Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1068295 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #11000 on: October 21, 2020, 08:22:50 PM »
I’m a registered republican bud

same, dax is on another planet friend. thankfully not a Q planet that I can tell so far. but certainly a different one from ours.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11001 on: October 21, 2020, 09:48:36 PM »
As of 8/22 Abbot says they had shipped 7 million rapid test kits to all 50 states and Puerto Rico..   

Sounds like some procurement officials at some KC hospitals are not capable.

7 million, for the entire country? For the entire pandemic? So that's like 4 a day, only counting the 6100 hospitals with ERs in the country, that doesn't even count clinics or urgent care facilities.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11002 on: October 21, 2020, 09:55:40 PM »
He's very bad at math and data. 

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11003 on: October 21, 2020, 09:59:58 PM »
7 million is an embarrassingly low number.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11004 on: October 21, 2020, 10:17:41 PM »
I know the resident BidenVoters are extremely dense.

But Abbot didn't stop making their rapid tests in August, the've been ramping up every month since it got approved.   I know it's hard for some of you people to understand, but you can't just start Joe's Covid-19 Test Kits in your basement, at least not until its FDA (and others) approved.

They said they'll be shipping 50 million in October.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11005 on: October 21, 2020, 10:30:55 PM »
Dax, you fight weird battles against weird make believe enemies 24/7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #11006 on: October 21, 2020, 10:31:41 PM »

And sometimes it's completely insufferable.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11007 on: October 21, 2020, 11:15:16 PM »
we're now getting daily positive test notifications from our grade school. my kids class had one and we did two weeks virtual which was fine but he missed the interaction with his friends. thinking we go full virtual soon because NE cases are going wild and this can't continue.

Does the county or district have case count thresholds to determine when to go full virtual?
District has green, yellow, red and county has the same. County is in red but district is t because we haven’t had any actual spread within the school or something.

interesting I would think that the red county would automatically trigger red schools but who knows. I found out that my hometown Kansas elementary school went fully remote (but not the other schools in the district/county). Took a while to find but here's their criteria:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11008 on: October 21, 2020, 11:19:27 PM »

Some people have trouble following along in threads.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11009 on: October 21, 2020, 11:19:42 PM »
Super Weird.  Swine Flu in 2009, it took the CDC 4 months just to get out enough test kits to test a million people.

Was their any type of massive reform to change guidelines, laws and rules governing development of new tests?   Clearly not.

The current administration has had to cut through a massive load of red tape in order to get new testing products approved and to market.  Even going so far as approving Cue Health rapid testing with an emergency use authorization pushed by HHS and the DOD.

But they did leave behind a nice two page glossy marketing brochure.

12k swine flu deaths (0.048% CFR) folks. 

Massive cuts to science and research budgets every year folks.

Trump disbanded NSC pandemic unit folks.

Taskforce ignored a 69 page playbook folks (https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/25/trump-coronavirus-national-security-council-149285)

Trump's task force told us in February we could all get tests when we want it in April folks.

Complete failure of the American people.  10 months later.

NSC office reorganized, not disbanded. the guy who helped run the office wrote an op-ed saying that was false.   President Regime Change had bloated the NSC to insane levels, it needed to be shrunk. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/03/16/no-white-house-didnt-dissolve-its-pandemic-response-office/

We'll put that one with the Hoax, and good people on both sides check list of BidenVoter propaganda. 

Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster known Swine Flu was . . . known and originated in the United States . . . and not nearly as deadly as Novel Virus SARS-Covid-19.    350k to 450k hospitalized, 65m to 75m U.S. citizens infected.   The capability to test 1M people, 4 months.

Virtually no change to FDA et. al. approval processes for testing in 6 years after the Swine Flu outbreak.   Wrote a White Paper, though.

10/21 Super-Smart Euro report:

New cases:  132K

Leading the charge:  UK-France-Germany-Spain-Italy-Belgium with a combined 102K.  Attack rate greater than 120 except for Germany

Last 21 days Europe has added 2.3m cases, which matches the America's over the same period.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11010 on: October 21, 2020, 11:34:59 PM »
I finally looked up swine flu.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11011 on: October 21, 2020, 11:56:02 PM »
So if I'm reading this right North Dakota is taking the national guard because they can't even let people know they're positive fast enough

Overwhelmed by a flood of new coronavirus cases, North Dakota is halting its contact tracing efforts, and will instead ask people who test positive to put out the word themselves to their close contacts.

The office of Gov. Doug Burgum said in announcing the move that the state needed to reassign 50 National Guard soldiers from contact tracing to help clear a three-day backlog of people who have tested positive but have not yet been notified or assigned to a case investigator.

“In addition, significant community spread of coronavirus and a lack of compliance with close contact investigations have diminished the effectiveness of contact tracing,” the statement from the governor’s office said.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10/21/world/covid-19-coronavirus-updates/swamped-with-virus-cases-north-dakota-suspends-contact-tracing

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11012 on: October 22, 2020, 01:23:00 AM »

And sometimes it's completely insufferable.

:dubious:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11013 on: October 22, 2020, 08:15:27 AM »
Just read some of MIR’s latest, rating:  Mostly insufferable

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11014 on: October 22, 2020, 08:27:33 AM »
I’d consider taking either the Pfizer, Moderna, AZ, or J&J chip today if they offered it. Maybe some of the other phase 3's if I read up enough on them. You have to remember like 500k people are in these phase 3 trials right now.  Someone is going to die or get super sick from something during that.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html

the brazillian that died of covid that was part of the AZ phase 3 trial allegedly received the placebo. AZ should be back on track soon.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11015 on: October 22, 2020, 08:36:25 AM »
I’d consider taking either the Pfizer, Moderna, AZ, or J&J chip today if they offered it. Maybe some of the other phase 3's if I read up enough on them. You have to remember like 500k people are in these phase 3 trials right now.  Someone is going to die or get super sick from something during that.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/science/coronavirus-vaccine-tracker.html

the brazillian that died of covid that was part of the AZ phase 3 trial allegedly received the placebo. AZ should be back on track soon.

:party:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11016 on: October 22, 2020, 08:38:33 AM »
Just want to thank the EU (whose core countries are in the midst of record Rona numbers) for following Don Trump’s lead. 

By placing pressure on the WHO to force more transparency on emerging disease relative to the origin country /region. 

Months and months late. But still good none-the-less. 

WHO efforts to garner greater insight into the origin of SARS-Covid-19 in China:  Laughable, acquiescent, futile. 

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11017 on: October 22, 2020, 08:52:15 AM »
On the topic of testing, SK story from MAY! https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/05/whats-south-koreas-secret/611215/

In late January, just one week after the country’s first case was diagnosed, government officials urged medical companies to develop coronavirus test kits and told manufacturers to prepare for mass production. By mid-February—while the U.K. was talking about “herd immunity” and President Donald Trump was predicting that the virus would “miraculously” disappear in weeks—South Korea was churning out thousands of test kits every day. By March 5, South Korea had tested 145,000 people—more than the U.S., the U.K., France, Italy, and Japan combined.

To spare hospitals from being overrun with patients, as they were in 2015, Korean officials opened 600 testing centers and pioneered the use of drive-through testing stations to reduce face-to-face contact indoors. Inspired by drive-through counters at fast-food restaurants, these pop-up centers offered patients 10-minute tests without forcing them to leave their cars.

It's no secret where we effed this whole thing up and it was testing and still is.  Pretty shameful.  Let's hope we and the rest of the western world learn our lesson like SK did after MERS.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11018 on: October 22, 2020, 08:57:51 AM »

:party:

A Brazilian died?  That's way too many!  ba-dum tssssssss

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11019 on: October 22, 2020, 09:12:31 AM »
Germany blasts through to a new daily record, surpassing 10K.

German Health Minister tests positive.

3 Eastern Euro countries set new daily records.   

Spain had labeled SARS-Covid-19 as “out of control” in parts of the country.  Spain topped 1 million cases a couple of days ago.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11020 on: October 22, 2020, 09:16:50 AM »

Why on earth would it take longer than 15 minutes to verify something like that?

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11021 on: October 22, 2020, 09:20:23 AM »

Why on earth would it take longer than 15 minutes to verify something like that?

It didn't take long, the Brazilian CDC announced like the same day the trial should continue.  The unmasking from the 3rd party oversight shouldn't take anytime at all.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11022 on: October 22, 2020, 09:39:33 AM »
Imagine being on the vaccine trial, maybe going about life a little less cautiously because you think you might be safe, then dying of COVID
:adios:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11023 on: October 22, 2020, 09:54:41 AM »

Saw that.  Sorry for the guy but I think this really illustrates how normal a "pause" in the trials would be.  People in trials get sick/die because they are humans and we all will.  It could very likely have no correlation with the virus.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11024 on: October 22, 2020, 09:56:10 AM »
also I think people get confused with what a "pause" means. they don't stop monitoring people given the vaccine or anything. crap basically goes on as normal but nobody new gets it (if they are even still giving it to any participants).