Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1065583 times)

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #10950 on: October 21, 2020, 12:01:30 PM »
Dax, we’ve been over this.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10951 on: October 21, 2020, 12:02:28 PM »
Dax, we’ve been over this.

:lol:  just stop.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10952 on: October 21, 2020, 12:17:25 PM »
??

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10953 on: October 21, 2020, 12:21:00 PM »
KU med drs give a daily covid update/info thing on facebook/channel 5.

They've been saying for a long time that school reopening impact would not show for 6-8 weeks.  Same with super spreader events.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10954 on: October 21, 2020, 12:24:23 PM »
??

This thread is going on 447 pages.   So you're going to have to do better than we've been over this.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10955 on: October 21, 2020, 12:25:14 PM »
Similarly sized Euro countries adding new cases in the thousands, approaching or exceeding 10's of thousands in one case.

Sweden, still less than 1K new cases a day.   Mortality still flat lined.

Can you give us 50-100 words on your thoughts on why Sweden is showing the numbers they are?  I'm interested in why you keep bringing them up.

From Sweden just yesterday (opinion section alert) https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/10/20/sweden-economy-pandemic-strategy/

Oh hey Phil, there hasn't been any questioning of the "too many people" died relative to the precept that nobody wants to see anybody die (well. except for BidenVoters hoping Trump would die, but I digress).    Nice cherry picking BTW.

Even a CoronaBro Drama Queen like you understands that when one Euro country  with a similar population as Sweden is recording daily records of new RONA cases numbering at or near the tens of thousands.     While Sweden continues to record sub 1000 new daily cases and single digit daily mortality.  A rate/number that has remained flatlined for months.   Then that's worthy of some discussion, is it not?

This appears to be a foreign language ran through a 1990's generation translator.  Goodness it makes zero sense, there are like 8 spaces between sentences, odd extra spaces within sentences, fragments.   :blindfold:

Not the least bit surprising that the boards biggest CoronaBro Drama Queen is also the most anal.

You're bothered by the Sweden discussion because unlike you and your ilk.  They didn't have a complete meltdown about the RONA.   The early death rate is a favorite topic of CoronaBros who are now enraged that Sweden appears to have made it through to the end of the first wave.   While now avoiding the 2nd (or 3rd) wave, at least so far.   While the rest of the E "they're so much better than us, we should do it like they do it" U is (once again) a roiling cauldron of SARS-Covid-19 with seemingly no end in sight.  Outside of economy killing draconian lockdown re-instatement.  Which has been proven to have solved nothing but delaying the inevitable.

Unsurprisingly you've ignore my comments on Sweden.  Instead every person you've determined is "against" you, you mind meld all their comments into one to fit your raging nonsensical thoughts.  At the same time you are either ignorant or just ignore what Sweden has actually done.

"so far" is a powerful comment given the world is in the middle of this thing.  Thanks for clearing up what I was assuming you were thinking.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10956 on: October 21, 2020, 12:27:55 PM »
Similarly sized Euro countries adding new cases in the thousands, approaching or exceeding 10's of thousands in one case.

Can you give us 50-100 words on your thoughts on why Sweden is showing the numbers they are?  I'm interested in why you keep bringing them up.

From Sweden just yesterday (opinion section alert) https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/10/20/sweden-economy-pandemic-strategy/

Oh hey Phil, there hasn't been any questioning of the "too many people" died relative to the precept that nobody wants to see anybody die (well. except for BidenVoters hoping Trump would die, but I digress).    Nice cherry picking BTW.

Even a CoronaBro Drama Queen like you understands that when one Euro country  with a similar population as Sweden is recording daily records of new RONA cases numbering at or near the tens of thousands.     While Sweden continues to record sub 1000 new daily cases and single digit daily mortality.  A rate/number that has remained flatlined for months.   Then that's worthy of some discussion, is it not?

This appears to be a foreign language ran through a 1990's generation translator.  Goodness it makes zero sense, there are like 8 spaces between sentences, odd extra spaces within sentences, fragments.   :blindfold:

Not the least bit surprising that the boards biggest CoronaBro Drama Queen is also the most anal.

You're bothered by the Sweden discussion because unlike you and your ilk.  They didn't have a complete meltdown about the RONA.   The early death rate is a favorite topic of CoronaBros who are now enraged that Sweden appears to have made it through to the end of the first wave.   While now avoiding the 2nd (or 3rd) wave, at least so far.   While the rest of the E "they're so much better than us, we should do it like they do it" U is (once again) a roiling cauldron of SARS-Covid-19 with seemingly no end in sight.  Outside of economy killing draconian lockdown re-instatement.  Which has been proven to have solved nothing but delaying the inevitable.

Unsurprisingly you've ignore my comments on Sweden.  Instead every person you've determined is "against" you, you mind meld all their comments into one to fit your raging nonsensical thoughts.  At the same time you are either ignorant or just ignore what Sweden has actually done.

"so far" is a powerful comment given the world is in the middle of this thing.  Thanks for clearing up what I was assuming you were thinking.

So far is perfectly applicable to the situation.

You and your ilk were absolutely desperate to point to Europe as having this thing handled, and in reality, the exact opposite has occurred.   

Based on the post that I responded to, you had no comments regarding Sweden.

I also can't read the WaPo story, it's behind a paywall.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10957 on: October 21, 2020, 12:33:23 PM »

So far is perfectly applicable to the situation.

You and your ilk were absolutely desperate to point to Europe as having this thing handled, and in reality, the exact opposite has occurred.   

Based on the post that I responded to, you had no comments regarding Sweden.

I also can't read the WaPo story, it's behind a paywall.

Where do you see this trending for the US now that we're entering the fall, Dax?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10958 on: October 21, 2020, 12:36:57 PM »
European countries having a better approach and leadership giving their citizens consistent and topical information does not equal having the entire pandemic handled.  Only a fool running cover for an inept president would confuse the two.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10959 on: October 21, 2020, 12:46:52 PM »
What is joe going to be able to do differently from the executive that can change the trajectory of where we are?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10960 on: October 21, 2020, 12:57:30 PM »
What is joe going to be able to do differently from the executive that can change the trajectory of where we are?

In January?  Hopefully at that point we're polishing up the chip the USA plan.  Right now it probably looks like this though

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10961 on: October 21, 2020, 01:05:36 PM »
Haven’t the trials been put on hold? I mean maybe he can a better public example of wearing a mask but he can’t force states to do anything collectively and I assume he would need congressional support to pay for a nationwide contact tracing effort.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10962 on: October 21, 2020, 01:11:07 PM »
Haven’t the trials been put on hold? I mean maybe he can a better public example of wearing a mask but he can’t force states to do anything collectively and I assume he would need congressional support to pay for a nationwide contact tracing effort.

Moderna expects results in November and if signs are good will fill for emergency use and thinking December could be approved.  None have been put on hold in late stages.  Temporary pause to investigate sickness but that's normal it sounds like.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10963 on: October 21, 2020, 01:11:48 PM »
I don't think Biden will be able to actually do much different but I expect the CDC and FDA to be more visible, independent, and trusted

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #10964 on: October 21, 2020, 01:11:59 PM »
Haven’t the trials been put on hold?

wut? no

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10965 on: October 21, 2020, 01:13:12 PM »
Biden will be able to decide not to leave the WHO.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10966 on: October 21, 2020, 01:38:52 PM »

wut? no

So that CNBC article yesterday about AstraZeneca pausing their trial is fake news?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10967 on: October 21, 2020, 01:41:29 PM »
there are more than one trials

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10968 on: October 21, 2020, 01:44:06 PM »
European countries having a better approach and leadership giving their citizens consistent and topical information does not equal having the entire pandemic handled.  Only a fool running cover for an inept president would confuse the two.

Constant and topical information?

You mean like putting our chief infectious disease guy out in front front of a mic for nearly 2 months where he spent half the time telling us to not wear masks?   

What are the public health departments in the states and local municipalities up to?   They collectively have budgets that are calculated in the hundreds of billions of dollars.  All lead by people who are some of the highest paid government employees in their state/city.   Almost to a person those leaders line their walls with degree's and certifications.     It's good to see that you are once again stepping back into Trump should be a dictator mode, screw the governors and Federalism. 

It's also quite humorous that you actually believe that every European country deferred exclusively to the relevant experts.   That was not the case and there was just an article in the last few days discussing that issue.   I'll try and dig it up.     

The European "better approach" has proven to be nothing more than what rando's and no-nothings say.   Europe is once again over run with the virus.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #10969 on: October 21, 2020, 01:49:21 PM »
I’M NOT MELTING DOWN YOU ARE PHIL
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10970 on: October 21, 2020, 01:50:55 PM »

wut? no

So that CNBC article yesterday about AstraZeneca pausing their trial is fake news?

phrasing but put on hold is much different than pause which is a normal part of vaccine trials.  Hell someone died in that trial in brazil and the Brazilians said it should keep going.  Pfizer is also saying results will be available in November.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/10/21/vaccine-progress-coronavirus/

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10971 on: October 21, 2020, 01:52:44 PM »

Adults having a discussion, please pipe down.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #10972 on: October 21, 2020, 01:53:57 PM »

wut? no

yeah, that guy in the trial actually died. but they pause them all the time for stuff like that and when you test tens of thousands of people you have to do the due diligence whenever anything happens to anyone in the trial. may be connected to the vax or may not. But, there are like 10'ish late phase vaccine trials going on that aren't the AZ one. Pfizer should be approved within a month for early use.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10973 on: October 21, 2020, 01:56:44 PM »

Adults having a discussion, please pipe down.

No we aren't.  You are raging with tired tropes that mean nothing.  I've been burned again.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10974 on: October 21, 2020, 01:59:05 PM »
I’m going to let Trim take the first dose and give it a few months to see how he does