Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1070322 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #15875 on: May 11, 2021, 07:47:30 AM »
I think the free market that trumpers now loathe will exert enough pressure for them to abandon their closely held no vax beliefs.  It really is as simple as asking them "did trump and his entire family get vaxxed?"

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15876 on: May 11, 2021, 09:18:24 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/11/briefing/outdoor-covid-transmission-cdc-number.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

I wonder where we would be if the CDC would just spread reasonable and timely information.  They have been a big part of the reason for the divide on this virus.  Everyone ditch your outside masks, ffs.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15877 on: May 11, 2021, 01:42:26 PM »
I will never forgive them for how badly they’ve botched messaging under both presidents’ watch.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15879 on: May 11, 2021, 02:02:44 PM »
Hell yeah!!!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15880 on: May 11, 2021, 09:16:27 PM »
Thought to be the most vaccinated nation in the world.  33% testing positive, vaccinated with both doses. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15881 on: May 11, 2021, 10:43:13 PM »
https://news.yahoo.com/herd-immunity-u-san-francisco-101403071.html

Take a (victory) lap, krusty.

Reposting, because isn't this incredible news? Very similar to what they saw earlier in Israel. Story in original link.

Is San Francisco on the verge of a herd immunity breakthrough? Experts are optimistic

Locally, though, it can be clearer. Over the past seven days, San Francisco, home to more than 870,000 people, recorded an average of only 26 new Covid-19 cases per day. Two-thirds of all adults in San Francisco and almost 60 percent of the greater metro area of 4.7 million have been vaccinated with at least one dose — one of the highest rates in the U.S. Its positive test rate sits at 1.2 percent.

I know I'm super late on this but the repeated misuse of the term herd immunity is very annoying. San Francisco on its own cannot achieve herd immunity unless the people there are placed in a bubble. Presumably San Franciscans work, and visit other places locally. I'm also certain that there are San Franciscans who work along side those who may work in San Francisco and live somewhere else that hasn't achieved an artificial number that someone has deemed herd immunity. There are other things that also factor into what we know as herd immunity, at least what constituted herd immunity in diseases and virus before COVID-19.

Thank you Public Health Administration class at K-State circa 1999.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15882 on: May 11, 2021, 10:52:59 PM »
Thought to be the most vaccinated nation in the world.  33% testing positive, vaccinated with both doses. 

I'm curious as to what you think this means.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #15883 on: May 11, 2021, 11:01:11 PM »

Vaccines are bad and shouldn’t be used because they don’t work.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15884 on: May 12, 2021, 03:31:24 AM »
Yes, that’s why I’m double Pfizer-Gates chipped.  Da Big Psycho Stalker Liar is an amazing dipshit.

Please don’t tell anyone you’re affiliated with K-State.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15885 on: May 12, 2021, 03:33:27 AM »

I don’t know, local and international health officials are trying to figure it out.

One of their main vaccines is the Chinese manufactured chip

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15886 on: May 12, 2021, 05:14:57 AM »

I don’t know, local and international health officials are trying to figure it out.

There hasn't been a vaccine that guarantees immunity for any recipient and that's been clear from the start, and this goes for everything we vaccinate for worldwide. It's why I have such a problem with fauci, the media, etc., even using the term herd immunity as if that's an actual real thing that we'll see in our lifetimes. The only human borne disease eradicated by vaccine was small pox and that took 470 years before vaccines could fully eradicate it. There are still hundreds of people who contract polio each year. The virus has obviously lost potency which makes eventual eradication easier but those things are measured in generations and centuries, not months or even years.  It's a ridiculous pipe dream to think it's going to take even a year or two to achieve immunity across large communities, even one of the least populated countries in the world. Seychelles has a similar population to Lawrence.

The hope is that we now have the ability to get vaccinated, worldwide, amazingly faster than ever before so we can change the math on how quickly we can get weaker variants and eventually actual immunity, but that isn't coming anytime soon.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15887 on: May 12, 2021, 06:45:49 AM »
Seychelles

Population 98,000 across a hundred islands

There is probably one island of anti vaxers that got owned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #15888 on: May 12, 2021, 07:16:27 AM »

There hasn't been a vaccine that guarantees immunity for any recipient and that's been clear from the start, and this goes for everything we vaccinate for worldwide. It's why I have such a problem with fauci, the media, etc., even using the term herd immunity as if that's an actual real thing that we'll see in our lifetimes. The only human borne disease eradicated by vaccine was small pox and that took 470 years before vaccines could fully eradicate it. There are still hundreds of people who contract polio each year. The virus has obviously lost potency which makes eventual eradication easier but those things are measured in generations and centuries, not months or even years.  It's a ridiculous pipe dream to think it's going to take even a year or two to achieve immunity across large communities, even one of the least populated countries in the world. Seychelles has a similar population to Lawrence.

The hope is that we now have the ability to get vaccinated, worldwide, amazingly faster than ever before so we can change the math on how quickly we can get weaker variants and eventually actual immunity, but that isn't coming anytime soon.
Thanks for another screed, I guess.

Israel was also another high vaccine rate, climbing infection rate country awhile back. That still may be the case. 

New family of vaccine(s), fast development, evolving virus.   Remember a year ago at this time scientists at places like Cornell were saying this virus had unique characteristics and combinations that they’d never seen before.   

All of that combined in situations where vaccine rates are high and infection rates skyrocket is newsworthy IMO. 

« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 07:26:33 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #15890 on: May 12, 2021, 09:14:03 AM »
I mean it can be fun to laugh about antivaxxers but dammit they are hurting real actual people. Just got done talking to a woman this morning who hasn't gotten vaccine because she has been told that it hasn't been studied enough. Meanwhile people who have passed up vaccine are showing up in the hospital with COVID. Lies about the vaccine are hurting and killing real people.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15891 on: May 12, 2021, 09:17:16 AM »
I mean it can be fun to laugh about antivaxxers but dammit they are hurting real actual people. Just got done talking to a woman this morning who hasn't gotten vaccine because she has been told that it hasn't been studied enough. Meanwhile people who have passed up vaccine are showing up in the hospital with COVID. Lies about the vaccine are hurting and killing real people.

This is pretty much the solution.  If you are able to get the vax and don't but then end up in the ICU well...

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15892 on: May 12, 2021, 09:21:17 AM »

Did you shun or mock her, and/or encourage her toward further risky behavior that will hurt/kill her and those of her ilk?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15893 on: May 12, 2021, 09:40:52 AM »

Did you shun or mock her, and/or encourage her toward further risky behavior that will hurt/kill her and those of her ilk?
I opted against the shun / mock approach. Discussed with her that I've gotten the vaccine, that I encouraged my family / friends to get the vaccine and that I believe the balance of risks / benefits vis a vis the vaccine is overwhelmingly in favor of getting vaccine. Discussed with her that I would be very sad if she got sick / died from a vaccine-preventable disease at this stage in the game. (acutally I've had this conversation x 2 already this morning). My anger and contempt is less toward the average vaccine-hesitant person on the street and more toward influencers and people in the media like Tucker who peddle this crap just for the sake of ratings and $$$.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15894 on: May 12, 2021, 09:54:26 AM »

I opted against the shun / mock approach. Discussed with her that I've gotten the vaccine, that I encouraged my family / friends to get the vaccine and that I believe the balance of risks / benefits vis a vis the vaccine is overwhelmingly in favor of getting vaccine. Discussed with her that I would be very sad if she got sick / died from a vaccine-preventable disease at this stage in the game. (acutally I've had this conversation x 2 already this morning). My anger and contempt is less toward the average vaccine-hesitant person on the street and more toward influencers and people in the media like Tucker who peddle this crap just for the sake of ratings and $$$.

Any of that work?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15895 on: May 12, 2021, 09:54:55 AM »

Any of that work?
All of that is work.

Edit: I misread your question. I don't know if it worked or not but the conversation was part of my work. I still have some hope that input from a trusted person will help people make good decisions about their health.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 02:05:41 PM by Sandstone Outcropping »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #15896 on: May 12, 2021, 01:11:38 PM »
lmao

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15897 on: May 12, 2021, 01:31:43 PM »
My aunt huge Trumper (prob Q type) has power of attorney over my GMA (nursing home resident 80+) and won’t allow her to get vaxxed. My dad 63/heart attack survivor is vaccine hesitant, but starting to come around.

Getting him on board enough to convince my aunt to allow vaccine for gma has been very tough
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #15898 on: May 12, 2021, 01:34:01 PM »
Keep fighting the good fight nicname.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15899 on: May 12, 2021, 01:49:35 PM »
My dad’s younger brother (60) got covid about 1.5 months ago and was hospitalized for several days. Apparently that doesn’t matter to them. He’s arguably the healthiest of the siblings.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.