Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1070129 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks China (and Canada) . . . Topic: CoronaVirus!
« Reply #3900 on: April 12, 2020, 10:09:27 PM »
So no one with symptoms can participate in the trial?  Interesting, but plausible

Doesn't asorbic acid help prevention infections by building up the immune system?

https://twitter.com/Perpetualmaniac/status/1249473904948764678?s=20

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #3901 on: April 13, 2020, 04:23:54 AM »
Good easy to understand blogging about the 'rona from an actual infectious disease expert.

https://www.facebook.com/jenniferkastenmd

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: April 13, 2020, 06:11:18 AM »
Good easy to understand blogging about the 'rona from an actual infectious disease expert.

https://www.facebook.com/jenniferkastenmd

i didn't actually find that to be helpful or clarifying.  we have pretty abundant evidence that neither of the two extremes she outlines is true.  the number of confirmed cases is much lower than the number of actual cases and the possibility that more than 10% of people in the northern hemisphere have already, or are currently infected, is vanishingly small.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: April 13, 2020, 06:31:49 AM »
So no one with symptoms can participate in the trial?  Interesting, but plausible

Doesn't asorbic acid help prevention infections by building up the immune system?

https://twitter.com/Perpetualmaniac/status/1249473904948764678?s=20
Do you really think doctors should be prescribing the drug if it’s no more effective than vitamin c?

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #3904 on: April 13, 2020, 06:32:47 AM »
As a runner and cyclist, I found this one of most interest.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=120574959595451&id=100553591597588

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: April 13, 2020, 06:46:28 AM »
yeah, i think some of the restrictions (or just societal judgement) on outdoor activities are not smart.  it's easy to go overboard on restrictions of very low risk behaviors.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: April 13, 2020, 08:18:43 AM »
@michigancat, how does this compare to your wife's experience currently?

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-04-10/california-coronavirus-slowed-hospitals-empty-new-york?utm_source=digg

i personally think newsom has done a really good job - i think that initially tailoring the state response to mimic the response of SF/Santa Clara was a really good move and if he's smart, he'll adjust the state response to bias more towards LA county now.

They're definitely more stable than they expected to be. Right around the time shelter in place started, they were converting existing units to negative pressure ICU's which really helped. There's also no visitors allowed unless they know a patient is about to die, then they'll only let one person in which makes the whole place quieter. PPE is still pretty lean, all the hospitals are having doctors and nurses put N95's in Tupperware or plastic bags between patients to reuse them.

And yeah I think Newsom's done a decent job. The shelter in place definitely helped.

I'm really curious how they are accomplishing the conversion of existing units to negative pressure ICUs. In my (admittedly short, only 10 years so far) career i have only worked on 1 hospital that had the ability to essentially convert a wing to negative pressure that wasn't already used in that manner. i mean unless they are just rolling in those portable negative air machines and blowing that crap out the windows?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: April 13, 2020, 08:54:52 AM »
Hardcore Lib downloads on Bill Gates.   Note:  Not an anit-vaxer at all, quite the opposite, but I might be convinced to become an anti GatesVax'er. 

Then again, for some of the useful idiots on here, anything the TechnoOligarchs say is the truth . . . sad.

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/news/government-corruption/gates-globalist-vaccine-agenda-a-win-win-for-pharma-and-mandatory-vaccination/

Kind of weird that a guy who made billions on half-baked virus ridden products is such a big virus guy.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #3908 on: April 13, 2020, 08:55:35 AM »
Jesus Christ dax...

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: April 13, 2020, 08:56:49 AM »
Jesus Christ dax...

Speaking of useful idiots for the TechnoOligarchs.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: April 13, 2020, 09:00:22 AM »
for anyone who saw some of the coverage of milk being dumped recently - this is a canadian cow farmer, but presumably the same story in the us.  it's the same story as with toilet paper, demand collapsed in food service, retail demand jumped but couldn't process enough extra volume to use all the milk being produced.  finite amount of milk storage means producers had to dump milk.

sounds like ramping up retail is easier than with toilet paper, though.

https://twitter.com/FreshAirFarmer/status/1247876216293646336

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: April 13, 2020, 09:03:36 AM »
Big thanks to Sys for letting us all know what's been discussed for several weeks now regarding Ag commodities and the difference between commercial and retail distribution of said products.

You're all over it Sys.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: April 13, 2020, 09:08:48 AM »

@michigancat, how does this compare to your wife's experience currently?

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-04-10/california-coronavirus-slowed-hospitals-empty-new-york?utm_source=digg

i personally think newsom has done a really good job - i think that initially tailoring the state response to mimic the response of SF/Santa Clara was a really good move and if he's smart, he'll adjust the state response to bias more towards LA county now.

They're definitely more stable than they expected to be. Right around the time shelter in place started, they were converting existing units to negative pressure ICU's which really helped. There's also no visitors allowed unless they know a patient is about to die, then they'll only let one person in which makes the whole place quieter. PPE is still pretty lean, all the hospitals are having doctors and nurses put N95's in Tupperware or plastic bags between patients to reuse them.

And yeah I think Newsom's done a decent job. The shelter in place definitely helped.

I'm really curious how they are accomplishing the conversion of existing units to negative pressure ICUs. In my (admittedly short, only 10 years so far) career i have only worked on 1 hospital that had the ability to essentially convert a wing to negative pressure that wasn't already used in that manner. i mean unless they are just rolling in those portable negative air machines and blowing that crap out the windows?

Yeah, they would knock out a window and reinstall plex with a hole in it to blow the stuff outside. I don't think they've converted entire units (like the hallways and nurses station), but just every room in a wing. I don't know how many negative pressure rooms they added but I know they wouldn't have had the capacity if they hadn't expanded.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: April 13, 2020, 09:09:22 AM »
yes, thank you sys

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3915 on: April 13, 2020, 09:12:43 AM »
yes, thank you sys

you're welcome, tobias.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: April 13, 2020, 09:21:25 AM »
yes, thank you sys
I thought it was interesting as well. I hadn't thought about completely different processing facilities for retail and commercial dairy but it makes sense

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: April 13, 2020, 10:02:08 AM »
The state of Kansas should hire some IT people or something because their site goes down every Monday. What a mess.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: April 13, 2020, 10:02:47 AM »
I do agree that previous administrations held a lot of meetings, did some decent modeling and wrote a lot of very nice reports, and then discussed those reports from time-to-time.

I suspect a lot of people flew into various higher end places and expensed a lot of high end booze and food while holding symposiums and looking at a lot of power point presentations as well.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: April 13, 2020, 10:11:46 AM »
I do agree that previous administrations held a lot of meetings, did some decent modeling and wrote a lot of very nice reports, and then discussed those reports from time-to-time.

I suspect a lot of people flew into various higher end places and expensed a lot of high end booze and food while holding symposiums and looking at a lot of power point presentations as well.

lol

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: April 13, 2020, 10:17:57 AM »

Are Trump resorts considered high end places? 
 https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/04/10/secret-service-has-protected-trump-family-members-4000-trips-three-years/

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: April 13, 2020, 10:23:56 AM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/04/10/secret-service-has-protected-trump-family-members-4000-trips-three-years/

:dunno: I don't know, Phil

But I'd like to turn your attention to Slide 147, those are the details for our next conference 6 months, where we'll begin laying the groundwork for our next steps.   I suggest that everyone book their rooms early, we've got 250 rooms at the (insert higher end hotel/resort here) reserved.   Use Promo:  Governmentmovesquickly

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: April 13, 2020, 10:24:35 AM »

What a savage ass kicking of the American tax payer