Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1068167 times)

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Nice, do I just go to amazon and buy a 5 pack of these shits and live my best life?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Nice, do I just go to amazon and buy a 5 pack of these shits and live my best life?

No. You second-hand steal them like the rest of us. Alternatively, you could make your own.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Don’t you have to be properly fitted for the masks to even work?  Or is that just BS.
Maybe if you wear glasses

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
I would think people who are constantly coughing would be more infectious than those that aren’t, but maybe we don’t have fancy graphs for that.

yeah, i think the right comparison is probably more to an asymptomatic/pre-symptomatic adult.

there was a thread by a researcher that was definitely more skeptical of the children are equally infectious angle as well.  i'm not going to bother looking for it, because it was just her going like, "good evidence both ways, who can tell?".
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
Bookie, the mask is like underwear. You can move it before peeing/drinking. In fact it’s encouraged. Also like peeing it’s important not to do it all over someone else so you will be spaced out in the bar.

Dinner parties at nice restaurants should be a hoot... everybody sitting 6 feet apart trying to alternately move/lift their mask to savor each delectable morsel of that $50 steak.

You know who benefits most from this whole mask thing, right?  Those chicks with the mumped up snaggle-teeth that have really pretty eyes.

:lol:
bears are fast...

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Well I think it should be discussed. I think it's dumb that is wouldn't be considered by a public that so badly wants to get back to their office parks, when this seems to be the most effective way to do that (and loosen restrictions overall) but whatever. Maybe a governor starts with a large scale optional program to work out the kinks and show that two weeks in a hotel room isn't a terrifying proposition.

As to your scenarios:

1) I don't know how infants would be handled. Probably differently but I don't know how much they react to covid
2) no and no

interesting thread on quarantines.  somewhere he responds to a question on children and he said something about they get quarantined with a parent.  not sure where that tweet was though.

https://twitter.com/lymanstoneky/status/1255683604404830208
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
while looking for that quarantine tweet, i came across this.  ksu_w brought it up a while back.  pretty interesting.  the whole thread is similar stuff.

https://twitter.com/lymanstoneky/status/1255842016635678722

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Well I think it should be discussed. I think it's dumb that is wouldn't be considered by a public that so badly wants to get back to their office parks, when this seems to be the most effective way to do that (and loosen restrictions overall) but whatever. Maybe a governor starts with a large scale optional program to work out the kinks and show that two weeks in a hotel room isn't a terrifying proposition.

As to your scenarios:

1) I don't know how infants would be handled. Probably differently but I don't know how much they react to covid
2) no and no

interesting thread on quarantines.  somewhere he responds to a question on children and he said something about they get quarantined with a parent.  not sure where that tweet was though.

https://twitter.com/lymanstoneky/status/1255683604404830208

the CDC is not a confidence-inspiring organization

Brief U.S. Quarantine History

1799 The first quarantine station and hospital in America was built in 1799 at the port of Philadelphia after a yellow fever outbreak in 1793.
    1878 The National Quarantine Act was passed in 1878, shifting quarantine powers from state to federal government.
    1944 The Public Health Service Act formed the federal government’s quarantine authority in 1944.
    1967 CDC (National Communicable Disease Center) took over federal quarantine functions in 1967.
    1970s CDC reduced the number of quarantine stations from 55 to 8 because infectious diseases were thought to be a thing of the past.
    2004–2007 Number of quarantine stations increased to 20 because of concerns about bioterrorism after World Trade Center attack in 2001 and worldwide spread of disease after SARS outbreak in 2003.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Bookie, nobodies going out for $50 steaks any time soon.  :th_twocents:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
If you don't wear a mask into a business at this point you are a bad person.  a) it protects others, not you, you selfish dork b) any chance we can cut the spread gets us all out of this faster.

that said wearing a mask walking around your neighborhood not talking to a soul seems silly and trying to be extra "woke"

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I got really mad at the Giants GM for wearing a mask in his basement during the draft for some reason, because I thought he was making it a joke. Only to find out later, he had been sick or something like that. He did randomly decide to put it on however right when ESPN panned the camera to him, so I still might be right about this.  :lol: Dork!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 03:51:09 PM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
The country is very much united on wearing masks. Only a handful of dumbasses refuse to wear them at this point.

You clearly do not live where I live.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
If you don't wear a mask into a business at this point you are a bad person.  a) it protects others, not you, you selfish dork b) any chance we can cut the spread gets us all out of this faster.

that said wearing a mask walking around your neighborhood not talking to a soul seems silly and trying to be extra "woke"
I guess I don't really understand the difference between the business/walking around scenarios.  If you're going into a business but not really talking to anyone, what's the difference?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The country is very much united on wearing masks. Only a handful of dumbasses refuse to wear them at this point.

You clearly do not live where I live.

yeah, i'd say it's prolly 50% in stores here.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Figured California would be more Rona-Woke.

That's Alabama levels  :lol: :lol:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I guess I don't really understand the difference between the business/walking around scenarios.  If you're going into a business but not really talking to anyone, what's the difference?

maybe it's different for other people; for me if i'm in a grocery store, i'm probably 6-10 feet from someone 60% of the time, no one within 10 feet 30% of the time and closer than 6 feet 10% of the time.  and we're all touching stuff that everyone is walking by.

if i'm walking my dog or whatever, there's almost never anyone within 100 feet and i don't usually touch stuff.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Costco requiring them for entry. Good move protecting their employees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Maybe there's an episode of MTV's "Ridiculousness" that has solved all of this?

:dunno:
bears are fast...

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

maybe it's different for other people; for me if i'm in a grocery store, i'm probably 6-10 feet from someone 60% of the time, no one within 10 feet 30% of the time and closer than 6 feet 10% of the time.  and we're all touching stuff that everyone is walking by.

if i'm walking my dog or whatever, there's almost never anyone within 100 feet and i don't usually touch stuff.

This is my answer.  Even out running I do see people on the sidewalk so I go to the other one or run in the road.  There is not one known passing of infection this way and only one "outside" at all of two people talking to each other for a long time outside, at least that was the results of the study from China.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Depends on what you call soon, I suppose.  We are flying to Florida in 32 days for a week on the beach, deep sea fishing, nice dinners, etc.

Any of you with kids can imagine what it might be like to get a 2 year old to wear a mask and keep it on. So in solidarity with her, Mrs. BP and BP Jr. won't be wearing masks either.

Wish us well.  I'm 99% sure I got the 'rona when I went to the SuperBowl in Miami, but nobody knew it was a big deal yet and I just "got better" after about 7-8 days.
bears are fast...

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Yeah, that’s MAGA AF bookie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Depends on what you call soon, I suppose.  We are flying to Florida in 32 days for a week on the beach, deep sea fishing, nice dinners, etc.

Any of you with kids can imagine what it might be like to get a 2 year old to wear a mask and keep it on. So in solidarity with her, Mrs. BP and BP Jr. won't be wearing masks either.

Wish us well.  I'm 99% sure I got the 'rona when I went to the SuperBowl in Miami, but nobody knew it was a big deal yet and I just "got better" after about 7-8 days.

That's great for you, but eff that poor person who might have an underlying situation that exacerbates the Rona . . . amiright?

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Costco requiring them for entry. Good move protecting their employees.

We went in and canceled our membership yesterday. There was a decent line of folks doing the same and the guy in line next to us was an internal medicine doctor who wasn't "masked up" either.  Hard to believe a highly educated doctor is as big of a dumbass as me.

bears are fast...

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
the other day beto described these protests as very nearly meeting a definition of terrorism - using the threat of violence to achieve a political goal, and that seems closer and closer to accurate with each new iteration.

https://twitter.com/vote4robgill/status/1255922426120146947

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
My corporate office, which I’m part of, is in Detroit and I’m really following all this chaos on the news in the state of Michigan. Sounds like the state is bending a bit due to the protestors and my boss called me today and told me that the CEO thinks I’m weeks away from coming back. It’s ironic, because I think these people are major dumbasses, but I appreciate their help on my end.