Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1067887 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks China (and Canada) . . . Topic: CoronaVirus!
« Reply #3350 on: April 06, 2020, 09:43:44 AM »
I would like to make a 100% effective mask.  Please post directions

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: April 06, 2020, 09:52:56 AM »

I need to do more reading, what's the benefit of using like a bandana or a makeshift clothe one? Catches your droplets so if ya got it, you're not spreading it as bad?

I think protecting others is the bigger reason but it goes both ways

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/31/21198132/coronavirus-covid-face-masks-n95-respirator-ppe-shortage

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: April 06, 2020, 10:00:39 AM »

I need to do more reading, what's the benefit of using like a bandana or a makeshift clothe one? Catches your droplets so if ya got it, you're not spreading it as bad?
I dunno, here from my nurse cousin:

:adios:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: April 06, 2020, 10:21:09 AM »
It's pretty obvious why regular people are using/procuring N95 masks.  The first official directives were that masks of any sort were of no use; people were skeptical and now government's reversed course.  Now the directives are to make lol homemade masks and that N95 masks are only of use to medical personnel; people are even more skeptical and their skepticism is enhanced by pros like 8mp's cousin:

Quote from: 8mpc
The reason for using face coverings IS NOT TO PROTECT YOU FROM CATCHING THE VIRUS. Only PPE such as N95s can do that.

The takeaway lots of regular people are going to have from stuff like that is that they need to get some of that PPE, and then that has people rocking N95 masks in ways that aren't doing any good anyway. 

The marketing of the mask campaign has been crap from jump.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: April 06, 2020, 10:34:26 AM »
It's pretty obvious why regular people are using/procuring N95 masks.  The first official directives were that masks of any sort were of no use; people were skeptical and now government's reversed course.  Now the directives are to make lol homemade masks and that N95 masks are only of use to medical personnel; people are even more skeptical and their skepticism is enhanced by pros like 8mp's cousin:

The reason for using face coverings IS NOT TO PROTECT YOU FROM CATCHING THE VIRUS. Only PPE such as N95s can do that.

The takeaway lots of regular people are going to have from stuff like that is that they need to get some of that PPE, and then that has people rocking N95 masks in ways that aren't doing any good anyway. 

oh yeah, the CDC has been a rough ridin' joke with this. And N95's honestly will help, but if you're a dude with a beard or haven't been trained in like how to wear one the lol homemade is probably just as effective for reducing transmission both ways.* Like I said, there needs to be better shaming of people wearing N95's in public.

*example: yesterday in our socially distanced line to get into a grocery store, there was a woman wearing an N95 and gloves, playing on her phone, went straight from the dirty ass phone to scratch her face underneath her N95 and then back to her phone.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: April 06, 2020, 10:37:47 AM »

So if it's to protect me (on the chance I have it without symptoms) from giving it to others then what is the big freak out about touching it and washing it in hot water?  Is it the concern that I don't end up having it, I touch something with it, then putting my hand on that mask now gives me a higher chance of getting it?  If I never touch it with dirty hands the washing it seems unnecessary.

Most stories I've read say it doesn't live long on fabric anyways.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Thanks China (and Canada) . . . Topic: CoronaVirus!
« Reply #3357 on: April 06, 2020, 10:40:40 AM »
Yeah, honestly I think the CDC and WHO don’t (and shouldn’t) recommend wearing actual PPE because untrained people aren’t going to take advantage of the benefits vs homemade stuff.

That said, the untrained idiot who uses the same N95 whenever they go out is not a part of the actual problem here. They’re still protecting others from spread better than the dudes looking like train robbers.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: April 06, 2020, 10:44:35 AM »

So if it's to protect me (on the chance I have it without symptoms) from giving it to others then what is the big freak out about touching it and washing it in hot water?  Is it the concern that I don't end up having it, I touch something with it, then putting my hand on that mask now gives me a higher chance of getting it?  If I never touch it with dirty hands the washing it seems unnecessary.

Most stories I've read say it doesn't live long on fabric anyways.

it definitely gives some protection both ways. there are lots of ways the virus can spread so just wash it after you use it.

That said, the untrained idiot who uses the same N95 whenever they go out is not a part of the actual problem here. They’re still protecting others from spread better than the dudes looking like train robbers.

they're keeping the N95's from HCP's, that's part of a problem. I don't know if there's evidence that an improperly used, used N95 is more effective than a clean bandana at reducing spread. Lots of variables there, including they're operated by idiots as you mentioned.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: April 06, 2020, 10:49:20 AM »
Germany planning to start lifting restrictions on the 19th of April.  Must be nice to have a government with it's crap together (and people that listen)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3360 on: April 06, 2020, 11:07:11 AM »
Germany planning to start lifting restrictions on the 19th of April.  Must be nice to have a government with it's crap together (and people that listen)

Seems unwise.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: April 06, 2020, 11:15:59 AM »
Posted for those who may still be seeking truth about COVID-19

Covid-19 had us all fooled, but now we might have finally found its secret. -> https://archive.is/ONUmi

Good luck, y'all.  Praying everyone stays safe and healthy throughout this shitshow and into the future with whatever it may hold for all of us.

bears are fast...

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: April 06, 2020, 11:20:54 AM »
virus

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: April 06, 2020, 11:33:16 AM »

oh yeah, the CDC has been a rough ridin' joke with this. And N95's honestly will help, but if you're a dude with a beard or haven't been trained in like how to wear one the lol homemade is probably just as effective for reducing transmission both ways.* Like I said, there needs to be better shaming of people wearing N95's in public.

*example: yesterday in our socially distanced line to get into a grocery store, there was a woman wearing an N95 and gloves, playing on her phone, went straight from the dirty ass phone to scratch her face underneath her N95 and then back to her phone.

:lol:

The people wearing masks of any sort at stores and such are scarier to me, because I sense they feel invincible and are going to do dumb stuff including around me.

Yep, CDC should've from the outset promoted that N95's are only of use to medical providers because [insert whatever about how they're only of value when properly/professionally used and in what very sparse medical facility situations they're any better than less-than-N95] and encouraged the crap out of homemade masks so that the scared regular people get to sewing and rubber banding.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: April 06, 2020, 11:33:40 AM »

Seems unwise.
They will have systems in place to trace and test/isolate.  That's been the "magic bullet" described by almost everybody when talking about getting back to normal.

We're just so far behind that in the United States it does feel unwise.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: April 06, 2020, 11:46:15 AM »

https://twitter.com/mhdksafa/status/1246822725886320640

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: April 06, 2020, 11:48:59 AM »
virus

Here's another...

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166354220302011

Hard to believe there's actually people looking for ways to defeat this virus, huh?
bears are fast...

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: April 06, 2020, 11:49:20 AM »

https://twitter.com/mhdksafa/status/1246822725886320640

He just Merk'd US.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: April 06, 2020, 12:01:07 PM »
Their president is Angela Merkel guys. Holy crap.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: April 06, 2020, 12:16:42 PM »
Well, I mean when asked if he would wear a mask, trump said Naw, he has to greet presidents and dictators and kings and queens and that just doesn't seem presidential to do in a mask.

So we have top men on this.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: April 06, 2020, 12:19:06 PM »
Well, I mean when asked if he would wear a mask, trump said Naw, he has to greet presidents and dictators and kings and queens and that just doesn't seem presidential to do in a mask.

So we have top men on this.

A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: April 06, 2020, 12:31:49 PM »
Posted for those who may still be seeking truth about COVID-19

Covid-19 had us all fooled, but now we might have finally found its secret. -> https://archive.is/ONUmi

Good luck, y'all.  Praying everyone stays safe and healthy throughout this shitshow and into the future with whatever it may hold for all of us.

i guess i don't see the politically motivated criticism of hydrochloroquine.

it has already been FDA approved for treatment by doctors.

i do think there is justifiable criticism for the Pres to be trotting it out as a cure without solid data for 2 reasons

1. it creates an uneeded stress on supply chains for the product and leads to hoarding by grifters

2. it creates a narrative that creates a false sense of security and also to self medication that has already proven deadly

what is the need for the President to keep discussing it at a national level?

push information to health care providers

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla