Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1065635 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Corona Bro/Corona Meltdown/Corona Model Guessers
« Reply #8150 on: July 02, 2020, 09:25:28 AM »
Yeah, this stuff seems pretty hard tbh, sys.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8151 on: July 02, 2020, 09:28:46 AM »
I mean, the solutions are easy and there are great examples solutions all over the world, but the US government structure makes it really hard.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8152 on: July 02, 2020, 10:03:13 AM »
this crap isn't that hard.  schools are a tough call, but find a mitigation strategy and stick with it.  jfc, america, get your crap together.

it's actually really hard when there's no federal guidance and governors end up being in charge of covid policy, but people can freely travel from states with lax responses to states with more aggressive responses.

it'll be interesting if anyone gets fined for not quarantining as some states are requiring.

Iirc there were federal guidelines (I'm sure there are policy arguments in how they were under specified or lack of coordination on continued improvement of best practices. For example is 50% indoor capacity for restaurants okay or is 25% what is considered prudent).

I thought most states didn't follow the metrics to the letter for a state being prepared to opened up. Unless you are speaking towards schools in particular idk about those.

the CDC guidelines didn't really address how to go from one phase to the next or go backwards based on covid infection and hospitalization stats IIRC. Just said stuff like "socially distance and disinfect surfaces". I could be wrong. States seem to be all over the place.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #8153 on: July 02, 2020, 10:11:24 AM »
We're delaying school openings for two weeks. Will be online learning with teachers leading live. If no internet access, busses will take kids to school for in-person. You can imagine the whining already happening on our community FB page.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8154 on: July 02, 2020, 10:29:19 AM »
The no shaking hands thing has been hard for me. I didn't realize how ingrained it's been in my everyday life. I feel rude now when meeting someone, but I know they appreciate it.

I’ve really been enjoying fist-bumping and dapping with older gentlemen. It’s been quite fun.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8155 on: July 02, 2020, 10:30:18 AM »
I haven't made any physical contact with anyone not in my immediate family since March

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8156 on: July 02, 2020, 10:52:08 AM »
I haven't made any physical contact with anyone not in my immediate family since March

Mods, plz rename michigancat to bubbleboycat. Tia
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8157 on: July 02, 2020, 10:57:24 AM »
I get carry out, go grocery shopping, hang out in back yards for drinks, go to my office, and even went to a restaurant outside!

But my company isn't allowing business trips and I'm not hugging my friends. it isn't that weird :dunno:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8158 on: July 02, 2020, 12:29:44 PM »
this crap isn't that hard.  schools are a tough call, but find a mitigation strategy and stick with it.  jfc, america, get your crap together.

it's actually really hard when there's no federal guidance and governors end up being in charge of covid policy, but people can freely travel from states with lax responses to states with more aggressive responses.

it'll be interesting if anyone gets fined for not quarantining as some states are requiring.

Capatalism / America Freedoms / lack of cohesive leadership/messaging make this very hard for America.  You can't just shut down all restaurants/bars without the backside to help all of them out of work.

Online kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8159 on: July 02, 2020, 12:58:12 PM »

Iirc there were federal guidelines (I'm sure there are policy arguments in how they were under specified or lack of coordination on continued improvement of best practices. For example is 50% indoor capacity for restaurants okay or is 25% what is considered prudent).

I thought most states didn't follow the metrics to the letter for a state being prepared to opened up. Unless you are speaking towards schools in particular idk about those.

I did leave this out before my edit, but we also had our chief executive as a wrecking ball of misinformation and mixed messages that has to be mentioned if you talk about federal guidelines.

Also federal guidelines won't mean crap to the people who don't give a crap in the first place.  See state guidelines...

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2020/07/oregon-state-police-dont-wear-coronavirus-masks-as-they-patronize-corvallis-coffee-shop-despite-governors-order.html

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8160 on: July 02, 2020, 01:07:21 PM »

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8163 on: July 02, 2020, 03:27:54 PM »
Once again Kansas State is leading Texas in the CTR.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #8164 on: July 02, 2020, 03:28:41 PM »
Prepare for maga meltdown.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #8165 on: July 02, 2020, 03:33:43 PM »
Poor bqqk
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #8166 on: July 02, 2020, 03:47:03 PM »
Poor bqqk
Isn't he a Texas resident?

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8168 on: July 02, 2020, 03:50:35 PM »
The no shaking hands thing has been hard for me. I didn't realize how ingrained it's been in my everyday life. I feel rude now when meeting someone, but I know they appreciate it.

I’ve really been enjoying fist-bumping and dapping with older gentlemen. It’s been quite fun.
Gaaahhhh! Why?! just don’t touch them
:adios:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8169 on: July 02, 2020, 03:58:08 PM »

Gaaahhhh! Why?! just don’t touch them

A nod is perfectly acceptable.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8170 on: July 02, 2020, 04:26:07 PM »
Full Federal Control of all things meter currently:  Oversubscribed at 3000%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8171 on: July 02, 2020, 05:42:20 PM »
Full Federal Control of all things meter currently:  Oversubscribed at 3000%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a little federal interest in stopping this would be nice

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8173 on: July 03, 2020, 12:53:53 AM »
I get carry out, go grocery shopping, hang out in back yards for drinks, go to my office, and even went to a restaurant outside!

But my company isn't allowing business trips and I'm not hugging my friends. it isn't that weird :dunno:

You know something you’re right. I’ve only fistbumped like two duds. People just aren’t touching much these days. Prob for the best. I wonder if less babies gonna be born this year.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8174 on: July 03, 2020, 08:36:40 AM »

You know something you’re right. I’ve only fistbumped like two duds. People just aren’t touching much these days. Prob for the best. I wonder if less babies gonna be born this year.
There was something I read/heard that at the time of reading/hearing they were projecting a half million LESS babies because of all this.