Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1068132 times)

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks China (and Canada) . . . Topic: CoronaVirus!
« Reply #2375 on: March 24, 2020, 01:32:50 PM »
If there is one thing we’ve learned during this pandemic it’s that we should wait until there are a ton of known cases before implementing stay at home.  Very effective.

yes

Welcome back. And yes.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: March 24, 2020, 02:04:43 PM »
This Epstein guy is gonna kill some folks with that sort of information.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: March 24, 2020, 02:07:48 PM »
Sedgwick County is starting a Stay at Home order tomorrow, I think. But the draft exempts 26 extremely broad categories of businesses, including basically all the major manufacturers and basically all the major big box retail. Gas and groceries are exempt. So are liquor stores?! Interesting. Pet supply stores, exempt.

One wonders what the county commissioners are actually trying to accomplish here, other than “do something.” On the one hand, it appears to be a drastic overreaction - I think there are currently 3 or 4 confirmed cases in a county of over 500,000 people. On the other hand, it appears to be a largely symbolic overreaction, although it is going to further harm a lot of small businesses who can’t shoehorn their way into one of the exemptions.

SG county is home to some total idiots.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 02:26:16 PM by Bqqkie Pimp »
bears are fast...

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: March 24, 2020, 02:18:24 PM »
People who want hundreds of thousands of people to die of rona to save the 10k that committed suicide from 08-10 might want to rethink their totally rational and pragmatic worldview

(I dunno if 10k is accurate, but is the figure magaags is using)

Same people who say the corona deaths were going to die anyway because old don't acknowledge a pretty percentage of suicide folks had underlying issues but facts and logic

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: March 24, 2020, 02:28:59 PM »
Dead babies: bad
People committing suicide: bad
Randoms dying & hospitals over-run: as long as the economy is still going, fine.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: March 24, 2020, 02:33:17 PM »
I had never heard of this Jesse Kelly guy but he has emerged as a leading shitbag through the whole pandemic

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1242450230114693122

Just like the 1920's stock market crash, there will always be idiots trying to solve things by death.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: March 24, 2020, 02:37:26 PM »
did Trump change his tune after Fauci said mean things?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: March 24, 2020, 02:53:51 PM »
did Trump change his tune after Fauci said mean things?
His tune changes by the hour.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: March 24, 2020, 02:56:01 PM »
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: March 24, 2020, 02:56:58 PM »
Also a big brunch day at the country club

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: March 24, 2020, 03:03:23 PM »
My work hasn’t turned off my email yet, because I think their intentions of having me back in the next month are genuine (probably not realistic though) and the amount of emails we’re getting to HR right now about loss of income, pregnancy due date questions past April (when they’ll lose their insurance), etc. Is straight up depressing AF right now.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: March 24, 2020, 03:18:09 PM »
My work hasn’t turned off my email yet, because I think their intentions of having me back in the next month are genuine (probably not realistic though) and the amount of emails we’re getting to HR right now about loss of income, pregnancy due date questions past April (when they’ll lose their insurance), etc. Is straight up depressing AF right now.

You are in HR?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: March 24, 2020, 03:22:57 PM »
Recruiting is teamed up with HR in most corporate offices when it comes to email information for employees. Since they’re doing the hiring and all. Makes sense.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 03:27:45 PM by 420seriouscat69 »

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: March 24, 2020, 03:33:18 PM »
The economy is not going to do well with a health system completed overran and people dying from COVID and from normal stuff that can't be fixed in hospitals due to COVID overrun.

This is the only way they can frame it for it to click for this guy.  We have the game plan from the east, lock down, get it under control, get relief to businesses and individuals and deal with it.  Opening early and dragging this out will make it 100x worse.  JFC this isn't difficult to understand.

I don't get the dragging it out point.  Everything I have seen indicates that employing measures to slow the spread drags it out longer.  Then once you have it under control, you're likely to have a second outbreak at some point, meaning you're going to have to implement lockdowns and social distancing again.  Again dragging everything out longer.

yeah i mean for some people the idea of a sick person who - under normal circumstances - has every reason to expect to make a full recovery - will go to the hospital and the hospital will say sorry, we're full can't help you...the thought of that is barbaric. But hey like you said on the plus side the duration of the thing is shorter so like, small price to pay, right?

My point is only that all of these measures, including locking countries down, will need to last for 12-18 months for them to truly be effective.  That is from right out of the Imperial College report.  How long do you think people are going to be willing to endure the current situation of businesses being shut down?  Do you think people will stand for this being in effect from time to time over the next 12-18 months?

The imperial report doesn't take into account what time can buy us.  Therapeutics, data driven isolation/quarantine measures, etc.  Also gives our hospitals a chance to build up supplies for new waves.

You are right, people are not going to just stay in lockdown for 18 months.  I think everybody understands that.  The answer isn't "open it up because Trump is tired of the lockdowns". 

Luckily the lockdowns aren't in his control.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: March 24, 2020, 03:34:37 PM »
Why are you checking email on furlough? Every furlough I’ve been in they’ve yelled “don’t check your email even once, or we have to pay you.”

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: March 24, 2020, 03:37:15 PM »
I don’t have a lot going on right now and I have/had many candidates in process for very hard to fill locations. I want to help my boss if it’s an emergency situation. Maybe you’re focusing on the wrong thing here?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: March 24, 2020, 03:38:29 PM »
I don’t have a lot going on right now and I have/had many candidates in process for very hard to fill locations. I want to help my boss if it’s an emergency situation. Maybe you’re focusing on the wrong thing here?
Honestly, you might want to check into that. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: March 24, 2020, 03:39:04 PM »

I think he means more from the legal aspect of the company.  They are usually pretty strict on making sure people they cut aren't utilized as employees in any way.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: March 24, 2020, 03:40:52 PM »

I don’t want you to get in trouble for “helping”. I don’t know how big of company you work for, but I know some check so they can prove compliance. I know people that had their bosses pissed at them for helping because then they had to pay them. I’ve worked for some large companies, so I have a few things like that drilled into my head that I automatically think it. Just don’t want you to get in trouble at work bud. If your boss is cool with it, no big deal then.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: March 24, 2020, 03:43:42 PM »
Good call. Sorry, I didn’t see it that way. I’ve been very close with my boss and he keeps trying to act like this won’t be that long, so I’m trusting him. I’ve never been furloughed before. I definitely will look into this and stop responding. It’s just hard to shut it off, especially during quarantine.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile