Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1069823 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
Re: Corona Bro/Corona Meltdown/Corona Model Guessers
« Reply #7301 on: May 29, 2020, 12:00:56 AM »
this is unbelievably sad.

https://twitter.com/HelenBranswell/status/1266178360562126848

What's sad is every kind of Christian thinks Trump is on their side.  He doesn't give a crap about them, he just wants their vote as he pretends to be Christian.  He doesn't care if they gather and the end result is they die, exact same reason he wanted Easter back on.

Trump already has the evangelical vote sown up. He wanted everything back open by easter because some people like to have easter lunch in fancy restaurants in fancy hotels. A simple grift for a simple man.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7303 on: May 29, 2020, 01:02:31 AM »
Would be increds. I have so many goddamn airline miles and they are burning the hottest hole in my pocket that you would ever believe.

Which is not to say I'd be there on June 4th. But I'm just stoked to take a trip, period. (Aug 29th for Seattle as of now, fwiw)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7304 on: May 29, 2020, 01:14:12 AM »
FlyICT’s only received one response so far.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7306 on: May 29, 2020, 01:41:11 PM »
Air conditioning and air filtration seems to be good at limiting spread right? That would give us an edge over the 1918 suckers.

Was the air conditioning sufficient in 2009?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/21/coronavirus-secondwave-cdcdirector/?outputType=amp

I also think the second curve will happen before flu season because the behavior of the public has changed. That incident that happened at Great Clips in Springfield or Joplin or wherever will be repeated all over the country. When the breakouts started to happen people were okay with laying out. There are more active cases now than we had in mid March yet a large sector of the population wants to behave like they did in February, it's foolhardy to think this won't have consequences.

Has it been reported how many the Great Clips person actually infected?

People, there were two people working at the Great Clips with the rona, one of them also worked out at a gym in the same time period. There's no possible way they can have an accurate count, yet, as to how many of the approximately 150 people exposed just at the Great Clips are positive already, it hasn't even been a week yet.

What are the odds that one of those people exposed at Great Clips were at the Lake of the Ozarks or were exposed to someone else at the the lake/pool. Gotta be pretty high, right?

Get back to me when numbers end of week.

Sounds like everybody was wearing masks so will be interesting to see how many exposed become infected.  Hopefully a victory for #teammask

42 of the 140 people "exposed" have been tested and results back so far, 0 new infections.  Go Team Mask!!!!!!!

https://www.kansascity.com/news/coronavirus/article243090216.html

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7307 on: May 29, 2020, 02:17:22 PM »
This is great news, I hope form follows and becomes huge national news and convinces people to wear rough ridin' masks.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7308 on: May 29, 2020, 03:43:48 PM »
the virus has a solid two months, which is more than most can say, but americans are finally bored with it.  welp, back to race stuff.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #7309 on: May 29, 2020, 03:56:28 PM »
Once it got successfully labeled as an "urban" or "immigrant" problem this was inevitable.

It'll become news again when it impacts the right people.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #7310 on: May 29, 2020, 04:03:10 PM »
Once it got successfully labeled as an "urban" or "immigrant" problem this was inevitable.

It got labeled as an "urban" problem more than a month ago, and it's still been absolutely dominating the news cycle until police injustice dominated the news cycle for the last 48-72ish hours. 

Agree that the media has done a pretty shitty job on coronavirus though, generally speaking.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 04:07:21 PM by DQ12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7311 on: May 29, 2020, 04:03:22 PM »
Air conditioning and air filtration seems to be good at limiting spread right? That would give us an edge over the 1918 suckers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/21/coronavirus-secondwave-cdcdirector/?outputType=amp

I also think the second curve will happen before flu season because the behavior of the public has changed. That incident that happened at Great Clips in Springfield or Joplin or wherever will be repeated all over the country. When the breakouts started to happen people were okay with laying out. There are more active cases now than we had in mid March yet a large sector of the population wants to behave like they did in February, it's foolhardy to think this won't have consequences.

People, there were two people working at the Great Clips with the rona, one of them also worked out at a gym in the same time period. There's no possible way they can have an accurate count, yet, as to how many of the approximately 150 people exposed just at the Great Clips are positive already, it hasn't even been a week yet.

What are the odds that one of those people exposed at Great Clips were at the Lake of the Ozarks or were exposed to someone else at the the lake/pool. Gotta be pretty high, right?

Sounds like everybody was wearing masks so will be interesting to see how many exposed become infected.  Hopefully a victory for #teammask

42 of the 140 people "exposed" have been tested and results back so far, 0 new infections.  Go Team Mask!!!!!!!

Only tested 42? Great everyone's negative. Would be interesting to see how they're spread out.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7312 on: May 29, 2020, 04:06:57 PM »

It got labeled as an "urban" problem more than a month ago, and it's still been absolutely dominating the news cycle until police injustice dominated the news cycle for the last 48-72ish hours.
The reopening protests coincidentally started around that time which gave it a lot of attention but people have been pretty bored with it since then unless the president tells people to drink bleach

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #7313 on: May 29, 2020, 04:11:15 PM »

The reopening protests coincidentally started around that time which gave it a lot of attention but people have been pretty bored with it since then unless the president tells people to drink bleach
To be fair, with the increasingly encouraging news about the virus, it's become increasingly boring.  If NY returns to mid-April levels next week, I'd bet attention to it would ramp up again.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #7314 on: May 29, 2020, 04:25:09 PM »

Agree that the media has done a pretty shitty job on coronavirus though, generally speaking.

Yeah around April 7th.

I guess you can blame the media if you want to, but it simply holds a mirror to society.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7315 on: May 29, 2020, 04:27:05 PM »
Yeah I think the general public has definitely been in a wait and see pattern for the past couple weeks. I predict interest will pick back up mid June when we’re about a month into America’s soft reopening.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7316 on: May 29, 2020, 04:47:01 PM »
Yeah I think the general public has definitely been in a wait and see pattern for the past couple weeks. I predict interest will pick back up mid June when we’re about a month into America’s soft reopening.
Number of cases will either rise too slowly for people to notice or people will just chalk it up to more testing. Or maybe both!*

*This assumes there isn't a white people church outbreak

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7317 on: May 29, 2020, 04:55:55 PM »

Only tested 42? Great everyone's negative. Would be interesting to see how they're spread out.

Sounds like they are still trying to get everybody tested and results.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #7318 on: May 29, 2020, 05:24:43 PM »

Yeah around April 7th.

I guess you can blame the media if you want to, but it simply holds a mirror to society.
I guess when you said “it’ll become news again when...” you were talking about “the news.”  But if you were just talking about your twitter feed or this politics message board then I retract my slander about the news media.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #7319 on: May 29, 2020, 05:25:49 PM »
Number of cases will either rise too slowly for people to notice or people will just chalk it up to more testing. Or maybe both!*

This also assumes things will suddenly start getting worse rather than continue getting better.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #7320 on: May 29, 2020, 05:26:48 PM »
Yes I mean "the news", or the MSM in your terms.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #7321 on: May 29, 2020, 05:29:35 PM »
Well not quite the MSM as you probably think, since I would include all major sources of media like Fox News, Breitbart, OAN, etc as MSM as well (which I assume you wouldn't).

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #7322 on: May 29, 2020, 05:33:14 PM »
Well not quite the MSM as you probably think, since I would include all major sources of media like Fox News, Breitbart, OAN, etc as MSM as well (which I assume you wouldn't).
I don’t really have a good definition of “MSM” but yeah I think I’d consider all of those varying degrees of “mainstream.”

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7323 on: May 29, 2020, 06:48:29 PM »

This also assumes things will suddenly start getting worse rather than continue getting better.

For sure, that's not gonna happen as things reopen and there's no vaccine and lackluster contact tracing and no central quarantine. And even then it probably won't completely go away!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52845015

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7324 on: May 29, 2020, 07:20:25 PM »
Completely going away is not really the goal at this point and probably never will be.