then again, maybe any elevation is high enough to warrant outrage.  Who knows.

yeah I don't really care about outside church for the most part but I think singing is still a bad idea.

worth noting that some of those protests were in statehouses but regardless most of the tweets Mr. Holden screenshotted(?) didn't seem to be in reference to protests at all, just general "don't be selfish, stay home".
That's not really the point.  The point is that two weeks ago, if you crowded into a pool in the ozarks you were a "grandma killer" -- or at least someone recklessly endangering others' lives.  Yet the protests (which ostensibly would lead to the same proportional result as crowding into a pool) have pretty broad support. 

It just seems odd to implicitly rationalize the potential result (killing grandma) based on the underlying cause -- unless the point is that the result of not protesting poses a greater risk than possibly spreading covid, which seems like a stretch, though logically consistent.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7422 on: June 03, 2020, 07:42:36 PM »
That's not really the point.  The point is that two weeks ago, if you crowded into a pool in the ozarks you were a "grandma killer" -- or at least someone recklessly endangering others' lives.  Yet the protests (which ostensibly would lead to the same proportional result as crowding into a pool) have pretty broad support. 

It just seems odd to implicitly rationalize the potential result (killing grandma) based on the underlying cause -- unless the point is that the result of not protesting poses a greater risk than possibly spreading covid, which seems like a stretch, though logically consistent.

I understand what the point is, and I think the point is stupid. And I think anyone making a point that mentions "killing grandma" even as a clapback isn't really worth with discussing.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7423 on: June 03, 2020, 07:51:42 PM »
comparing it to tongue clucking over entertainment is stupid.  comparing it to religious services is not.

although it is worth pointing out that while some states did prohibit religious services, many states/cities/counties whatever have also placed restrictions that limit or curtail protests.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7424 on: June 03, 2020, 08:18:51 PM »
I don’t think the people protesting cops murdering people really gaf about covid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk