Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1069539 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Corona Bro/Corona Meltdown/Corona Model Guessers
« Reply #8001 on: June 26, 2020, 06:50:37 PM »
it wouldn't be hard for Trump to make it seem patriotic to wear a mask and answer the calls of contact tracers and save like, thousands of lives. I don't know what the downside is, other than he's kinda reversing course. oh well, eff those old folks

It's puzzling how a public health concern like this morphed into a partisan political issue, but American exceptionalism I guess. I'd assume it had to do with how conservative media was leaning towards masks at a pivotal moment in time and slowly built a wedge from there.
Trump thinks (probably correctly) that his only path to staying in power is to get his base to turn out. And the best way to do that is make every single issue divisive.
Nothing says not divisive than a black guy getting killed in a generational lib stronghold (again) and the POS D speaker of the house blaming Republicans.   As she’s walked the halls for 3 decades and hasn’t done crap.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8002 on: June 26, 2020, 06:59:52 PM »
it wouldn't be hard for Trump to make it seem patriotic to wear a mask and answer the calls of contact tracers and save like, thousands of lives. I don't know what the downside is, other than he's kinda reversing course. oh well, eff those old folks

It's puzzling how a public health concern like this morphed into a partisan political issue, but American exceptionalism I guess. I'd assume it had to do with how conservative media was leaning towards masks at a pivotal moment in time and slowly built a wedge from there.
Trump thinks (probably correctly) that his only path to staying in power is to get his base to turn out. And the best way to do that is make every single issue divisive.
Nothing says not divisive than a black guy getting killed in a generational lib stronghold (again) and the POS D speaker of the house blaming Republicans.

What are you referring to here, bud?

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8003 on: June 26, 2020, 07:00:37 PM »
it wouldn't be hard for Drumpf to make it seem patriotic to wear a mask and answer the calls of contact tracers and save like, thousands of lives. I don't know what the downside is, other than he's kinda reversing course. oh well, eff those old folks

Drumpf thinks (probably correctly) that his only path to staying in power is to get his base to turn out. And the best way to do that is make every single issue divisive.
Nothing says not divisive than a black guy getting killed in a generational lib stronghold (again) and the POS D speaker of the house blaming Republicans.   As she’s walked the halls for 3 decades and hasn’t done crap.

Nothing says divisive like literally turning it into the partisan hackery you peddle here as if Moscow Mitch and tons of the Rs have been actively subjugating tons of attempts, but yes, all the dems fault, never the Rs, ever. Impossible to not make it that way with the way you always split it you half truther
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8006 on: June 27, 2020, 05:49:14 AM »
Why would an advocate of wearing a mask (me) say that?

You’re an amazing dumbass. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Corona Bro/Corona Meltdown/Corona Model Guessers
« Reply #8007 on: June 27, 2020, 06:02:34 AM »
it wouldn't be hard for Drumpf to make it seem patriotic to wear a mask and answer the calls of contact tracers and save like, thousands of lives. I don't know what the downside is, other than he's kinda reversing course. oh well, eff those old folks

Drumpf thinks (probably correctly) that his only path to staying in power is to get his base to turn out. And the best way to do that is make every single issue divisive.

Nothing says divisive like literally turning it into the partisan hackery you peddle here as if Moscow Mitch and tons of the Rs have been actively subjugating tons of attempts, but yes, all the dems fault, never the Rs, ever. Impossible to not make it that way with the way you always split it you half truther

Your party has literally perpetrated a fraud on America for 3 years and it’s obvious to anyone that isn’t a complete Lib Jackbbot that your heroes weaponized the DOJ and intelligence community against their political opponents.  Stalin and Mao beam down with pride. 

Your parties leadership having walked the halls of Capital Hill for a combined 2.5 centuries just got woke to the cause about . . . Oh, about 7.5 minutes ago (wtf were they doing between 2009 and January ‘17? Besides helping Obama kill brown people?).  While every epicenter of shitty cops in this country has been run by Democrats for decades, in several instances nearly a century. 

Now would someone help Nancy and her culturally appropriating Oxy and Gin covered pantsuit and scarf up off the floor?  Grandma Killer Dem governors on line 3.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8008 on: June 27, 2020, 06:07:05 AM »

And for that Dax, you are a lib hero
:adios:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8009 on: June 27, 2020, 06:10:08 AM »

And for that Dax, you are a lib hero
Maybe when Joe wakes up from his nap this afternoon,  Jill will dial the phone for him and he’ll call and try and reel me in. 

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8010 on: June 27, 2020, 10:24:10 AM »
Man dax is going to be pissed watching his orange racist incompetent prez go down in flames with Biden never showing his face.

That's how bad trump is. Even W got 2 terms.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8011 on: June 27, 2020, 12:11:58 PM »
Man dax is going to be pissed watching his orange racist incompetent prez go down in flames with Biden never showing his face.

I know you’re proud that a mentally incapacitated mega corrupt racist is going to be in the Oval Office with (D).   

A guy who literally worked in lock step with some of Libdom’s most hated Republican’s to pass Bill and Hillary’s mega racist sentencing legislation.  A guy who as chair of the Senate Select committee on intelligence paved the road to the Iraq war with bricks of gold.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #8012 on: June 27, 2020, 12:22:53 PM »

I know you’re proud that a mentally incapacitated mega corrupt racist is going to be in the Oval Office with (D).   

A guy who literally worked in lock step with some of Libdom’s most hated Republican’s to pass Bill and Hillary’s mega racist sentencing legislation.  A guy who as chair of the Senate Select committee on intelligence paved the road to the Iraq war with bricks of gold.
:love:

The whataboutism, the word choice, just a work of art.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8013 on: June 27, 2020, 12:41:26 PM »

And R are going to vote for that guy. Jfc what a mess you voted for!

Be honest, back in 2015 when you filled in that bubble next to Donald J Trump did you think it would get this bad? I mean you are a smart guy, you knew it was going to be bad to spite vote purely to prove that black president wrong but THIS bad? No way you could imagine it.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #8014 on: June 28, 2020, 10:31:49 AM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8015 on: June 28, 2020, 11:03:07 AM »

And R are going to vote for that guy. Jfc what a mess you voted for!

Be honest, back in 2015 when you filled in that bubble next to Donald J Trump did you think it would get this bad? I mean you are a smart guy, you knew it was going to be bad to spite vote purely to prove that black president wrong but THIS bad? No way you could imagine it.
Why would I vote for someone who literally got up and front of the world and declared in the greatest racist dog whistle ever on a national platform, “we will bring them to heel”?

Why would I vote for someone who was one the greatest champions for war on the Democratic side when she was a senator? 

Why would I vote for someone when we have documented proof that she had a sort of psychotic/sociopathic Strangelovian world view that was a twisted cauldron of perpetual war across the globe? 

Why would I vote for someone who quite obviously used the power of her office as SOS coupled with her husband’s presidency to run the greatest pay to play money laundering scheme in modern political history?

Why would I vote for someone who clearly got off on war and regime change?

Why would I vote for someone who was easily one of the most fake minority vote panderers since LBJ?   Someone who via business dealings of mine in Arkansas it was affirmed she was a hardcore racist who only saw POC as a means to end.  That end being political power. 

Joe Biden is the male, slightly less corrupt version of Hillary.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #8016 on: June 28, 2020, 11:08:27 AM »
Happy Sunday, Dax.

:lol:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8017 on: June 28, 2020, 11:17:04 AM »
Happy Sunday, Dax.

:lol:
Happy Sunday you little fascist wannabe.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8018 on: June 28, 2020, 01:12:28 PM »
https://twitter.com/JeremyKonyndyk/status/1276968353182220288

To be fair, they weren't really enforcing social distancing rules (lol at thinking it will be enforced in a college bar)

https://twitter.com/omarisankofa/status/1277246298404651011

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8020 on: June 29, 2020, 09:37:44 AM »
good read on contact tracing. I've mentioned it a few times, but paid sick leave and support for infected people is a big hurdle

https://twitter.com/SalomonJA/status/1277609247870611458

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8021 on: June 29, 2020, 09:46:36 AM »
I was reading about contact tracing struggles this weekend how people contacted or infected did not want to give up their contacts or locations.

What in the hell people?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8022 on: June 29, 2020, 09:56:01 AM »
I was reading about contact tracing struggles this weekend how people contacted or infected did not want to give up their contacts or locations.

What in the hell people?

the article mentioned people concerned with their family's immigration status, but also the rich white people in Marin just hang up.

people don't understand what it is or what it's for.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #8023 on: June 29, 2020, 10:03:03 AM »
https://twitter.com/chriscmooney/status/1276513229422895107

we have been looking into this sort of thing a lot since HVAC system design is what i do. Those are all great ideas and everything but lol at just being able to add MERV13 filters or UV lights as if they are an item on a grocery list. Most building owners (especially schools that have no money) don't want to go above and beyond for filtration requirements so they only do what is required by code...in most cases that is a MERV7 pre-filter and that's it. The fans in those units don't typically have the capacity to overcome the added pressure drop of higher efficiency filters, and that's assuming you have space for them. MERV13 filters are typically deeper and have different geometries than MERV7, so even if the fan could handle the added pressure drop, you still might not be able to physically fit those filters in the unit.

On top of that, UV lights only work with sufficient dwell time...i think the rule of thumb is something like 24 inches of length but i think that is based on 500 feet/min air velocity in the cabinet...so that number could go up or down depending on the actual air velocity in the unit. Anyway, most units they don't just leave an extra 24" of length in the unit just in case you want to go back later and add UV lights.

Like these are all great ideas and would probably go a long way in helping to slow the spread, but it would necessitate basically replacing all of their existing units and i'm pretty sure nobody is willing to spend that kinda money.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8024 on: June 29, 2020, 10:29:34 AM »
https://twitter.com/chriscmooney/status/1276513229422895107

we have been looking into this sort of thing a lot since HVAC system design is what i do. Those are all great ideas and everything but lol at just being able to add MERV13 filters or UV lights as if they are an item on a grocery list. Most building owners (especially schools that have no money) don't want to go above and beyond for filtration requirements so they only do what is required by code...in most cases that is a MERV7 pre-filter and that's it. The fans in those units don't typically have the capacity to overcome the added pressure drop of higher efficiency filters, and that's assuming you have space for them. MERV13 filters are typically deeper and have different geometries than MERV7, so even if the fan could handle the added pressure drop, you still might not be able to physically fit those filters in the unit.

On top of that, UV lights only work with sufficient dwell time...i think the rule of thumb is something like 24 inches of length but i think that is based on 500 feet/min air velocity in the cabinet...so that number could go up or down depending on the actual air velocity in the unit. Anyway, most units they don't just leave an extra 24" of length in the unit just in case you want to go back later and add UV lights.

Like these are all great ideas and would probably go a long way in helping to slow the spread, but it would necessitate basically replacing all of their existing units and i'm pretty sure nobody is willing to spend that kinda money.
Yeah, we just got pricing to include UVGI on 4 midsized rooftop unit replacements and it was $10,000 each. That is for new units, I’d imagine it would be more for a retrofit, if physically possible.  The effectiveness is pretty dubious too, it will effectively prevent virus from being deposited and living on the duct or in the unit where the UV is, but the studies I’ve seen aren’t particularly convincing that they’ll have enough impact on virus entrained in air moving at design velocities.
:adios: