Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1100980 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Corona Bro/Corona Meltdown/Corona Model Guessers
« Reply #7975 on: June 26, 2020, 01:54:42 PM »
Totally agree, around here there's signs on every door, the Daktronics traffic LED boards tell us to social distance, wear a mask, hand sanitizer stations, the constant reminders about capacity etc. etc.

There's just not enough messaging.

You honestly can sit there and say we have consistent messaging from president to governors to mayors?  Come on Dax. 

Liberate Michigan!

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7977 on: June 26, 2020, 02:15:39 PM »
it wouldn't be hard for Trump to make it seem patriotic to wear a mask and answer the calls of contact tracers and save like, thousands of lives. I don't know what the downside is, other than he's kinda reversing course. oh well, eff those old folks

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7978 on: June 26, 2020, 02:20:39 PM »
As I was saying....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/06/25/fox-news-hannity-coronavirus-misinformation/

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Phil . . . our best and brightest stood up at the podium and told us for 3.5 straight weeks not to wear masks.   So let's blame Sean Hannity  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7979 on: June 26, 2020, 02:21:29 PM »
it wouldn't be hard for Trump to make it seem patriotic to wear a mask and answer the calls of contact tracers and save like, thousands of lives. I don't know what the downside is, other than he's kinda reversing course. oh well, eff those old folks

Exactly.  I said before this was a slam dunk for his MAGA crowd and public helath and he literally shot at the wrong basket.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7981 on: June 26, 2020, 02:23:37 PM »
As I was saying....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/06/25/fox-news-hannity-coronavirus-misinformation/

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Phil . . . our best and brightest stood up at the podium and told us for 3.5 straight weeks not to wear masks.   So let's blame Sean Hannity  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes they were dumbasses too.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7983 on: June 26, 2020, 02:26:18 PM »
Alaska Airlines, an early adopter of new technologies in the aviation world, revealed Thursday that it's testing a new device that will clean and disinfect its aircraft cabins with ultraviolet light systems similar to the ones used in hospitals.

"We're looking at a couple of possible innovations in cleaning of the aircraft.," Alaska Airlines Chief Operating Officer Gary Beck said during a PSBJ Straight Talk virtual event. "One is the use of UV. In fact, we were just doing a test with a device yesterday that rolls down the aisle of the aircraft. It has wings that go over the seats — all the tray tables would be down — using UV rays to clean the aircraft. So, that's a possibility."

Beck did not name the UV disinfection system that was tested by Alaska.

However, his physical description of the system tested Wednesday matches that of a system being sold by Honeywell and its inventor, Dimer LLC, which was unveiled on June 10.

Dimer has granted Honeywell an exclusive worldwide license to sell its technology to airlines and Honeywell has said it is already being tested by unidentified airlines.

Honeywell said its UV cabin system can treat most aircraft cabin interiors under 10 minutes for a few dollars per flight for midsize to large airline fleets.

The company said Boeing 737 and Airbus jets, like the ones operated by Alaska Airlines, are among those that can be disinfected with UV. Honeywell is accepting orders for the system now, saying it will make first shipments in July.

"This offering is a big win for our airline customers, which are seeking affordable ways to clean their cabins effectively and quickly between flights," Honeywell Aerospace President and CEO Mike Madsen said. "Honeywell is working on a range of solutions to help make passengers more comfortable about flying."

So far, Alaska Airlines and its rival, Delta Air Lines, are fogging their jets with EPA-approved disinfectant sprays.

Beck said another, longer-term innovation would involve a new technology being explored by the world's biggest jet makers, Boeing and Airbus.

"This is in the infancy stage, but (we're exploring) using ionization technology. Both Airbus and Boeing are looking at this. This would be plugged into your air conditioning pressurization system of the aircraft itself. And the ions would actually come out through the air in the aircraft and circulate through the aircraft, killing the virus."

Alaska has previously said it will roll out a health certification process, which passengers can either complete before going to the airport on their airline's mobile phone app or at the airport, using kiosks. There's also constant cleaning of ticket counters, kiosks and counters at gate areas. Alaska workers have a self-reporting system for their own health, too.

"There's a real fear out there. People who haven't been in the workplace for three months or more have a fear of what's it's going to be like, so I don't think you can over-communicate about the safety measures, for not only your employees but your customers," Beck said. "The air quality in the cabin of airplane is actually hospital operating room grade air. Most people don't realize that."

Honeywell and Dimer said their UV aircraft cabin disinfection system is roughly the size of an aircraft beverage cart and has UVC light arms, or wings, that extend over the top of seats and sweep the cabin to treat aircraft surfaces.

Properly applied, the companies said in their news release, UVC lights deliver doses that medical studies find reduce various viruses and bacteria, including SARS CoV and MERS CoV. Results vary based on UV dosage and application, and the two companies cautioned that "no testing has been done specifically on protection against Covid-19."

The entrepreneurs behind the device were profiled recently by The Los Angeles Times in June.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7984 on: June 26, 2020, 02:33:37 PM »
 :lynchmob:

cRusty . . . how many times have older people and people with underlying conditions been told to take precautions?  I'll put it in the tens of millions of times.   The spike is not in older people cRusty.   Go out on your postage stamp front lawn and yell at them youngsters to get out of the bars and to quit partying.   

If you want more contract tracing, then that's up to Congress, cRusty, that's how this works.  In Washington the legislative branch controls the money.    HHS just gave the states $11 billion dollars for testing and contact tracing a month ago.  You want $50 billion more for contact tracing, call  Nancy.     

Quit the charade, just admit you want martial law and FEMA/Federal control.   We'll suspend the constitution and let the Feds run the country entirely.   

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7986 on: June 26, 2020, 02:40:55 PM »
If you want more contract tracing, then that's up to Congress, cRusty, that's how this works.  In Washington the legislative branch controls the money.    .

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/24/coronavirus-federal-government-to-end-funding-some-covid-19-test-sites.html

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7987 on: June 26, 2020, 02:41:10 PM »
Europe just kinda sorta opening up.

Didn't they start reopening in like mid-may?

Look Dax, Sys answered my question for you.

https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/1276594649994604545

Europe is not fully open, Phil.   Most countries just opened borders within the last week or so, many gathering places remain either limited or closed.  In multiple instances there is still Inter-Euro restrictions on travel that certain countries have implemented.   Denmark for example is only allowing people from 3 countries to enter.

Quit making other people answer your questions, figure it out on your own.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7988 on: June 26, 2020, 02:43:31 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7989 on: June 26, 2020, 02:43:59 PM »
 :'bye cruel world:
If you want more contract tracing, then that's up to Congress, cRusty, that's how this works.  In Washington the legislative branch controls the money.    .

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/24/coronavirus-federal-government-to-end-funding-some-covid-19-test-sites.html

They've already addressed that, Phil.  That's 13 sites using outdated procedures.    There's still hundreds of other Federally funded test sites and as I've told you already, HHS just gave the states $11 billion dollars to pay for testing.   Azar addressed this, you keep reading shitty reporting.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7990 on: June 26, 2020, 02:48:57 PM »
Guys, at this point we’re doing what Sweden was planning to do.  The only difference is their population didn’t have the guts/stupidity to execute.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7991 on: June 26, 2020, 03:00:09 PM »
Guys, at this point we’re doing what Sweden was planning to do.  The only difference is their population didn’t have the guts/stupidity to execute.

at this point I almost wish we'd lean into that. but I also don't think we have the guts/stupidity, either. at least on the scale you'd need.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7992 on: June 26, 2020, 03:02:05 PM »
Like I said, there will not be a re-closure. 

We are going to slug it out with the bug this summer and tell the nerds it's do or die time to give us a vaccine before Thanksgiving while quietly hoping for herd immunity.

And I am going to say I think this is our best plan.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7993 on: June 26, 2020, 03:04:17 PM »

We are going to slug it out with the bug this summer and tell the nerds it's do or die time to give us a vaccine before Thanksgiving while quietly hoping for herd immunity.

depends on what you define as re-closure but TX and FL are already re-closing on some level and I don't know if places like SF will ever fully reopen before a vaccine

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7994 on: June 26, 2020, 03:04:59 PM »

I agree with you if you mean no full shutdown like we did in April, even then some states didn't?  Two states did pretty big shutdowns of a pretty big segment of the economy just today?

I have no idea if it's our best plan but it will be our plan.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7995 on: June 26, 2020, 03:10:27 PM »
I think there will be a constant balance of never fully opening but never fully shutting down, with occasional hotspots popping up because people can still travel wherever they want.

It'll be interesting if quarantine orders for people who traveled from certain states like the one in NY have any effect

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7996 on: June 26, 2020, 03:57:52 PM »
The scales on those graphs are driving me crazy
That and they’re also wildly misleading. Every state I’m aware of (and I assume this is true for European countries as well) has reopened in phases, at times being more restrictive and other times less restrictive. The date of “reopening” just signifies the initial point of coming off shelter in place. It doesn’t say anything about the relative restrictions in place from one area to another. Texas is more restrictive now than it was 2 weeks ago.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7997 on: June 26, 2020, 04:05:56 PM »
The scales on those graphs are driving me crazy
That and they’re also wildly misleading. Every state I’m aware of (and I assume this is true for European countries as well) has reopened in phases, at times being more restrictive and other times less restrictive. The date of “reopening” just signifies the initial point of coming off shelter in place. It doesn’t say anything about the relative restrictions in place from one area to another. Texas is more restrictive now than it was 2 weeks ago.
Also every "lockdown" is different

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7998 on: June 26, 2020, 04:36:31 PM »
KC now requiring masks in public areas
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7999 on: June 26, 2020, 05:41:38 PM »

It's puzzling how a public health concern like this morphed into a partisan political issue, but American exceptionalism I guess. I'd assume it had to do with how conservative media was leaning towards masks at a pivotal moment in time and slowly built a wedge from there.
Trump thinks (probably correctly) that his only path to staying in power is to get his base to turn out. And the best way to do that is make every single issue divisive.